Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2018, 1:53 am

The cracks are starting to show in my working life. I have a deep desperation for self generated wealth, as currently, I have no safety net available if I can't pay the bills. I find I am spending most of my waking time terrified of not being capable or able to take care of myself.

I'm intelligent enough to do what I like, but with mental illness and poor life skills, it's unlikely I'll get into any situation where I have a back up plan if my life completely falls apart.

How do you cope with security and stability? Any single women on their own trying to make it in a couples world in terms to getting to a place where your health is not suffering to stay afloat?

Winning enough money to self generate would fix my stability problems and allow me to focus on fixing my broken mental and physical health.

Adult life is really, really hard. I'll write up technical specifications for a piece of software very quickly, but when it comes to even the most basic things like paying bills properly, cleaning, sorting out legal car matters, well, a 10 year old NT could probably do a better job than me.

Part of me wants to sell everything and live off the land and the ocean. It would probably be something like 2 weeks of living in a cave by the beach before I get gang raped and murdered, so it's not probably a wise idea.

There must be an easier way.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2018, 3:49 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Part of me wants to sell everything and live off the land and the ocean.

I yearn for this so much that it hurts. Seriously.

I wouldn't sell everything, but if I could start a "The Village" style colony, off the grid somewhere, I don't think I would ever look back.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 12:12 pm

Quote:
The cracks are starting to show in my working life. I have a deep desperation for self generated wealth, as currently, I have no safety net available if I can't pay the bills. I find I am spending most of my waking time terrified of not being capable or able to take care of myself.

I'm intelligent enough to do what I like, but with mental illness and poor life skills, it's unlikely I'll get into any situation where I have a back up plan if my life completely falls apart.

How do you cope with security and stability? Any single women on their own trying to make it in a couples world in terms to getting to a place where your health is not suffering to stay afloat?

I'm in a similar situation. I realised a few years ago that I need a whole lifestyle change (gradual), with a focus on goals that support all areas of my wellbeing.
Stability and security are two things that I am working towards and changing career will get me closer to regular/secure employment and from there I can start working on a backup plan!
In the meantime I'm focusing on being healthy and well.

Living alone is more difficult financially, it's cheaper when you have another person to split bills with for certain, but being independent is important for me on many levels, I do not like being reliant on sources outside of my control for a basic standard of living.

I make many mistakes when moving into different accommodation, I hate dealing with letting agents, utility companies etc, it takes me months to settle in and get organised but each time the experience is definitely similar/predictable.

Last edited by Amity on 16 Jul 2018, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 12:16 pm

^it's nice to see you.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 12:35 pm

Hey there Kraftie, ''tis nice to see you too!