12 • Girtab, the Scorpion 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
13 • Nirah, the Snake-Handler 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 28

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 3:41 pm

Fnord is bored again...

No reasoning, educated person whose faith lies wholly in the physical principles of a material universe would believe in Astrology.

So, with that being said, I'm looking for a correlation between the infidibular cytherean influxes and the predisposition toward Developmental Disorders.

Here is one version of the 13-month Babylonian zodiac, which we all know is just as valid as the 12-month Greco-Roman zodiac

Non-Leap Year:

1 • Pabilsag, the Guardian, DEC 22 to JAN 19 (29 days)
2 • Suhurmash, the Goat-Fish, JAN 20 to FEB 16 (28 days)
3 • Gula, the Sea-King, FEB 17 to MAR 16 (28 days)
4 • Simmah, the Fishes, MAR 17 to APR 13 (28 days)
5 • Lohun-Ga, the Laborer, APR 14 to MAY 11 (28 days)
6 • Gu-Anna, the Great Bull, MAY 12 to JUN 08 (28 days)
7 • Mashtaba, the Twins, JUN 09 to JUL 06 (28 days)
8 • Allul, the Crab, JUL 07 to AUG 03 (28 days)
9 • Urgula, the Lion, AUG 04 to AUG 31 (28 days)
10 • Absin, the Virgin, SEP 01 to SEP 28 (28 days)
11 • Ziba-Anna, The Scales, SEP 29 to OCT 26 (28 days)
12 • Girtab, the Scorpion, OCT 27 to NOV 23 (28 days)
13 • Nirah, the Snake-Handler, NOV 24 to DEC 21 (28 days)

Adjusted for Leap Year:

1 • Pabilsag, the Guardian, DEC 22 to JAN 19 (29 days)
2 • Suhurmash, the Goat-Fish, JAN 20 to FEB 16 (28 days)
3 • Gula, the Sea-King, FEB 17 to MAR 15 (28 days)
4 • Simmah, the Fishes, MAR 16 to APR 12 (28 days)
5 • Lohun-Ga, the Laborer, APR 13 to MAY 10 (28 days)
6 • Gu-Anna, the Great Bull, MAY 11 to JUN 07 (28 days)
7 • Mashtaba, the Twins, JUN 08 to JUL 06 (29 days)
8 • Allul, the Crab, JUL 07 to AUG 03 (28 days)
9 • Urgula, the Lion, AUG 04 to AUG 31 (28 days)
10 • Absin, the Virgin, SEP 01 to SEP 28 (28 days)
11 • Ziba-Anna, The Scales, SEP 29 to OCT 26 (28 days)
12 • Girtab, the Scorpion, OCT 27 to NOV 23 (28 days)
13 • Nirah, the Snake-Handler, NOV 24 to DEC 21 (28 days)

If you have an ASD, an ADD, a PhD, or know someone named Deedee, please select one of the months listed for your birth-month in the above poll. Results will be determined later, at an indefinite date and time. Thank you!

glebel1
Raven
Raven

25 Jun 2018, 4:05 pm

I was hoping that I was born in Gu-Anna, seeing as how I was born under the sign of bull in both Greco-Roman and Chinese astrology. Do you suppose that this would lead to too much bull?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 4:41 pm

glebel1 wrote:
I was hoping that I was born in Gu-Anna, seeing as how I was born under the sign of bull in both Greco-Roman and Chinese astrology. Do you suppose that this would lead to too much bull?
I think that no matter which astrological sign you were born under, there would be too much bull involved.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jun 2018, 8:46 am

12 • Girtab, the Scorpion

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 8:52 am

glebel1 wrote:
You are very creative, and have tried different avenues to utilize that ability. It may not be that you specifically, say, paint; it may be that your creativity shows itself in more subtle ways, but you will certainly find yourself having vivid and well-formed ideas which others will find hard to grasp. You set high standards for yourself, though, and in many ways are a bit of a perfectionist. The problem is, though, that it means you often do not get stuff done, because you are frustrated by the idea of mediocrity and are wearied by the idea of starting something afresh. However, once your brain is engaged you will find yourself sailing. Very much this will likely lead to you having considered writing a novel or some such, but a fear that you wo not be able to achieve quite what you want stops you from getting on with it. But you have a real vision for things, which others fall short of. Particularly in your academic/college situation, you are currently fighting against restraints upon your desire to express yourself freely.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 8:53 am

nick007 wrote:
12 • Girtab, the Scorpion
Your relationship with your parents (there is a suggestion that one is no longer around, or at least emotionally absent) is under some strain. You wish to remain fond of them but recent issues are causing frustration – from your side far more than theirs. In fact they seem unaware of your thoughts on the matter. Partly this is because there are ways in which you have been made to feel isolated from certain groups in the past – something of an outsider. Now what is happening is that you are taking that outsider role and defending it to the point of consciously avoiding being part of a group. This will serve you well in your creative and career pursuits. You have an enormous cynicism towards those who prefer to be part of a group or who exhibit any cliquey behavior, and you always feel a pang of disappointment when you see your ‘close' friends seeming to follow that route. Deep down it feels like rejection.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 4:45 am

Urgula, it would seem.

Tanker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jun 2018, 4:42 pm

Defender. much better than the other thing. seems like the rsults so far are all over the place :P

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 10:13 am

I'm bumping this thread to provide more information on the 13th Zodiac Sign.

According to NASA, here is what happened.

The world has changed really fast and 3,000 years ago, what passed for astronomers didn't totally understand how the Earth, Sun and Starts move. The discoveries of recent centuries has showed that the earth is vast and as such the 12-month calendar (based on the phases of the moon) developed by the Babylonians by dividing the sky into 12 equal parts from looking at 12 distinct constellations by which the sun travels over the course of a year never really held true.

The radical change is due to the fact that the sky today is extremely different from what it used to be thousands of year ago and the Earth’s axis no longer points in the same direction (due to its precession). The Babylonians intentionally left out Ophiuchus (the "Snake Bearer") in order to make a tidier match with their then-current 12-month calendar, deliberately ignoring the fact that the sun actually moves through 13 constellations instead of only 12.

NASA decided to do the math and here are the 13 Zodiac signs. Their start and end dates are as follows:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 to Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 to Mar. 11
Pisces: Mar. 11 to Apr. 18
Aries: Apr. 18 to May 13
Taurus: May 13 to Jun. 21
Gemini: Jun. 21 to Jul. 20
Cancer: Jul. 20 to Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10 to Sep. 16
Virgo: Sep. 16 to Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30 to Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23 to Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 to Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17 to Jan. 20

The constellation of Ophiuchus, situated between Scorpius and Sagittarius, looks something like this:

The Babylonians lived over 3,000 years ago. They divided the zodiac into 12 equal parts. They picked 12 constellations in the zodiac, one for each of the 12 divisions. So, as Earth orbits the Sun, the Sun would appear to pass through each of the 12 parts of their zodiac. Since the Babylonians already had a 12-month calendar (based on the phases of the Moon), each month got a slice of the zodiac all to itself.

But even according to the Babylonians' own ancient stories, there were 13 constellations in the zodiac (Other cultures and traditions have recognized as many as 24 constellations in the zodiac.). So the Babylonians picked one, Ophiuchus, to leave out. Even then, some of the chosen 12 didn't fit neatly into their assigned slice of the pie and slopped over into the next one.

When the Babylonians first invented the 12 signs of zodiac, a birthday between about July 23 and August 22 meant being born under the constellation Leo. Now, 3,000 years later, the sky has shifted because Earth's axis (North Pole) doesn't point in quite the same direction.

So the traditional Babylonian zodiac was arbitrarily designed from the very beginning and omitted 7.7 percent of its data merely for the sake of convenience! This is the zodiac that is still in use today.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2019, 10:43 am

April 26. I am The Laborer I guess? :)

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 10:51 am

I've never seen this thread, very witty of you :lol:

It seems I'm a Guardian in this... system :P

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 10:52 am

TheCherokeeRosePrince wrote:
The Laborer (or Hired Man), the Ram, the Whale (or Cetacean) ... whichever you think is most appropriate.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2019, 10:55 am

Fnord wrote:
TheCherokeeRosePrince wrote:
The Laborer (or Hired Man), the Ram, the Whale (or Cetacean) ... whichever you think is most appropriate.

In the Tarot Birth Cards I am The Emperor, he sits on a throne mounted with symbols of The Ram.

In Cartomancy my birth card is the 8 of Clubs. Clubs represent the Laborer Class (Hearts are The Chaplain Class, Diamonds are The Merchant Class, and Spades are The Warrior Class).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 10:56 am

BenderRodriguez wrote:
... It seems I'm a Guardian in this... system.
The Babylonian system (and its variations) is just one of many used throughout the world. Some have 12 signs, some have 13, some 8, 16, or even 60 signs in their interpretation of the zodiac.

This leads to no one system of astrology being any more (or less) accurate than any other -- it's all a matter of subjective interpretation.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2019, 11:00 am

My birth cards. See the ram on the throne of The Emperor? :)

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 11:02 am

Fnord wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
... It seems I'm a Guardian in this... system.
The Babylonian system (and its variations) is just one of many used throughout the world. Some have 12 signs, some have 13, some 8, 16, or even 60 signs in their interpretation of the zodiac.

This leads to no one system of astrology being any more (or less) accurate than any other -- it's all a matter of subjective interpretation.

I meant I don't believe in this kind of thing but I find it entertaining. Judging from this and other threads you have some solid knowledge on the subject, which makes it even more entertaining.