Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 6:34 pm

Im terrified of getting older. I wanna stay as cool as I can be. I see hot older ladies in sun dresses with shiny sandals and a decent tan. Ill never be that kind of older woman. But Ill try my best. Sometimes I see a cool elderly person. A kind of old hippy. Most old people just look old. But every once in a while you see a cool looking one. I wanna be like that when Im old. Did I mention Im terrified of getting old?

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 6:39 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
Im terrified of getting older. I wanna stay as cool as I can be. I see hot older ladies in sun dresses with shiny sandals and a decent tan. Ill never be that kind of older woman. But Ill try my best. Sometimes I see a cool elderly person. A kind of old hippy. Most old people just look old. But every once in a while you see a cool looking one. I wanna be like that when Im old. Did I mention Im terrified of getting old?

I think you posted this in the wrong board, but I wish to reassure you that past an age, the beauty of your character is what will shine. The looks part is what you focus on now. It's not what you'll focus on then.

glebel1
Raven
Raven

04 Jul 2018, 7:30 pm

Age is a matter of attitude, not of time.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 8:30 pm

Why can't you be a cool looking older lady? If you believe it, you can achieve it. Just avoid the "old lady with really short hair" look and you should be okay.

Also, one great benefit, we have a tendency to look a lot younger than we really are, so you'll likely have that going for you ;)

I already dress and act like an old man, so I have a feeling that it can't get much worse for me. I sure as heck already have the gray hair for it, and I'm sure I'll be needing a cane before too long.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 9:09 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Just avoid the "old lady with really short hair" look and you should be okay.

Disagree.

I know: many hetero men prefer women with long hair, but some humans look attractive with really short hair or even shaved heads. Plus it feels awesome.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 3:42 pm

Some girls do look good with short or shaved hair, but there's a very specific "old lady" look that I have in mind >_<

I don't know if I can find pictures online, but I see a lot of people in person that have this style.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 6:08 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Some girls do look good with short or shaved hair, but there's a very specific "old lady" look that I have in mind >_<

I don't know if I can find pictures online, but I see a lot of people in person that have this style.

Ok then :) I think I know what you’re talking about: the short haircut + perm combo :lol: My grandmas both favor(ed) this style. Bless their :heart: :heart:

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2018, 2:03 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
Sarahsmith wrote:

I think you posted this in the wrong board, but I wish to reassure you that past an age, the beauty of your character is what will shine. The looks part is what you focus on now. It's not what you'll focus on then.

Most grandmas would like to have a young body again I think. I think I would be a happy grandma if I didnt s**t myself. But I think I will because it has happened to me before because I have weakend my body after attempting suicide.

Im also afraid of blood clots because they can happen when your old. If it wasnt for these things I think I would be a happy grandma.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2018, 2:19 pm

I try to take good care of myself so my health still be good when I'm older.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2018, 7:44 pm

I am not afraid of getting old. In a sense I am already old. But deep inside me is a boy of 4 or 5 years old. A very inquisitive bright eyed boy who loves adventure and marvels at the wonders of life. He has not changed.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 12:06 pm

Hopefully everything will work out.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 3:19 pm

Yes, blood clots are no good.

I know, generally speaking, you're less likely to get blood clots if you keep your body moving. When I was in the hospital, they would have me bend my arms a lot, and take walks, even if they were short ones.

They also had these compression sleeve-type things for my legs, that would inflate and deflate, because I was lying in bed for most of my stay. They were mostly just preventative.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 12:02 pm

I don't know anyone who tries to create "a look." My attractive contemporaries are the ones who stay fit and have found themselves.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 12:29 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:

I didn't mind getting a little older as far as looking older goes. People respect me more.
I would prefer to have the health, vitality and mindset of my younger days though.

If you want to prevent yourself from looking old, prevent your skin and hair from becoming damaged. I live in a warm, sunny climate and it's not uncommon for women to wear tank tops and sleevless tops and most put sunscreen on their face bu neglect their arms and chest. By the time they are in their 30s, if they are light skinned, that skin is spotchy and sun damaged. Being in Canada you probably don't have to worry about that...most light skinned Canadians seem to have much less damaged skin than light skinned individuals from sunnier, higher UV areas, but the women here also tend to blow dry and straighten and curl their hair and try to give it volume and that makes them look look old from behind.

I once metca lady though who had the hairvof a teenager or 20 year old but was in her 70s. I didn't ask how she managed it but I imagine she avoided exposing it to heat and used a good shampoo and conditioner and possibly oiled it on occasion. It also appeared she had it recently colored and styled and whoever did it did a good job.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 1:07 pm

2 Shampoo + 1 Conditioner = 1 Shampoo

ilovehumanitybuthatepeople
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Aug 2018, 6:00 pm

I take care of myself. I did a fitness competition this year and I will again next year. I plan to keep doing them as long as I can. I saw a 70 year old man at the last competition.

I will challenge ageism instead of succumbing to it.

Sure there’s biology that has to be accepted and respected.

I swear when I hear girlfriends complain. I’m like “girl it’s all in your head”