Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Apr 2016
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,164
Location: surrounded by cats

30 Jun 2018, 2:30 pm

People get on my nerves at Walmart. They drive like morons in the parking lot. They clog up the aisles in the store because they can't make up their minds about what they want. The lines are so damn long and cramped. Some people can't keep their kids under control in the store. Do people get on your nerves at Walmart?



Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,353

30 Jun 2018, 2:32 pm

Yep. I hate going to Walmart. I get sensory overload while I’m there, and people get on my nerves.

With that being said, I probably go there at least twice a week. LOL



SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2017
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 887
Location: Canada

30 Jun 2018, 2:39 pm

This is funny. I literally just put a post in the "How well do you do in crowds especially disorganised crowds?" thread that could just as easily fit into this thread.

In that post, I used grocery shopping as an example and essentially said that, while I'm capable of functioning in a store with big crowds, it's not something I enjoy and I definitely prefer to do my grocery shopping in a smaller, less crowded store.

Technically not about Walmart, but I think the same thing applies.

Full post here:
viewtopic.php?t=365736&p=7941932#p7941932


_________________
Level 1 Autism Spectrum Disorder / Asperger's Syndrome.


ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Apr 2016
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,164
Location: surrounded by cats

30 Jun 2018, 2:50 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Yep. I hate going to Walmart. I get sensory overload while I’m there, and people get on my nerves.

With that being said, I probably go there at least twice a week. LOL


My sister and I take turns going to Walmart with our dad. I go with Dad every other Saturday.



ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Apr 2016
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,164
Location: surrounded by cats

30 Jun 2018, 2:55 pm

SplendidSnail wrote:
This is funny. I literally just put a post in the "How well do you do in crowds especially disorganised crowds?" thread that could just as easily fit into this thread.

In that post, I used grocery shopping as an example and essentially said that, while I'm capable of functioning in a store with big crowds, it's not something I enjoy and I definitely prefer to do my grocery shopping in a smaller, less crowded store.

Technically not about Walmart, but I think the same thing applies.

Full post here:
viewtopic.php?t=365736&p=7941932#p7941932


I prefer a smaller less crowded store too, but Walmart has the best prices in my area.



Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2017
Age: 66
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,749

30 Jun 2018, 3:45 pm

I am an old lady, over 60 now, and I remember VIVIDLY the pictures in my elementary school textbooks that contrasted the quality of life in the Soviet Union (back then) vs. the USA (mid-50s to mid-60s, this was).

One of the most commonly used comparisons was a photo of the USSR's state stores, called GUM (pronounced Goom), which basically stood for "Government Universal Store" in Russian, always next to a photo of a USA supermarket.

So in the Russian state store, there were few cashiers, the lines were long, the people looked poor and miserable, the checkout process took forever as forms were filled out for every purchase, store itself looked like a warehouse or an aircraft hangar. But in the USA supermarket! Bright lights, beautiful displays of merchandise, wide selection, and nicely dressed prosperous people in lines maybe two to three people long at most, with a whole row of checkout counters and every one staffed.

Fast forward to the present... whenever I go into Walmart, or Target, or pretty much anyplace, I look at the two clerks working at a row of ten counters, and the ten-cart-long lines, and everyone looking dour and sour, and the warehouse-style interiors; and I watch each checkout process take forever as everyone insists on paying with some card or other that takes forever to process (and often is declined); and I think: "zdrastvoy, Tovarischi!" (Greetings, Comrades!) Oops, that should be "Zdrastvitchye". But it was 40+ years ago that I studied Russian, and I Had An Ordeal earlier today, so hey :shrug: .

Yeah, we showed 'em, didn't we. 8O :| :(


_________________
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!


Last edited by Esmerelda Weatherwax on 30 Jun 2018, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Feb 2008
Age: 72
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,959
Location: Where the Great Plains meet the Northern Pines

30 Jun 2018, 3:56 pm

I boycott Walmart because they are so mean to everyone they deal with. If there is no alternative in a community, I offer the employees I deal with 15% of what I'm spending to use for Union dues or in-store charity.



jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2018
Age: 73
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,832
Location: Indiana

30 Jun 2018, 4:49 pm

I have little problem going to Walmart. I do not think the Walmart's in my area are overcrowded. Most isles are wide open and the prices are reasonable.


_________________
Author of Practical Preparations for a Coronavirus Pandemic.
A very unique plan. As Dr. Paul Thompson wrote, "This is the very best paper on the virus I have ever seen."


nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,661
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Jun 2018, 9:10 pm

I worked at CrapMart ofr over two years & all that stuff got on my nerves too. However things are like that at LOTS of other places too. It's NOT just a symptom of CrapMart.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill


"Hear all, trust nothing"

~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition


ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Apr 2016
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,164
Location: surrounded by cats

30 Jun 2018, 9:28 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
I am an old lady, over 60 now, and I remember VIVIDLY the pictures in my elementary school textbooks that contrasted the quality of life in the Soviet Union (back then) vs. the USA (mid-50s to mid-60s, this was).

One of the most commonly used comparisons was a photo of the USSR's state stores, called GUM (pronounced Goom), which basically stood for "Government Universal Store" in Russian, always next to a photo of a USA supermarket.

So in the Russian state store, there were few cashiers, the lines were long, the people looked poor and miserable, the checkout process took forever as forms were filled out for every purchase, store itself looked like a warehouse or an aircraft hangar. But in the USA supermarket! Bright lights, beautiful displays of merchandise, wide selection, and nicely dressed prosperous people in lines maybe two to three people long at most, with a whole row of checkout counters and every one staffed.

Fast forward to the present... whenever I go into Walmart, or Target, or pretty much anyplace, I look at the two clerks working at a row of ten counters, and the ten-cart-long lines, and everyone looking dour and sour, and the warehouse-style interiors; and I watch each checkout process take forever as everyone insists on paying with some card or other that takes forever to process (and often is declined); and I think: "zdrastvoy, Tovarischi!" (Greetings, Comrades!) Oops, that should be "Zdrastvitchye". But it was 40+ years ago that I studied Russian, and I Had An Ordeal earlier today, so hey :shrug: .

Yeah, we showed 'em, didn't we. 8O :| :(


My parish priests are from Poland and they are mind blown over the large selection of products and the amount of check out lines we have in American grocery stores because Poland was a communist country for much of their lives.



ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Apr 2016
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,164
Location: surrounded by cats

30 Jun 2018, 9:34 pm

Dear_one wrote:
I boycott Walmart because they are so mean to everyone they deal with. If there is no alternative in a community, I offer the employees I deal with 15% of what I'm spending to use for Union dues or in-store charity.


The Walmart employees are ok. I just wish Walmart would hire more people to keep the shelves stocked because they are always running out of stuff. I also wish more lines could be opened because sometimes the lines go all the way to the women's clothing section.



ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Apr 2016
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,164
Location: surrounded by cats

30 Jun 2018, 9:37 pm

jimmy m wrote:
I have little problem going to Walmart. I do not think the Walmart's in my area are overcrowded. Most isles are wide open and the prices are reasonable.


The prices are great, but the parking lot is always too crowded and people drive like idiots in the parking lot. I wish the parking lot could be bigger.



ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Apr 2016
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,164
Location: surrounded by cats

30 Jun 2018, 9:43 pm

nick007 wrote:
I worked at CrapMart ofr over two years & all that stuff got on my nerves too. However things are like that at LOTS of other places too. It's NOT just a symptom of CrapMart.


Lol at Crapmart. My family sometimes calls it Walfart. Our Publix stores are pretty crowded too as well as our Aldi's store. The winn Dixie by me house is a ghost town compared to the other stores in town because the produce is horrible and they never have enough lines open.



Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2017
Age: 66
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,749

30 Jun 2018, 11:24 pm

Around here there are folks who call it "Mall Wart"...


_________________
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!


ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Apr 2016
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,164
Location: surrounded by cats

01 Jul 2018, 3:51 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
Around here there are folks who call it "Mall Wart"...


Lol...good one



Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,698

01 Jul 2018, 3:57 pm

ladyelaine wrote:
People get on my nerves at Walmart. They drive like morons in the parking lot. They clog up the aisles in the store because they can't make up their minds about what they want. The lines are so damn long and cramped. Some people can't keep their kids under control in the store. Do people get on your nerves at Walmart?


I don't go to Walmart. I suppose I might if they were the only big box retailer around and I had no other shopping choices but I prefer to avoid Walmart. I prefer more upscale venues such as Target.