Just because you're single doesn't mean you're loveless.

Page 11 of 13 [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 4:11 am

goldfish21 wrote:
As I said, so many here are focused on everything but the love they have in their lives that they miss it completely.

And I think you're ignoring the serious self-esteem issues that develop from being sexually invisible. It's easy for you to say how good being single is when you have bragged over and over about how easy it is for you to get people attracted to you. There are some of us who simply cannot get that. And when it's pretty much everywhere all around us, and we're constantly ridiculed by society, either directly or indirectly, then it hurts.

The people who complain about being single around here aren't so much upset that they're single right now as such that they have the entire romantic/sexual aspect of life shut off from them completely. It sucks.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 5:08 am

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
"to come from" is synonymous with "to originate"

Look, it is very common on incel and MRA forums. I know you have a problem with me personally, but you can't deny the truth of something just because I said it and you don't like me.

i couldn't care less about stuff you write :lol:

This is very obviously not true, and you have demonstrated it in your strong negative reaction to me, even stooping to calling me "disgusting" once.

:lol:

that's very humorous. where have i called you disgusting?

In the thread you had to step away from because you admittedly couldn't stop yourself from personally attacking me for questioning Sly's decision to make a thread containing a photo and personal information from a woman's dating profile. Don't act like you don't remember that happening, and the other moderators disagreeing with your interpretation of my concern with the posting of the woman's photo and info without her permission or knowledge and your need to step away from the thread because you were personally disgusted with me and couldn't stop yourself from breaking the rules otherwise, as you yourself said in the thread.

nope, i never said that. show me the post where i said it.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 12:22 pm

cberg wrote:
I'd say limiting others' resposes to you by shaming people towards complying with your internet cult ideology using hate speech is fascist but what do soy boys know?

I mean apart from how not to be picky eaters. I just said I'm not here to shame you because you're already acting shamefully.

This is extermely stupid and makes no sense whatsoever, you were the first here to insult me and use personal attacks (and have done it without interruptions for like 5 pages now) for a legitimate opinion I expressed, and even refused to back up your s**t with actual argumentations. Moreover I said many times that you are free to do whatever you like, unless you attack me for not sticking to your philosophy. You were not just complaining, you very vocally attacked me personally. That my own ideology is wrong and that I am part of some internet cult is yet to be demonstrated. As a matter of fact I am a member of no such internet communities and many of the things I say are in contrast with what they say.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 1:08 pm

All hail king threadkiller? Dude when did I ever say a word to you? It's the wild wooly internet, suck it up.

My philosophy is MINE and you have nothing to do with it, you can't demonstrably keep up.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 1:13 pm

cberg wrote:
All hail king threadkiller? Dude when did I ever say a word to you? It's the wild wooly internet, suck it up.

My philosophy is MINE and you have nothing to do with it, you can't demonstrably keep up.

reported again

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 1:14 pm

Booyakasha wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
"to come from" is synonymous with "to originate"

Look, it is very common on incel and MRA forums. I know you have a problem with me personally, but you can't deny the truth of something just because I said it and you don't like me.

i couldn't care less about stuff you write :lol:

This is very obviously not true, and you have demonstrated it in your strong negative reaction to me, even stooping to calling me "disgusting" once.

that's very humorous. where have i called you disgusting?

In the thread you had to step away from because you admittedly couldn't stop yourself from personally attacking me for questioning Sly's decision to make a thread containing a photo and personal information from a woman's dating profile. Don't act like you don't remember that happening, and the other moderators disagreeing with your interpretation of my concern with the posting of the woman's photo and info without her permission or knowledge and your need to step away from the thread because you were personally disgusted with me and couldn't stop yourself from breaking the rules otherwise, as you yourself said in the thread.

nope, i never said that. show me the post where i said it.

in fact i'm reporting you for defamation since i never said to any member here "you disgust me"

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 1:18 pm

Both your posts are 100% off topic, I'm still here because I hope the thread gets stickied. Gang up on me & I'm the bad guy? More black & white thinking right there.

Obviously I'm a convinient target for your animosity, too bad for you that only amuses me. You won't see this guy making conjectures about your sex life in public, I know that much. Enjoying your witch hunt? I know I am.

Last edited by cberg on 04 Jul 2018, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 1:21 pm

cberg wrote:

Both your posts are 100% off topic, I'm still here because I hope the thread gets stickied.

Obviously I'm a convinient target for your animosity, too bad for you that only amuses me.

i wonder how come i and peacesells get reported by the same member, while you don't get reported for your harassment.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 1:26 pm

Because I'm just a disembodied stereotype with no balls where you two are concerned? None of that means anything.

I thought this thread was about appreciating people so that's where I'd rather steer it.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 1:37 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
As I said, so many here are focused on everything but the love they have in their lives that they miss it completely.

And I think you're ignoring the serious self-esteem issues that develop from being sexually invisible. It's easy for you to say how good being single is when you have bragged over and over about how easy it is for you to get people attracted to you. There are some of us who simply cannot get that. And when it's pretty much everywhere all around us, and we're constantly ridiculed by society, either directly or indirectly, then it hurts.

The people who complain about being single around here aren't so much upset that they're single right now as such that they have the entire romantic/sexual aspect of life shut off from them completely. It sucks.

And, so back to the topic.

I think this post hits the nail on the head.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 1:41 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

You have a valid point.

The only time in my life I felt that sort of pressure was when I was 16/17 in high school & not dating or getting laid. (although my first sexual experience was at 12, so it's not as if I had never done anything at all, even by then in high school) But yeah, that time was.. very stressful - especially with teenaged hormones creating the feeling that one MUST get laid, and then being frustrated that it was easy peasy for friends to have significant others and do their thing etc while I'm left behind to be frustrated. (although, a couple sexual things happened during high school now that my memory recalls them) It would be quite some time after high school until I was very sexually active, and that period wasn't so bad at all, not nearly as bad as being In high school surrounded by others who were getting laid. (although, probably fewer were getting laid than I assumed tbh, it was more likely just my internal thoughts and stresses)

But, knowing what I know now, and knowing there's been extended periods where I haven't had a sex drive and thus didn't bother having sex (different than wanting it and not getting it, I realize) and having more life experience.. I'm more of the mindset of one of my high school friends back then who said "It's just sex." As in, "So what? Who cares? It's a thing. It happens. People enjoy it. BUT, it's not everything." Easy for someone to say who's having sex vs. someone who isn't, but Truly, I now see his point. Once you've passed that point of virginity stress/pressure, and especially if you've had a lot of sex whether with one significant other or multiple partners, while it's still sex and still a very pleasurable human experience, it just becomes.. not something that you put up on on such a pedestal anymore. It's not THAT big of deal anymore and you're way better able to focus on other things in life worthy of your time & energy, whether that's a special interest or hobby or volunteer work or sports or whatever - there's PLENTY more to life than sex. I know, I know, easier said than done for the mindset of someone who is involuntarily celibate.. but if there is one thing I could teach someone who is involuntarily celibate to do if I were able, it would be that. So that they could genuinely enjoy themselves and their lives w/o the nagging feeling that they want to get laid but can't seem to pull it off.

Aside: more of an adult forum topic, but one way I'd attempt to facilitate that in myself if I had to would be to trip balls on the safest recreational drug on the planet.. magic mushrooms, as they're a bit of a ctrl+alt+del reboot for the brain and allow you to rise above recurring thoughts and open your mind to different possibilities. No, I have not heard of one single case of an involuntarily celibate person using magic mushrooms to assist in overcoming their related anxieties or mental blocks, however, magic mushrooms have been proven in medical studies to help cancer patients overcome death anxiety (which is why I want to have a drug talk with my father and recommend that he do them, so that he can move passed those fears and live a happier life for the rest of his life) and from personal experience I can tell you that of any recreational drug that may help do the trick, while remaining very safe, they would be my go-to recommendation. To each their own, but knowing what I know about them, I'd give that a shot. Worst case scenario is that someone has a fun trip & it doesn't influence any major change on their thinking about sex. Best case is that they have a fun trip And it improves their perspective on being involuntarily celibate and they're better able to enjoy other parts of life for quite some time before those thoughts creep back up again - kind of like people who suffer from cluster headaches use them to keep those headaches at bay for months at a time.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 1:44 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

You have a valid point.

The only time in my life I felt that sort of pressure was when I was 16/17 in high school & not dating or getting laid. (although my first sexual experience was at 12, so it's not as if I had never done anything at all, even by then in high school) But yeah, that time was.. very stressful - especially with teenaged hormones creating the feeling that one MUST get laid, and then being frustrated that it was easy peasy for friends to have significant others and do their thing etc while I'm left behind to be frustrated. (although, a couple sexual things happened during high school now that my memory recalls them) It would be quite some time after high school until I was very sexually active, and that period wasn't so bad at all, not nearly as bad as being In high school surrounded by others who were getting laid. (although, probably fewer were getting laid than I assumed tbh, it was more likely just my internal thoughts and stresses)

But, knowing what I know now, and knowing there's been extended periods where I haven't had a sex drive and thus didn't bother having sex (different than wanting it and not getting it, I realize) and having more life experience.. I'm more of the mindset of one of my high school friends back then who said "It's just sex." As in, "So what? Who cares? It's a thing. It happens. People enjoy it. BUT, it's not everything." Easy for someone to say who's having sex vs. someone who isn't, but Truly, I now see his point. Once you've passed that point of virginity stress/pressure, and especially if you've had a lot of sex whether with one significant other or multiple partners, while it's still sex and still a very pleasurable human experience, it just becomes.. not something that you put up on on such a pedestal anymore. It's not THAT big of deal anymore and you're way better able to focus on other things in life worthy of your time & energy, whether that's a special interest or hobby or volunteer work or sports or whatever - there's PLENTY more to life than sex. I know, I know, easier said than done for the mindset of someone who is involuntarily celibate.. but if there is one thing I could teach someone who is involuntarily celibate to do if I were able, it would be that. So that they could genuinely enjoy themselves and their lives w/o the nagging feeling that they want to get laid but can't seem to pull it off.

Aside: more of an adult forum topic, but one way I'd attempt to facilitate that in myself if I had to would be to trip balls on the safest recreational drug on the planet.. magic mushrooms, as they're a bit of a ctrl+alt+del reboot for the brain and allow you to rise above recurring thoughts and open your mind to different possibilities. No, I have not heard of one single case of an involuntarily celibate person using magic mushrooms to assist in overcoming their related anxieties or mental blocks, however, magic mushrooms have been proven in medical studies to help cancer patients overcome death anxiety (which is why I want to have a drug talk with my father and recommend that he do them, so that he can move passed those fears and live a happier life for the rest of his life) and from personal experience I can tell you that of any recreational drug that may help do the trick, while remaining very safe, they would be my go-to recommendation. To each their own, but knowing what I know about them, I'd give that a shot. Worst case scenario is that someone has a fun trip & it doesn't influence any major change on their thinking about sex. Best case is that they have a fun trip And it improves their perspective on being involuntarily celibate and they're better able to enjoy other parts of life for quite some time before those thoughts creep back up again - kind of like people who suffer from cluster headaches use them to keep those headaches at bay for months at a time.

that friend of mine that used mushrooms, never had a date in his life, he's now 35.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 1:49 pm

Ah but that's not what we're talking about. You might judge your friend over his differing interests but he's your friend anyway am I right?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 1:49 pm

Booyakasha wrote:
that friend of mine that used mushrooms, never had a date in his life, he's now 35.

If you're talking about me I've had plenty of dates/hookups, just never been in a relationship in my life.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 2:01 pm

cberg wrote:
All hail king threadkiller? Dude when did I ever say a word to you?/quote]
Like, the last 5 pages??? Are you trolling or what?
Quote:

As I said I don't care about your philosophy unless you try to impose it on others, then I might get a bit less tolerant.
cberg wrote:
Obviously I'm a convinient target for your animosity

Perhaps you didn't notice that you were the one who started the animosity.

I will not respond to any of your provocations anymore after this merely because I see that some nice people want to be back on thread, otherwise I'd have no problem going on calling out your bs for the next 50 years.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 2:04 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:

If you're talking about me I've had plenty of dates/hookups, just never been in a relationship in my life.

no, i don't even know your name :lol: i didn't know we were friends lol

some other friend :)