Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ammeavid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jun 2018, 3:22 pm

I'm very on and off on this site as I get super busy and forget about it for a while and then I come back every now and then, but I recently attended Girl's State which is a very important program for young women looking to have a role in government. While there, I ran for the delegation for Girl's Nation on the platform of creating a bill to fix the minimum requirements of the development of IEPs, so that schools on the national level will be forced to treat special needs students more like human beings. As someone on the spectrum who was only able to attend the program because my parents mainstreamed me instead of putting me in special education, this was very important to me, and I would assume important to all of you. I was 1 out of 2 delegates selected out of over 400 girls and I am glad to say I will be able to present my bill to Girl's Nation.

Girl's Nation is a very important program where I will be able to meet many of our country's representatives on the federal level, including the president himself. I will be able to talk one on one with many of them and I was curious what messages you all think would be important to bring to the attention of our representatives?

I really want to use my voice to help the community overall, so please let me know what you think. Thank you. :D

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2018, 2:04 am

Keep up the good work.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ammeavid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jun 2018, 7:47 am

Thank you!!