Why do guys want girls who want cocky, arrogant guys?

Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 10:12 am

I decided to do a spin-off thread from the thread Why do girls want cocky, arrogant guys.

Let's turn this around. Why do guys want girls who want cocky, arrogant guys? Think about it. What kind of a woman would you be dealing with who would want a cocky, arrogant guy? Forget how good she looks and look at her personality as well. Is that the type of personality you'd want as a companion? What do you offer her and what does she offer you? And, let's say you two date and become involved let's say you do something she doesn't like well will she call you a jerk and say she can't find a nice guy. Guys, don't f**k with this sort of woman.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 10:17 am

No, I don't.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 10:17 am

Most women I know really don't want "cocky, arrogant" guys. Most of them have outgrown this sort of desire.

There is some tendency for girls in high school to want to date "jocks," "bad boys," etc. But this desire lessens as girls grow into women.

So the "pool" for girls who like cocky, arrogant guys is actually pretty small.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 10:18 am

Because (1) it's easier for a guy to be cocky and arrogant than to be warm, friendly, a good listener, generous, submissive, gullible, dependable, faithful, responsible, wealthy, cheerful, helpful, and a myriad of other things that women say they want in a man; and (2) by the time the guy is tired of the girl, she will likely leave him for another "cocky, arrogant guy".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 10:33 am

Humans want what we can’t have. Once we have what we want, we don’t want it anymore. We want the next thing we can’t have.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 10:52 am

LOL....it DOES seem that way sometimes.

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 12:22 pm

Women who are attracted to cocky and arrogant are often naive, mistake the "cocky and arrogant" act for real confidence, and have poor social boundaries.

Men who are attracted to that recognize the woman's nativity as something to be exploited.

Or put it another way, stupid men are attracted to stupid women.

Smart women recognize the Red Pill act for what it is; smart men know to steer clear of women who are inherently damaged.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 2:05 pm

People want to feel validated by going for -and getting- partners they believe they normally wouldn't get.
This rarely pans out the way guys want it, and translates into the vitriol you have the privilege of reading here every day.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 4:17 pm

I want a girl who wants a polite, friendly and - most importantly - loyal guy.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 5:47 pm

The alternative is being single

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 6:18 pm

sly279 wrote:

Usually this. Guys who want girls who aren't suitable for them tend to be the sorts of guys who struggle to get dates/relationships and are just focussed on finding *any girl that will have them*. I personally think it's the wrong approach, but it's fairly common here.

I say it a lot not just with the specific topic of this thread but with all sorts of qualities someone might complain about in the sex they are attracted to. Why bother wanting someone like that? Find someone who isn't like that. Find someone you actually like and respect. Not just "someone".

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 6:30 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Usually this. Guys who want girls who aren't suitable for them tend to be the sorts of guys who struggle to get dates/relationships and are just focussed on finding *any girl that will have them*. I personally think it's the wrong approach, but it's fairly common here.

I say it a lot not just with the specific topic of this thread but with all sorts of qualities someone might complain about in the sex they are attracted to. Why bother wanting someone like that? Find someone who isn't like that. Find someone you actually like and respect. Not just "someone".

Exactly. I’d imagine people who would date just “someone” would find the relationship disappointing. You want to have a deep connection with a partner. Going with anything less than that would be doing yourself a disservice.

Wait for the right person to come along. Work on self improvement. Maybe get a dog for companionship to make the wait easier.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 6:54 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Men unlocked women can’t be selective or choosy
So if a girl comes along who I get along with and shared interest yeah I’m going go with her. We don’t have a line of women wanting us or even just to get into our pants to chose from. I think a lot of people have too high of a standard when it comes to being a match
All you need is to like their personality, them like yours and find each other attractive. You can figure out the rest and maybe it doesn’t work out but if you don’t try you’ll never know.

Cause most single women are like that’. Should I try to get women to cheat on their spouse?

As women say about men there’s probably a reason such women are still single at 25+ and if it’s not because they want to be it’s probably because no men meet their idea standard

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 6:56 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Exactly. I’d imagine people who would date just “someone” would find the relationship disappointing. You want to have a deep connection with a partner. Going with anything less than that would be doing yourself a disservice.

Wait for the right person to come along. Work on self improvement. Maybe get a dog for companionship to make the wait easier.

They usually build a deep connection over time. Meeting someone and having a deep connection is fairy tail

Some people like me can’t do any self improvement where it’s needed
If I could handle full time work if I could get a better job I and the government would have found me one but I can’t. That’s he stone solid unchangable reality

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 1:03 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I certainly agree that you should wait until the right person comes along, but I also doubt that a deep connection can be built with typical dating. My data says many NDs cannot build deep connections with dating. A deep connection is nonverbal and can only be built effectively if you are not verbal. Sure, you can have a date without talking, but most people find that rather awkward.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 1:11 am

sly279 wrote:
Men unlocked women can’t be selective or choosy
So if a girl comes along who I get along with and shared interest yeah I’m going go with her.

I'm sure you see it like that from your current point of desperation, but relationship happiness is not binary. There is a huge variation in how happy relationships are.

sly279 wrote:
We don’t have a line of women wanting us or even just to get into our pants to chose from. I think a lot of people have too high of a standard when it comes to being a match

Agreed. Especially women on dating sites.

sly279 wrote:
All you need is to like their personality, them like yours and find each other attractive. You can figure out the rest and maybe it doesn’t work out but if you don’t try you’ll never know.

That's right, and that kind of criteria means you have many potential partners.

sly279 wrote:
As women say about men there’s probably a reason such women are still single at 25+ and if it’s not because they want to be it’s probably because no men meet their idea standard

Not always. Some of them are neurodiverse, and it's those you should pursue. :D