Oklahoma Has Now Legalized Medical Marijuana

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 12:35 pm

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/06/27/oklahoma-legalizes-medical-marijuana/23469040/

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 1:36 pm

I am totally surprised at this.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 5:19 pm

^^

How so?

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 4:56 pm

Oklahoma is a really conservative state. If THEY legalize medical marijuana - the rest of the country can't be far behind.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 6:14 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Oklahoma is a really conservative state. If THEY legalize medical marijuana - the rest of the country can't be far behind.

On the plus side, Gov. Fallin leaves office in 6 months, so that’s a plus.

The OK Panhandle borders Colorado, so people in Guymon, Boise City, etc can just drive across the border and smoke it recreationally.

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 29 Jun 2018, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 6:42 pm

BeaArthur wrote:

From what I have been told, most of the vote in favor was concentrated in the largest population centers and big college towns. Outside of those centers, the vote was mostly against.

One downside for many is that by federal law to get a permit for medical marijuana, you have to sell your firearms.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 10:31 pm

kokopelli wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:

From what I have been told, most of the vote in favor was concentrated in the largest population centers and big college towns. Outside of those centers, the vote was mostly against.

One downside for many is that by federal law to get a permit for medical marijuana, you have to sell your firearms.

Progress is always going to be slow and messy. Think about gay marriage. It seemed like it was taking a long time ... a few states legalized it ... and then suddenly, with one Supreme Court decision, it was the law of the land.

StarThrower
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jun 2018, 7:29 am

[/quote] One downside for many is that by federal law to get a permit for medical marijuana, you have to sell your firearms.[/quote]

Why is this ? Does anyone else find it odd that Federal authorities make a connection of violence to weed when virtually nobody else does ? Are they really saying that weed and guns are bad but Pharmaceutical drugs and guns are O K ? Why don't they remove guns , cars and heavy machinery from people on those drugs ? Haven't they read the possible side effects of the Pharmaceuticals ? It seems that many of them can cause psychotic behavior leading to gun violence . Weed has it's side effects but can you really envision a stoner robbing a convenience store with a gun because they had a bad case of the munchies ? Me neither .

Many people , including myself , feel that there is a strong connection of prescription drugs to gun violence / mass shootings , yet whenever there is a tragic shooting , there is absolutely no mention of whether the shooter was on them or not . If , on the other hand , authorities had found illegal drugs connected to the shooter , you can be sure that the media would waste little time to blame them . It seems like a glaring double standard to me . Think about it , if weed had a list of side effects , it would read something like : May cause drowsiness , creative thought , dry mouth , giggling and a desire to eat ice cream late at night . As opposed to : If suicidal thought persist , tell your doctor .

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2018, 11:37 pm

Minnesota Adds Autism, Sleep Apnea as Qualifying Conditions for Medical Marijuana

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2018, 9:57 am

Oklahoma leaves the doctors to decide which conditions can qualify for medical marijuana, there is no defined list, which is how it works in Canada and is the way it should be. They have one of the most liberal medical marijuana laws in the US. They are going to have recreational marijuana on the ballot this fall too.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2018, 12:38 pm

Noca wrote:
Oklahoma leaves the doctors to decide which conditions can qualify for medical marijuana, there is no defined list, which is how it works in Canada and is the way it should be. They have one of the most liberal medical marijuana laws in the US. They are going to have recreational marijuana on the ballot this fall too.

Any word on such referenda in OK's huge neighbor to the south? Wink Wink Nudge Nudge?