Why do guys want girls who want cocky, arrogant guys?

Page 5 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 9:44 am

I remember one woman who I was friends with used to do stuff together like eat out. I put forth my own s**t test. I said "Since we're not dating then I think you should pay for your own way including your own food. " I thought it was a very reasonable boundary that I set. She got upset at that and basically expected the man to pay. She made the appeal to tradition. f**k that Noise! f**k Tradition! I want equality between the sexes and that means Ms. Princess needs to pay for her own s**t. Suffice it to say I dropped that "friend" like a bad habit.

Last edited by cubedemon6073 on 28 Jun 2018, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 9:45 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep. Elliot Rodger should be thought of as the murderer that he is.

That people are making him the "poster boy" for the "romantically disenfranchised" is beyond ridiculous to me.

Oh, I definitely agree my friend.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 10:17 am

This thread reminds me of a village in Austria.

It’s called f*****g.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/f*****g,_Austria

What’s so amazing about this village, that all its streets are also called f*****g.

So you would go f*****g wherever you wander there.

Going to work? f*****g.
Going to resto? f*****g.
Walking your dog? f*****g.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 3:04 pm

Most people these days in with it tend to pay for themselves.

Rural America might be different. Personally if it was me I’d move to a place like NYC or LA.

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 3:50 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

Rural America might be different. Personally if it was me I’d move to a place like NYC or LA.

It's like that in my house. We have separate bank accounts, pay our own bills, buy our own fun things, and we either split checks or we take turns paying.

There are indeed women who still want guys to pay everything for them, but if you don't agree with that, why would you go out with her?

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 6:17 pm

Luhluhluh wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

It's like that in my house. We have separate bank accounts, pay our own bills, buy our own fun things, and we either split checks or we take turns paying.

There are indeed women who still want guys to pay everything for them, but if you don't agree with that, why would you go out with her?

That sounds almost perfect! Except the split the bills thing. I usually order smaller, cheaper meals than other people, so if we split the bills or take turns, overall I'd end up paying more even though I'm ordering less. I prefer to go dutch :)

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 8:52 pm

Well, you ladies are awesome in my book :lol:

But, what's funny is we weren't even dating. She was a user and took advantage of people and threw a tantrum when she didn't get her way which is the definition of a c**t and b***h. Didn't you ladies have to deal with real as*holes and douchebags b4?

Last edited by cubedemon6073 on 28 Jun 2018, 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 8:52 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

To big and fast paced for me.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 1:51 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:

But, what's funny is we weren't even dating. She was a user and took advantage of people and threw a tantrum when she didn't get her way which is the definition of a c**t and b***h. Didn't you ladies have to deal with real as*holes and douchebags b4?

I dunno. The c bomb is a brutal word and I try to reserve it for extreme cases. I probably wouldn't use that word to describe your average sh***y person. Maybe if she was being directly hurtful to people, with that intent and no remorse...maybe.
I guess I'm a typical psych grad in that I try to figure out what's actually going on in someone's mind rather than calling them names. I might say someone "is being a b***h" or "is being bitchy" but I'm less likely to actually label them with "is a b***h".

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 1:52 am

I tend to get rid of them pretty quickly as I’ve gotten older.

I’m not asked out by men, just get perfectly friendly compliments now and then, which was fine in my book.

When I was younger I was taken advantage of for my naivety, but that was in my 20s. I didn’t have a great decade. I want my 30s to be awesome.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 11:01 am

MissxVenomxPoison wrote:
Define "value", we've broken up and made up. The only standard I'm not meeting is yours, I've accepted that I'm never going to have a "nice" guy. I scare nice guys because I ain't a Disney Princess, I'm a f*****g loud mouth with a fiery passionate personality. So if I want a guy or girl that's able to handle a crazy b***h, I'm "superficial". Sweetheart, love isn't about being Prince Charming or Disney Princess, He meets my standards and I meet his just fine. :P

I actually relate to this. Remember almost 2 years ago now I was hung up on this guy who was just messing me around and women told me he was a waste of space. I related to him. He has negative views that I share and I was just scaring off the nice guys, so I thought, "yeah, he can stand me, he's the one for me." Anyhoo that didn't work out. but that was my reasoning, that we were as bad as each other and deserved each other. He has good qualities too btw, I'm not a masochist.

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 11:21 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:

I'm pretty sure everyone (men and women) has had to deal with their share of idiots. Idiots come in all shapes and sizes.

MissxVenomxPoison
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jun 2018, 2:15 pm

hurtloam wrote:
MissxVenomxPoison wrote:
Define "value", we've broken up and made up. The only standard I'm not meeting is yours, I've accepted that I'm never going to have a "nice" guy. I scare nice guys because I ain't a Disney Princess, I'm a f*****g loud mouth with a fiery passionate personality. So if I want a guy or girl that's able to handle a crazy b***h, I'm "superficial". Sweetheart, love isn't about being Prince Charming or Disney Princess, He meets my standards and I meet his just fine. :P

I actually relate to this. Remember almost 2 years ago now I was hung up on this guy who was just messing me around and women told me he was a waste of space. I related to him. He has negative views that I share and I was just scaring off the nice guys, so I thought, "yeah, he can stand me, he's the one for me." Anyhoo that didn't work out. but that was my reasoning, that we were as bad as each other and deserved each other. He has good qualities too btw, I'm not a masochist.

I'm only a masochist during sex :P

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 4:18 pm

MissxVenomxPoison wrote:
I'm only a masochist during sex :P

Hallelujah!

We got one!!

:cheers: