Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Biskit69
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2018, 9:34 pm

Whenever it is not a school night I go to bed (if I ever do) at 12pm-5am. When I was about 8 I started going to bed at that time on non school nights and now I still do.

Mitz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Dec 2018, 11:26 am

WE NEED A NIGHT SCHOOL.
i am 100% more focused at night, and sometimes in the day i fall asleep or my head bricks.
i already have tried to barter with my parents to stay up late but they screech at me every time i ask to stay up beyond 8PM out of bed. i'm not 8, i can handle whatever you watch in the background downstairs! hell, just let me goddamn roam upstairs!
my melatonin is either on or off. i take a huge drop of the medicine before going to bed (taking at 8:30) and i'm up until 10-11PM. force me to shut off will cause me to stay up an hour extra. now, if i choose to turn off, most of the time i fall asleep in 10 minutes. lights don't FRIGGIN MATTER. SCREW BLUE LIGHT THEORY. I DRANK COFFEE WHEN I WAS 3 AND FELL ALSEEP TO IT.
also, my parents are aspies. one i can't tolerate because speaking to him for 15+ minutes up to 30 will make me freak out. absolutely randomly.
my parents say i have random autistic traits, which cannot be debunked because they're especially different. they already know coffee levels my stress, but can they goddamn believe i'm immune to blue light already!

TL;DR parents believe in garbage but don't believe in something just as or less garbage (about sleep)

Funky_little_toad
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Aug 2019, 7:17 pm

I can't go to sleep any earlier than midnight. Most of the time I go to sleep at around 1:30

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 7:25 pm

I generally stay up all night, and go to bed around 5 a.m. I love night time! I barely sleep in the day either, because of insomnia.

inkgirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Aug 2019, 8:25 pm

When I was younger (maybe 10 or 11) I would stay up till 10 reading books. Then I developed a regular sleeping schedule as a young teen (bed at 9, wake up at 6). And now my sleep schedule is wacky. I usually go to bed some time around 1 o'clock, but I've stayed up as late as 3. I've tried re-establishing a regular bed time, but it doesn't work. Also, insomnia seems to run in my family. My dad has it, and my grandma had it as well.

Apparently my grandma would stay up all night, and when my dad would wake up in the morning, a tub of icecream would be gone from the freezer, and all the furniture would be re-arranged!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 8:40 pm

I have the tendency to stay up late.

However I have to get up for work at 6 am 4 days a week, so I have to make myself go to bed earlier on work nights.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2020, 10:39 am

Staying up too late tends to have personal negative consequences in my life. Both physically and mentally.

Generally, the ideal time for me to go to bed is 11 PM. If I stay up later I do have rather creative thoughts; but they also tend to go into negative territory. This starts to happen at 1 AM. Which is why all-nighters tend to be rather strenuous on me. I've had hallucinations. They tend to be rather strange and sometimes creepy. I find that I start to feel rather down every so often if I stay up late. Strangely philosophical. Also, hungry. Unfortunately, if I do eat late at night then I usually get a stomach ache.

On an ideal day, I'd get to sleep at 11 PM and wake up at 7 AM. Lying in too much tends to make me sluggish, and if I miss breakfast then I end up not having enough calories. Which makes me unfocused, irritable, and if I keep sleeping in plus following this pattern then I lose an unhealthy amount of weight. As someone with a fast metabolism and lanky body, I occasionally fall into being underweight if I let things slide too much. I also find myself getting ill more often if I sleep irregular hours.

Personally, I love days where I get up early, but don't have to be anywhere until much later. So I can get up at a leisurely pace and slowly start to fully wake-up. Then I can show up to my commitments fully energised and feeling prepared.

xxSkull_Princessxx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Mar 2023, 4:13 pm

I've been a night owl for as long as I can remember, even when I was a toddler. Due to school, I usually force myself to go to bed before midnight on school nights and stay up late on weekdays and other breaks from school. The longest I've stayed up until (so far) was 4:30 am. My sleep schedule is inconsistent, I know.

I'm also an insomniac on top of being a night owl, though there have also been times where I've had hypersomnia instead of insomnia. I do try to get at least 6 hours of sleep though, because I start going crazy on less than 6 hours of sleep. While it may be fun having tons of unlimited energy, feeling invincible, and being euphoric for days on end, the crash from it is awful.

cornpop397
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Oct 2023, 9:34 am

My sleep patterns have varied over the years, on average, I fall asleep around 12-1 AM. Of course, this is only if I sleep on my stomach, ANY OTHER POSITION, and I'm up reading ontological philosophy at 4 AM, *audible sigh* but yeah.