Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2018, 5:49 pm

This ought to be fun. Let's roll!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2018, 5:52 pm

I never met a woman who only wants a rich man.

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2018, 6:05 pm

Eh - there are plenty of them. If you've got the looks to be able to demand a guy with money, then sure why not? (I mean, as long as she's completely aware that he will trade her in for a newer model as soon as she's washed up.)

I don't really see anything wrong with it. It's mutual exploitation and both parties are getting something valuable out of it.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2018, 6:16 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
This ought to be fun. Let's roll!

Careful.

There be smudgens.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2018, 7:42 pm

I’m going to bet $5 it’s only going to take 10 posts before it’s filled with misogyny. :lol: :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2018, 7:50 pm

The following exchange did not involve J.P. Morgan. The actual source is a Craigslist exchange from October of 2007. It has since been removed. Snopes' website covers the meme that resulted from this exchange.

THE QUESTION

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I'm tired of beating around the bush. I'm a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I'm articulate and classy.

I'm not from New York. I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don't think I'm overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around 200 – 250. But that's where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won't get me to Central Park West. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she's not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

– Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics - bars, restaurants, gyms.

- What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won't hurt my feelings.

- Is there an age range I should be targeting (I'm 25)?

– Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east side so plain? I've seen really 'plain jane' boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I've seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What's the story there?

– Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows – lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

– How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY.

Please hold your insults – I'm putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I'm being up front about it. I wouldn't be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn't able to match them – in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

It's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 432279810

THE ANSWER

Dear Pers-431649184:

I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament.

Firstly, I'm not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here's how I see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a crappy business deal. Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity ... in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold ... hence the rub ... marriage. It doesn't make good business sense to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease. In case you think I'm being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It's as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful" as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K hasn't found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you're going about it the right way. Classic "pump and dump".

I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know.

I have to laugh every time I read this.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Jun 2018, 8:35 pm

I believe there's lots of women out there who try to get rich guys or at least guys who makes more than them & it's decent money. That said, it's NOT the case for all women. My girlfriend reached out to me & she knew I was disabled & on benefits. However she's disabled too & her SSI is alittle less than my SSDI but she has other benefits that I don't have.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2018, 4:40 am

The gold diggers must realize something: The golddigger is the most despised type of women by ALL men - by men of all shapes, sizes, cultures and ages; no man alive dreams to marry and love a gold digger.
This is an universal absolute consensus among the manosphere.

And those rich men who date/marry them do hate them too, like that rich man in fnord’s post who sees them as depreciating assets.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2018, 5:02 am

Some guys actually are desperate enough to try to love a gold digger.

Plenty of loser women (healthy adults who refuse to work because they think the world owes them something, and they’re lazy and entitled) date men with high salaries so they can be lazy. Gold diggery is a transaction. Sex is the currency, and a lot of men are pretty okay about earning all the money because she doesn’t want to get a job.

They get sex, so they go with it.

I’m not talking about a couple in love. You’d be surprised how many people are actually in this situation, although it doesn’t involve playboy bunny lookalikes.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2018, 5:20 am

Not my type.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2018, 2:36 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The gold diggers must realize something: The golddigger is the most despised type of women by ALL men - by men of all shapes, sizes, cultures and ages; no man alive dreams to marry and love a gold digger.

And those rich men who date/marry them do hate them too, like that rich man in fnord’s post who sees them as depreciating assets.

My aunt is a gold digger. She married a lawyer to fund her party lifestyle. She has had an endless string of retail and secretary type jobs. Her husband got her the last three jobs she has had. She is overweight and so is her husband. They both party constantly. Her husband has had two heart attacks already and they refuse to adopt a healthier lifestyle. Her husband is around 47 years old or so and she is almost 45. What does this guy see in my aunt?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2018, 2:57 pm

ladyelaine wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

My aunt is a gold digger. She married a lawyer to fund her party lifestyle. She has had an endless string of retail and secretary type jobs. Her husband got her the last three jobs she has had. She is overweight and so is her husband. They both party constantly. Her husband has had two heart attacks already and they refuse to adopt a healthier lifestyle. Her husband is around 47 years old or so and she is almost 45. What does this guy see in my aunt?

Quote:
What does this guy see in my aunt?

TheSpectrum, give her a hint.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2018, 5:10 pm

Good for them. I don't want them 8)

Where is the puke emoticon? :eew:

:mrgreen:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Jul 2018, 5:39 pm

I don't really have a problem as long as it's working for both of them. I wouldn't want a woman like this thou but I'd much rather her than being alone :arrow:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2018, 6:28 pm

In my experience the majority of women don't only want rich men.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 12:58 am

Most want a middle class man, I’m sure lots would accept a rich man if one came along over middle class, but most won’t even consider poor men dateable.