Page 7 of 39 [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 39  Next

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 1:49 am

KyleTheGhost wrote:
Which Star Trek Series Theme is the best? Me, it is Voyager.

Yeah it just makes me feel small. Love it.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 9:36 am

Does anyone else hate Tilly on STD? I cannot stand her. I always thought Star Treks biggest flaw was boring characters but she is so annoying its worse.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 6:14 am

I am taking a look at Enterprise before I move on to the three that take place in the 24th century. Mostly the highlights. I understand that series didn't do as well.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 6:49 am

KyleTheGhost wrote:
I am taking a look at Enterprise before I move on to the three that take place in the 24th century. Mostly the highlights. I understand that series didn't do as well.

I have watched Enterprise, TNG, Voyager and STD and Enterprise is my favourite that being said whilst I am a big sci fi fan I think Star Trek is overrated and the characters kind of dull.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 1:48 am

Daniel89 wrote:
Does anyone else hate Tilly on STD? I cannot stand her. I always thought Star Treks biggest flaw was boring characters but she is so annoying its worse.

She's growing on me a bit. ST has a pattern of initial female flops who are replaced -- Kes was one, and Tasha Yar was another one. I have a feeling Tilly is going to get better rather than worse.

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 12:19 am

Red Angels. Mystery signals.

Discovery is hitting its stride. Good.

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 1:19 am

Darmok wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:

She's growing on me a bit. ST has a pattern of initial female flops who are replaced -- Kes was one, and Tasha Yar was another one. I have a feeling Tilly is going to get better rather than worse.

If you can't stand Tilly you may not like the new (very good) episode, because she runs from sickbay to the bridge in her pajamas to save the ship. :D If the writers are smart, the way they're going to save her character is by making her the genuine genius of the ship. She's heading in that direction.

There Are Four Lights!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 1:38 am

...Does anyone have a liking of the Star Trek TOS comic books and strips? There've been a lot - from the Gold Key title during tbe time of the NBC run, to today's IDW comics :) ! There was a newspaper comic strip, too :D !

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

EventualZen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jan 2019, 7:15 pm

I just saw Discovery 2x02 New Eden which I give a 5/10. It's the most Star-Treky episode of Discovery so far. One nit-pick though: The Prime Directive is applied however in TNG 5x13 The Masterpiece Society @43:40 it's mentioned that the prime directive doesn't apply to humans. It could have been altered between the two time periods I guess.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 6:07 am

I haven't watched any ST episodes in a while, but I watch clips fairly often.

Favorite lines:

"Where are you going to look for Spock's brain?"

"Get the cheese to sickbay"

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 12:32 pm

EzraS wrote:
"Where are you going to look for Spock's brain?"

"Brain and brain. What is brain?"

EzraS wrote:
"Get the cheese to sickbay"

"There's coffee in that nebula."

There Are Four Lights!

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2019, 3:08 pm

Nerdrotic wrote:
Star Trek Discovery is on the brink.
Has it been cancelled or are we getting a season 3? Anson Mount's tweets poorly timed, or secret message?
Brother premiering on YouTube for free, a sign of desperation, or is it CBS is turning things around? Details inside!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 2:46 am

^ I certainly hope it won't be cancelled. First seasons are often rocky -- the first season of TNG wasn't very good at all. It takes a while for them to figure out who the characters are.

It can't be easy to make money on any series in this day and age, however, when people expect everything to be free online (which is what TV always was, too).

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 11:50 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 7:14 pm

So I watched this week's ST: Discovery. I like it and I hope it stays on. But the storylines are too complex. And now in the ST universe as a whole we've had three different Spocks, three different Amandas, and three different Captain Pikes. They need more originality.

There Are Four Lights!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Feb 2019, 3:06 am

Darmok wrote:
So I watched this week's ST: Discovery. I like it and I hope it stays on. But the storylines are too complex. And now in the ST universe as a whole we've had three different Spocks, three different Amandas, and three different Captain Pikes. They need more originality.
They're keeping up with the times by being less original. Most of the shows on TV are remakes. They're reboots of other shows or they're shows based on movies.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition