Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2018, 4:13 pm

Boys and men can be really mean to each other too. My brother dealt with mean boys when he was a kid. Some of his former friends accused him of doing things that he didn't do. One boy made fun of me and my sister just to tick off my brother. My brother beat that kid up because he wouldn't stop. Other boys would try to start fights with him on the way home from school and try to take his stuff. My dad was bullied as a kid and he still gets bullied by other men. Other boys called him names and wouldn't play with him. Men were nasty to him when he was unemployed. Men have screwed him over on the job too.

Did any of you experience bullying from boys or men?

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2018, 4:17 pm

Most people are sh!tty.....hahaha too bad the world isn't like Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2018, 5:08 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
Most people are sh!tty.....hahaha too bad the world isn't like Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

Yep. The world is a sh***y place unfortunately.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2018, 6:09 pm

The worst part is that the weakest are made into victims, and the victims are expected to remain vicitms forever. Even if a victim fights back, the others will gang up the victim and give him such a beating that he will never stand up for himself again. At every opportunity, a victim receives another reminder of his lowly status — an almost daily beating.

And this is in grade school!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 11:07 am

I have known quite a few mean boys or men who were diagnosed with Asperger's who appear to have low self-esteem and insecurity about themselves because they aren't where they want to be due to life letting them down along with wy. However, they are mean because they still have a bit of pride and an ego that won't let them move on. So they seem to displace their anger and frustration onto others.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Jul 2018, 2:58 pm

I was bullied a lot by other boys when I was in elementary skewl. They would fight me physically & then blame it on me so I'd get in trouble. They would also say other lies about me to get me in trouble. I was bullied by some girls too but their bullying was more mild. Instead of beating me up, the girls would just poke me or suddenly hit me & then run off. They also did lie when they were confronted about it by an adult but they wouldn't just make up a lie to get me in trouble like the boys would. The girls would insult me more thou.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 10:44 pm

As species evolved some animals (for example primates) began to exhibit social traits. Social animals in a hierarchic community have been observed exhibiting the following structure:

The highest-ranking individual is sometimes designated as the Alpha Male. Alpha animals usually gain preferential access to food and other desirable items or activities. Alphas may achieve their status by superior physical strength and aggression. The individual with alpha status sometimes changes, often through a fight between the dominant and a subordinate animal. These fights are often to the death, depending on the animal.

Beta Male animals often act as second-in-command to the reigning alpha. They will replace a dead or unfit alpha and become the next alpha.

Omega Males are referred to as the lowest caste of the hierarchical society. Omega animals are subordinate to all others in the community, and are expected by others in the group to remain submissive to everyone. Omega animals may also be used as communal scapegoats or outlets for frustration, or given the lowest priority when food is distributed.

This structure is also exhibited in tribes of humans. Humans form into societal groups called gangs. A gang is led by an Alpha Male (otherwise known as the bully) and his lieutenants, Beta Males. Generally this tribe encompasses the entire school class because the other members of the tribe participate as soldiers in the gang or as silent eyewitnesses. The leadership of the gang is determined by brute force. An Aspie fills the role of an Omega Male, a communal scapegoat or outlet of frustration.

One of the interesting observations about school bullying is that generally for males it peaks in the Junior High School years. What makes the timing of that phase interesting and special? It is because males are transitioning into puberty at that age. For females school bullying peaks around the High School years.

In primates, Alpha Males often gain preferential access to sex or mates and as a result to reproduction and offspring. In humans, this bullying is part of thinning out the herd just prior to the mating age. It either mentally cripples males for the rest of their life or causes them to become loners and leave the tribe.

Once abuse and torture enters the picture, do not expect the child to advance any further along the stages of natural childhood development. As a result they are separated from their tribe, shunned and abandoned. Once you drive a turtle back into its shell in fear, don’t expect it to come out anytime soon. Aspies exhibit paralyzing fear, afraid of sticking their head out of their shell, because they don’t know what they did wrong to have their peer group turn on them, even their best friends, with great meanness pushing them out of their tribe.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2018, 9:29 am

That's a good explanation, Jimmy.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2018, 10:14 am

Jimmy gets it while others sit in denial.