Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 6:53 pm

I speak some Arabic (Intermediate level) and wonder if other people here also learn Arabic. I've been practicing for about 2-3 years, One of my hobbies.

صار لي بحكي عربي عامية شبة سنتين. لساتي عندي صعبات مع كلمات الي بعرفش وبناء الجملة, بس في شكل عام انا مدبر لحالي بالكلامي وخصوصا بالكتابة
(مع ذلك اوقات بعمل غلطات بالحروف).

I also speak English and Hebrew. I love Semitic languages, I also have a friend whom I talk to regularly on Whatsapp etc., he is Syrian living in the UK. He speaks Aramaic which is IMO a fascinating language, although I find no real practical reason to learn it because like Latin it's studied mainly for research purposes and is not useful for conversation at all.

P.S For some reason languages written from right to left don't align well, not sure how to fix it

نهاركو سعيد يا جماعة
יום טוב חברים
G'day mates

ethan14070
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Oct 2018, 4:29 pm

مرحبا! أنا كمان بدرس اللغة العربية واللهجة المصرية

This is my first time and first post on this forums, even though I've heard about it here and there. I also happen to have an enormous interest in foreign languages, so ربما إحنا ممكن نتعلم أكتر, haha.

مع السلامة!

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2018, 4:50 pm

Have either of you travelled to an Arabic speaking country?

ethan14070
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2018, 2:20 pm

domineekee wrote:
Have either of you travelled to an Arabic speaking country?

No, never.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2018, 2:28 pm

@Ethan

اه, انا شايف ايتان

بستعمل باللهجة الشامية (يعني سوريا) بس انا متاكد نلقى حل
طريق فيها نفهم بعض
ومفيش مشكلة خالص

اذا بدك ابعث لي رسالة شخصية واضيفك لسكايب (skype)

Also, congratz on your first post, I like that you decided to post here your first time :) look at me, I think I'm one of the more prolific posters here with 1100 or so posts... Soon we will celebrate your 1k, because time flies here XD

@Domineekee

I have not, but I personally know Arab speakers that live in my area. There are quite a few... I had the chance to exchange conversation in Arabic with them so that's that :)

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2018, 3:38 pm

I think it's great that you are learning Arabic. I've spent about 6 months in North Africa and plan to go back.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 8:39 am

domineekee wrote:
I think it's great that you are learning Arabic. I've spent about 6 months in North Africa and plan to go back.

Nice! Where were you? was that pleasure or busniess?

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 3:06 pm

Chummy wrote:
domineekee wrote:

Tunisia, I've been about a dozen times. I camped on a beach for a month in 91 and I stayed in a tent and herded sheep and goats around in the Sahara for a week those were the best times. I've visited and stayed with a family many times too. Mostly I speak French but I picked up a few words of Arabic along the way. I really like sitting down on a mat to eat and passing cups of tea around, the whole culture surrounding food really appeals to me.
What has sparked the interest in Arabic for you guys?

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 5:17 pm

domineekee wrote:
Chummy wrote:
domineekee wrote:

Tunisia, I've been about a dozen times. I camped on a beach for a month in 91 and I stayed in a tent and herded sheep and goats around in the Sahara for a week those were the best times. I've visited and stayed with a family many times too. Mostly I speak French but I picked up a few words of Arabic along the way. I really like sitting down on a mat to eat and passing cups of tea around, the whole culture surrounding food really appeals to me.
What has sparked the interest in Arabic for you guys?

holy hell! and all that fooling around before I was born haha! memories were created :P
For me I always liked languages in general but decided upon Arabic as it is the most practical for where I live, plus I couldn't learn German, too hard and had no motivation... the language didn't sound good.

Would learn Spanish cause it sounds great, but again not realllly as practical cause I won't have anyone to talk to.

Khaledking
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jun 2019, 3:09 pm

انا من مصر وممكن أساعد أي حد فيكم محتاج مساعده في اللغه

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 10:27 am

Khaledking wrote:
انا من مصر وممكن أساعد أي حد فيكم محتاج مساعده في اللغه

Ente min miSr KK? Ahlan wa sahlan!

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2020, 12:42 am

Chummy wrote:
For me I always liked languages in general but decided upon Arabic as it is the most practical for where I live, plus I couldn't learn German, too hard and had no motivation... the language didn't sound good.

German too hard for someone who knows English?! Easier than Arabaic??!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2020, 11:58 am

cases can be frustrating to wrap your mind around.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2020, 9:08 pm

I will be going to Medina at some point while friends go to Mecca to do their pilgrimage, non Muslims aren't allowed in the main city so I was gonna stop over there. I've been slowly learning some Arabic. Muslim majority countries are actually really nice clean places. Everyone is ridiculously nice to you, doesn't matter who you are.

I would really recommend visiting Dubai - it's really touristy to gently break you into these cultures.

Arabic is mad confusing though, the swear words are funny. :lol:

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 6:28 am

Lunella wrote:
I will be going to Medina at some point while friends go to Mecca to do their pilgrimage, non Muslims aren't allowed in the main city so I was gonna stop over there. I've been slowly learning some Arabic. Muslim majority countries are actually really nice clean places. Everyone is ridiculously nice to you, doesn't matter who you are.

I would really recommend visiting Dubai - it's really touristy to gently break you into these cultures.

Arabic is mad confusing though, the swear words are funny. :lol:

Would you send me a PM with the swear words - need a good laugh! Thanks :)