Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Pillar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2018, 5:05 pm

I have specific hobbies, yet I am frustrated I am unable to find people to share them!
I mean, I may know some NT's who may share the hobby, but other than that there are social factors which may make the hobby sharing something that cannot be done :(

I am both angry and sad about this because I am alone with my hobbies with no one to share them with
Mostly frustrated

Can anyone relate? And how do you manage to get over it?
I mean, I occupy myself with a hobby and find myself becoming angrier because I have no one to share it with
I am thinking of asking some NT's if they share the hobby, but since some of them may not have time I worry they may think I am a pushover

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 8:21 pm

Personally, I enjoy my hobbies more when I don't have to share. Your idea is probably better though. There are bound to be groups revolving around your favorite hobby, whether online or locally. If it's super-specific, it may be more difficult though.

Pillar wrote:
I am thinking of asking some NT's if they share the hobby, but since some of them may not have time I worry they may think I am a pushover

A pushover as in "easily influenced"? I'm not sure I understand.

Pillar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jun 2018, 4:20 am

Exuvian wrote:
Personally, I enjoy my hobbies more when I don't have to share. Your idea is probably better though. There are bound to be groups revolving around your favorite hobby, whether online or locally. If it's super-specific, it may be more difficult though.

Pillar wrote:

A pushover as in "easily influenced"? I'm not sure I understand.

It's because I have great passion for my hobbies. But a passion is nothing when it is not shared with others

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 8:51 am

I am fortunate to have hobbies that I can share with others. Since tennis is also an active pursuit, it gives me good exercise as well as opportunities for social interaction.

Pillar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jun 2018, 10:19 am

IstominFan wrote:
I am fortunate to have hobbies that I can share with others. Since tennis is also an active pursuit, it gives me good exercise as well as opportunities for social interaction.

Yes, sports is more easily shared than video games or any other specific hobbies
Good for you. However, I still want people to play The Sims 2 with me! :x

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 11:13 am

Pillar wrote:
IstominFan wrote:

Yes, sports is more easily shared than video games or any other specific hobbies
Good for you. However, I still want people to play The Sims 2 with me! :x

I just got the sims 2, my sister found it at a garage sale or something.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia