Page 11 of 39 [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 39  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 5:19 am

nick007 wrote:
Darmok wrote:
We had a member here a while ago who posted some pictures of herself in full Vulcan ambassador regalia (as I recall). Maybe she's still around and could post some more. :D
I missed that post :( It's pretty hard to find a woman who will cosplay anything other than sexy superheros for Halloween. It would be really hot if a woman were to cosplay StarTrek in the bedroom :mrgreen:

True. A good Vulcan woman is hard to find.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 8:59 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 9:03 pm

There Are Four Lights!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Jul 2019, 11:48 am

One kewl thing related to Star Trek is that for the 1st couple weeks after September 11th virtually all the TV stations(don't know about premium channels cuz we didn't get those) were showing nonstop news coverage. The same couple news programs were being broadcasted on 30+ channels each. The news programs were also showing the exact same footage & saying the same stuff every single time I put em. They were broken records. Getting to the kewl Star Trek part, there was one exception to the nonstop news. One of the channels(forget which one) was in the process of switching programing when 9-11 happened & instead of showing news, they showed a nonstop marathon of the Star Trek TOS movies. They did have commercials but they were all being shown in order repeatedly for a couple weeks. I had seen all the TOS movies at various times before on TV but it was nice to turn on the TV & see a show besides news on that I liked. I got to watch all the movies again & in order. One movie one day & the next within the next couple days, you get the idea.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 11:22 pm

https://goodticklebrain.com/home/2019/7 ... hakespeare

There Are Four Lights!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 8:34 am

I watched a whole bunch of Star Trek clips yesterday. TOS, TNG and several movies. I also read most of the IMDB trivia section for Star Trek The Motion Picture. Ironically I did not watch any clips of it. Yet.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 8:36 am

I will always have a soft spot for "The Original Series."

Nobody can match Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, and all the rest of the gang!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 10:21 am

EzraS wrote:
I watched a whole bunch of Star Trek clips yesterday. TOS, TNG and several movies. I also read most of the IMDB trivia section for Star Trek The Motion Picture. Ironically I did not watch any clips of it. Yet.

VGER!

There Are Four Lights!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2019, 10:25 pm

nick007 wrote:
Darmok wrote:
We had a member here a while ago who posted some pictures of herself in full Vulcan ambassador regalia (as I recall). Maybe she's still around and could post some more. :D
I missed that post :( It's pretty hard to find a woman who will cosplay anything other than sexy superheros for Halloween. It would be really hot if a woman were to cosplay StarTrek in the bedroom :mrgreen:

It’s why I purchased Science Officer pajamas. :D

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Jul 2019, 8:54 am

Surprisingly there actually is a religion that sounds appealing to me :arrow:

The Spock Church :arrow: http://free-in-truth.blogspot.com/2006/ ... hurch.html

Quote:
A few miles south of Lynchburg in Campbell County sits a large and attractive octagonal building which is home to one of most unique churches in the world. Founded in 1977, “The Spock,” as the church is called, is the world’s only church of Star Trek, a religion centered on the popular 1960’s television series featuring the adventures of a crew of interstellar explorers. “The Spock” promotes beliefs associated with one of the popular characters in the TV series, Mr. Spock, who was from a peace-loving race of aliens known as “Vulcans.”

The ideology of the church is centered on so-called Vulcan philosophy which includes the belief in pure “logic” and which emphasizes a lifestyle devoid of emotion. A huge stained-glass likeness of the church’s namesake is featured in the sanctuary, where churchgoers recite sequences of dialogue from the series and participate in what they call a “Holy Mind Meld.” Many church members wear stick-on pointed ears (mimicking those of the TV character) during services and at other church functions (in one case of excessive dedication to the “faith,” one member attempted to have his ears surgically altered but with disastrous results, requiring extensive corrective surgery).
“The Spock” is not without controversy, as reportedly in the late 1980’s disagreement arose within the church over the lengths to which members should go in emulating the purely logical and emotionless Vulcan approach to life. Some members advocated a reasonable degree of emotion (citing Mr. Spock’s half-human side), but a core group of hard-line members insisted on a rigid adherence to Vulcan ideology. The stricter view won out, and as a result, several members left the church and publicly denounced its practices. One resentful former member went so far as to publish a science fiction story based on his rigid and stifling upbringing in the faith, a story which concludes with the destruction of the Campbell County sanctuary by a “phaser” blast from an orbiting “starship” at his command. Despite the dissent, “The Spock” boasts a membership today of over 120, and actively campaigns for new members at area fan conventions and at Star Trek movie showings in local theatres. Leonard Nimoy, the actor who played Mr. Spock in Star Trek, has refused comment on “The Spock.”

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 11:31 am

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 11:42 pm

Make it so!

There Are Four Lights!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 12:07 am

a russian TOS fan might say [in phonetic russian], "Ya looblue Scotty ee gospodin Spock, a Chekova yeshcho lootshe."

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 9:37 pm

Oh my.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbXy0f0aCN0

There Are Four Lights!

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jul 2019, 3:59 pm

The above Star Trek Picard trailer is geo-blocked.
Here is a copy of the trailer that is viewable to people outside of the US:

And here is a fan based Star Trek Picard trailer made in Nov 2018:

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 4:13 pm

Soliloquist wrote:
The above Star Trek Picard trailer is geo-blocked.
Here is a copy of the trailer that is viewable to people outside of the US:

So who is the mystery woman? I'm going to guess it's either the next Borg Queen or the spawn of the old Borg Queen, or something like that.

There Are Four Lights!