Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 5:29 am

what the folks who debunk astrology strictly on physical grounds [that the planets at their distances can't have any physical effect on our lives] ignore or are unaware of, is the fact that the fathers of astrology NEVER said any such thing in the first place, what they stated and continue to state is that the signs in the sky are just that, SIGNS that things have been known to happen in certain ways whenever such signs appeared in the past, when any particular sign happens to be ascendant on the eastern horizon at the time of a given person's birth time and location in the world.

TheOther
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jul 2019, 9:05 am

The problem with astrology is that it is entirely based on loose correlations that people feel like they have noticed over time. There is no causal mechanism provided, or even an inclination of an attempt to provide one.

As an aside, one of my teachers used to write horoscopes for a living. She says she literally just made them all up.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 10:13 am

My sister-in-law and I were born on the same day (different year) and are nothing alike so no, I don't believe there is a connection.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 10:35 am

MagicMeerkat wrote:
My sister-in-law and I were born on the same day (different year) and are nothing alike so no, I don't believe there is a connection.

Your natal charts will be different. The sun will be in the same position. Even with a difference of minutes the houses can change, especially the ascendant, which will make a real difference.

Even if your charts were identical, it's still the map you have to work with... what you do with it is entirely up to you.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame