Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 6:58 pm

jeremy1069 wrote:
I'll be blatant and say diarrhea. I was on it for 10 years before it stopped working. I was always having random visits to the washroom. After I stopped taking it, those visits went away. I started again for a few months and the washroom visits returned. Stopped again and they're gone. So I'm pretty certain that was a side effect of the Zoloft. It's different with everybody.

Thanks for sharing! sorry to hear that you got diarrhoea from it,sorry for the late reply. I hate to say it too but i've had a bit of a bad tummy, whilst on it too but it did stop. Apart from sore and dry eyes for one day, haven't experienced much else touch wood. My eyes looked wide for one day, like an alien lol.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 9:25 am

I don't see where that stuff really does anything. My mom takes it and insists that it works but my boyfriend did have a fairly negative experience with it when he took it back in high school.

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 10:00 am

I am on 200mg and it works great for me. No side effects. I have been on it for around 7 years now.

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 4:41 pm

green0star wrote:
I don't see where that stuff really does anything. My mom takes it and insists that it works but my boyfriend did have a fairly negative experience with it when he took it back in high school.

Green0Star. Sorry for the late reply, i didn't get notified . I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend negative experience, i'd guess sertreline isn't for everyone but it sounded like your mum benefits from it.

@structrix
I'm so glad that it's working well for you , thank you for letting me know.200mg seems alot but i'd guess it isn't.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 9:46 am

sorrowfairiewhisper wrote:
green0star wrote:

Green0Star. Sorry for the late reply, i didn't get notified . I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend negative experience, i'd guess sertreline isn't for everyone but it sounded like your mum benefits from it.

Well he was taking Zoloft and respirdol(dunno how to spell it) or something like that. He said that it had him in a state like he was drugged out like a zombie and it made him gain a ton of weight because all he did was sleep and eat. My mom is just taking the Zoloft but maybe Zoloft and that other stuff together is a bad combination. My mom actually should be receiving counseling because when my boyfriend was taking all that he had to do therapy every week because he was on very strong stuff. My mom has never received counseling or any kinda therapy and just takes the meds and feel that's fine enough.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 10:20 am

green0star wrote:
green0star wrote:

Well he was taking Zoloft and respirdol(dunno how to spell it) or something like that. He said that it had him in a state like he was drugged out like a zombie and it made him gain a ton of weight because all he did was sleep and eat. My mom is just taking the Zoloft but maybe Zoloft and that other stuff together is a bad combination. My mom actually should be receiving counseling because when my boyfriend was taking all that he had to do therapy every week because he was on very strong stuff. My mom has never received counseling or any kinda therapy and just takes the meds and feel that's fine enough.

I was on Zoloft and Risperdal at different times. Zoloft put me into dissociation and I had always bad stomach from it. Risperdal made me zombie like, all I did was eat and sleep just like you described your boyfriend's experience.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 6:55 pm

green0star wrote:
green0star wrote:

I knew what you meant. I'm sorry to hear that! that's the last thing your boyfriend wanted, as it is, depression can lead to one being unmotivated and tired out, you don't want anti depressants to do the same. I hope the counselling helps your mum and she'll eventually be weened off Zoloft. Glad they're doing well now.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 7:02 pm

green0star wrote:
green0star wrote:

I knew what you meant. I'm sorry to hear that! that's the last thing your boyfriend wanted, as it is, depression can lead to one being unmotivated and tired out, you don't want anti depressants to do the same. I hope the counselling helps your mum and she'll eventually be weened off Zoloft. Glad they're doing well now.

@komamanga
Sorry to hear that it made you feel zombie like and gave you a bad tummy too. Zoloft isn't for everyone and also, i'd guess the different strengths can affect people differently.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2019, 10:06 pm

Since my last post, I was transitioning from 50mg to 75mg now i'm on 100mg

Hope everyone is feeling good.

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2019, 11:47 am

I take Zoloft for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. I'm currently on 150mg but my doctor wants to increase it because it isn't working. OCD requires very high doses of SSRIs. I haven't had any side effects that I have noticed. I know someone on 50mg for depression and anxiety and she is a lot better now.