Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

pete413
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Sep 2018, 10:26 am

I more dread the physical feelings of getting older. The aches & pains. I can't eat as much as I used to, everything disagrees with me now. And teeth, they do not get better as we age, I miss peanuts.
I have had increasing back problems since I entered my 40's. Moving around is not as fun as it used to be. And carpal has really ruined my gaming fun.

And, yes, I am concerned about my appearance too. When I'm in a more 'up' mood.
As a guy, I'm just happy my hair is staying on my head, it's totally grey, but at least I have a full head.
So, I went for the long hair option. Actually, for autistic reasons, I get anxious about when the hair stylist asks me how I want my hair, do I just stopped going. Shoulder length now. Gotta love those ASD social skills :P

But really it is about not being able to move so easy anymore, and other age related health stuff.
I'm not looking forward to more as the years go on. I already have chronic fatigue, I just don't have it in me to do all the extra work necessary to "stay healthy". At some point it seems futile and I'll just be feeding a medical industry.

Not to mention being the very definition of "gross"....."old man", consistently in media held up as the prime "ewwww"

Well, hopefully all these cigarettes will kick in and I will be out of this life.

I don't like getting old either.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 10:56 am

I spent the weekend with someone from NoCal, who couldn't figure out my age, even though I have salt and pepper hair. He thought I was somewhere north of 40, but couldn't pin it down any closer than that.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 11:11 am

When I hit 55, I actually had enough friends for a party, so I invited them. They hadn't heard which birthday I was celebrating, though, so they had to guess. The cake had four candles, because at least they were sure of the decade. :-) I didn't notice any aging in my 50s, but then it kicked in. I eat health food, but now that I'm not bicycle commuting, I really need to ride anyway, or everything gets harder. I need to stretch and do some strength training, too.
There's a nasty positive feedback loop going here - if you don't exercise, you get depressed, and ever less inclined or even able to exercise. That's why it is good to live with many stairs, wood heat, or other forced daily exercise. I wish I'd taken better care of my teeth.