What was your experience with jocks in high school?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 11:34 pm

I wasn't in high school long enough to even know which students were the jocks. All I know is that ALL the students made my life such hell that I nearly suffered a nervous breakdown in less than two months. :evil:

DystopianShadows
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 11:16 pm

I had nothing to do with the jocks.

Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 11:18 pm

We had cool ones. I only remember one who was disagreeable at all.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

The 42nd Doctor
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Dec 2018, 12:42 am

I'm not certain that it's a gender thing, but in my experience from and from my observations, jocks tend to overwhelmingly bully guys more.

My theatre class is full of jocks. A few are decent people, but most are utter asses. Back when I took theatre in middle school, the class was also full of jocks who tormented and bullied me everyday, and after that experience I honestly don't know why I thought it was a good idea to give the class another go. They don't exactly "bully" me anymore, or at least not to the extent that they did in middle school, but it's enough to make me want to quit the class (sadly I can't at this point in the year).

I have a male friend who attends boarding school, and although he is not an aspie, he does have aspie traits and he is practically the incarnation of the lanky nerd stereotype. He says that he resides in the "jockiest dorm of the school", and complains about being relentlessly bullied (it's mostly verbal harassment from what he tells me).

Another male friend of mine who is an aspie gets a lot of crap said about him behind his back, and some other male friends who are nerdy and awkward but not aspies also tend to be favourites amongst school jocks.

All my female friends and other girls that I've observed being bullied have only been the victims of other girls spreading rumours and such (save for one boy who harasses everyone and is, wait for it: a nerd).

brightonpete
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2018, 5:15 pm

I never rally got along with most anyone in high school. Fortunately, this was back in the early 70's. Bullying wasn't much of thing where I lived & went to school. I had a few friends. Gym class was a pain as I was so inept at anything. I was so glad when Gym class became optional!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2018, 8:36 pm

Either punched me, abused me or acted like I didn’t exist. Not worth knowing.

I don’t agree with the person who said jocks tend to bully guys more. Their form of bullying is just different to female bullying.

When I didn’t share interests with them, I was a nerd. When I did, I was apparently “trying to be cool”. I was not. You can’t win with these people.

I sometimes look at their Facebooks and see they still act like they’re really cool and they’re in their mid 30s for gods sake.

None of them were okay, not one. The only glory I ever got was once making one of them feel like s**t by curling my lip at him after he laughed that my chicken died.