Page 8 of 39 [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 39  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Feb 2019, 3:06 am

Darmok wrote:
So I watched this week's ST: Discovery. I like it and I hope it stays on. But the storylines are too complex. And now in the ST universe as a whole we've had three different Spocks, three different Amandas, and three different Captain Pikes. They need more originality.
They're keeping up with the times by being less original. Most of the shows on TV are remakes. They're reboots of other shows or they're shows based on movies.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 7:44 pm

Well I have seen all of deep space nine and enterprise now, Saw a couple episode of Voyager but I will have to rewatch them because I was too drunk to pay attention at the time. I had already had quite a bit of beer by the time me and my boyfriend tried to watch it. Then there is the new one Discovery which I probably won't get to see till its on a streaming service like netflix, hulu or amazon prime or if it doesn't come out on those I guess I'll just have to get the DVDs. So far I would say Deep Space Nine and Next Generation are my favorite. Though as for the doctors I like dr. flox from Enterprise the best.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 10:27 pm

Ironically, the Orville is closer and more faithful to Star Trek originals TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise, than Discovery.

Discovery has the official seal, but underneath, its substance and character is different from the originals.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2019, 2:16 am

So is the Red Angel a time traveler?

There Are Four Lights!

Map84
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Feb 2019, 2:11 pm

Deep space nine is an excellent show- a few episodes are especially notable, the one where they're talking to someone who died decades before, which sadly I can't recall the name or season of, and of course "far beyond the stars".

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 88 of 200

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 3:01 am

Best Star Trek line in a while: "Sorry, sir. You know how I get around violations of causality."

:D

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2019, 10:11 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 1:22 am

^ So it was nice that they used clips from the original pilot to open the latest ST: Discovery episode. 50+ years of continuity are cool. But these plots are way too complex. I like it, but they needed to trim half the story lines.

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 9:45 pm

Just in case you haven't had your daily dose of total weirdness:

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 2:00 am

I think I'm starting to get my threads mixed. :mrgreen:

There Are Four Lights!

traven
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 3:02 am

emergency landing

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Mar 2019, 7:07 am

Darmok wrote:
I actually bought one of William's CDs, Has Been when it came out. I found other CDs by him on the net since then & DLed em. I like Has Been the best thou. He did one song with Leonard Nimoy on Has Been called, I Cant Get Behind That. I need to look for Leonard's CDs. A lot of people may not know this but Patrick Stewart also did a CD. It was only a few western songs that he did for charity. I cant find the DL anywhere even on pay sites & think it was only released as a physical CD. I really should get around to buying it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 11:10 am

nick007 wrote:
Darmok wrote:
I actually bought one of William's CDs, Has Been when it came out. I found other CDs by him on the net since then & DLed em. I like Has Been the best thou. He did one song with Leonard Nimoy on Has Been called, I Cant Get Behind That. I need to look for Leonard's CDs. A lot of people may not know this but Patrick Stewart also did a CD. It was only a few western songs that he did for charity. I cant find the DL anywhere even on pay sites & think it was only released as a physical CD. I really should get around to buying it.

The only one of these weird recordings I've really listened to before is his famous "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds." I suppose if somebody said to me, "Would you like to make a few thousand dollars for reading something aloud for 15 minutes," I'd say yes too. It's definitely bizarre.

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 5:03 am

Very good Discovery episode.

There Are Four Lights!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 6:17 am

Darmok wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Darmok wrote:

The only one of these weird recordings I've really listened to before is his famous "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds." I suppose if somebody said to me, "Would you like to make a few thousand dollars for reading something aloud for 15 minutes," I'd say yes too. It's definitely bizarre.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2019, 2:29 am

Should've put this one up for Pi Day. (I think they're eating pie, but I can't be sure.)

There Are Four Lights!