Why do guys want girls who want cocky, arrogant guys?

Page 2 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 1:44 am

rdos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Men unlocked women can’t be selective or choosy
So if a girl comes along who I get along with and shared interest yeah I’m going go with her.

I'm sure you see it like that from your current point of desperation, but relationship happiness is not binary. There is a huge variation in how happy relationships are.

sly279 wrote:
We don’t have a line of women wanting us or even just to get into our pants to chose from. I think a lot of people have too high of a standard when it comes to being a match

Agreed. Especially women on dating sites.

sly279 wrote:
All you need is to like their personality, them like yours and find each other attractive. You can figure out the rest and maybe it doesn’t work out but if you don’t try you’ll never know.

That's right, and that kind of criteria means you have many potential partners.

sly279 wrote:
As women say about men there’s probably a reason such women are still single at 25+ and if it’s not because they want to be it’s probably because no men meet their idea standard

Not always. Some of them are neurodiverse, and it's those you should pursue. :D

There’s some auto correct errors in my post , I made it as I was supposed to be clocking on for work so was in rush.
Suppose to say unlike.
And that if one comes along I’d go out with her.

I don’t think I, desperate or I’d go out with women I don’t find attractive or that lady who smokes, etc.

Maybe for a successful well off guy , but a disable min wage working ugly guy like me has no potential partners

Only ND women I’ve seen are here and they aren’t single besides 4 of them. And those 4 don’t use dating sites.
Might been one or two but th aspie rejected me for being worthless and the others sister told me I wouldn’t be good enough for her sister.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 4:25 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
sly279 wrote:
The alternative is being single

Usually this. Guys who want girls who aren't suitable for them tend to be the sorts of guys who struggle to get dates/relationships and are just focussed on finding *any girl that will have them*. I personally think it's the wrong approach, but it's fairly common here.

I say it a lot not just with the specific topic of this thread but with all sorts of qualities someone might complain about in the sex they are attracted to. Why bother wanting someone like that? Find someone who isn't like that. Find someone you actually like and respect. Not just "someone".

It's common among the whole Earth's male population, not just among WP males.

I estimate that around 60 to 70% of the taken men are with someone because she was the only option available.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 5:27 am

I agree with the face of boo. Sadly, it’s extremely common.

I’ve often seen men settling after they got rejected enough from women they really wanted to be with. And it’s not nice for the woman they settle for, being used.

It’s not a love story for a lot of people. It’s a “you’ll do for now” story.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 5:42 am

hale_bopp wrote:
I agree with the face of boo. Sadly, it’s extremely common.

I’ve often seen men settling after they got rejected enough from women they really wanted to be with. And it’s not nice for the woman they settle for, being used.

It’s not a love story for a lot of people. It’s a “you’ll do for now” story.

It just shows how the modern dating market isn't working. A majority of men only go by sexual attraction, and men of all ages are mostly attracted to teenagers or women in their 20s. It is no wonder if few men can be with the woman they are most sexually attracted to. Women in their 20s, OTOH, become extremely picky (especially if they are attractive), and so prefer to play with all the attention instead of settling down. When they reach their 30s, they find it much harder to find a mate (they all go for younger ones).

The problem is that human mating is not adapted to huge dating pools, and works very poorly under those conditions.

The primary issue is not that people will settle with the first one that accepts them (that's how it works in the natural environment), but that they try a huge number of potential partners before they get desperate.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jun 2018, 7:30 am

Because it seemed like all the single girls wanted guys like that & being with them would be a hell of a lot better than being alone for the rest of our lives.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 12:09 pm

Oh I totally know this to be true about settling. Mine settled for me and it's not a terrific feeling. He was tired of being single and didn't want to be a perpetual Virgin so he meets me and I found his Aspieness as an exotic quality. He embodied everything in my fantasies, a quiet well dressed, cologne wearing man of Southern European ancestry. I didn't know anything about Aspies as that was not around back than. He put up with my trailer park family mentality and abuse of which there was a lot. He came from a very cultured family in comparison. Girls didn't give him the time of day as he had crap social skills.

I was able to get plenty of dates. Not trying to brag but I had what superficial guys liked...a Sofia Vergara figure...but that doesn't sustain relationships.

I give my credit for sticking it out in a marriage with a woman that was never his first or even second choice.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 12:20 pm

Sofia Vergara reminds me of Nigella Lawson, of Nigella Bites fame.

I've had a little crush on her for years......

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 12:23 pm

Hahaha Krafty...you're cool

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 4:20 pm

nick007 wrote:
Because it seemed like all the single girls wanted guys like that & being with them would be a hell of a lot better than being alone for the rest of our lives.

True that

MissxVenomxPoison
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jun 2018, 6:13 pm

Because they are studs in bed

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 6:38 pm

MissxVenomxPoison wrote:
Because they are studs in bed

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 7:32 pm

sly279 wrote:

Then why not accept the alternative then. If all these c***s want arrogant guys, then what are these women really like? I don't want a b***h who says she wants a nice guy then dates as*holes. These women are going to have a butt load of problems more then likely. Why lower yourself to them? f**k it! Do you! Enjoy yourself. f**k them!

And, if one of these b*****s ask why can't I find a nice guy then ask them what do you have to offer a nice guy? If they call you a jerk or ass then kick their asses to the f*****g curb.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 7:37 pm

The trouble is....is that sometimes, in the old days, I used to want to f**k them :(

I know the frustration....trust me I know it!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jun 2018, 7:40 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Then why not accept the alternative then. If all these c**** want arrogant guys, then what are these women really like? I don't want a b***h who says she wants a nice guy then dates as*holes. These women are going to have a butt load of problems more then likely. Why lower yourself to them? f**k it! Do you! Enjoy yourself. f**k them!

And, if one of these b*****s ask why can't I find a nice guy then ask them what do you have to offer a nice guy? If they call you a jerk or ass then kick their asses to the f*****g curb.
For some reason that makes me feel sorry for them & want to help them by being in their lives & treating them as best I can.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 7:53 pm

Nick, don't feel sorry for them. When they b***h and whine about not finding a nice guy ask them what would they be willing to give to a nice guy? What do they have to offer besides sex? If you only want sex then you might as well go to a prostitute. Ask yourself, what value do these b*****s add to your life? Once you ask yourself that then you can say "NEXT" and move yourself on. Even if you got a chance with this sort of woman and you got to date her she's going to come with baggage. Just tell yourself "Free at Last! Free at Last! Thank God almighty I'm free at last!"

Don't try to figure these types of b*****s out. Just ditch them, move on and worry about s**t you can control. Set new goals for yourself. Maybe create a cool app. Watch a terminator flick. Learn a different language. Write a book. But, ditch the f*****g b*****s.

Fnord does give a lot of self-improvement advice. FOLLOW IT! He knows what he's talking about. But follow it to make your life more enriching not to deal with crazy b*****s which is what these b*****s who ask why can't they find a nice guy are. Ditch them! Ditch them! Ditch them! Ditch them! Ditch them! Ditch them!

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 8:30 pm

Well, that escalated quickly.