Poll: Do you have tinnitus (constant ear ringing)?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Do you have tinnitus (constant ear ringing)?
Yes. I've always had it 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Yes. I wasn't born with it but it developed at some point. 56%  56%  [ 10 ]
No. 33%  33%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 18

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2018, 9:50 pm

I've had tinnitus, I assume, since birth. I first realized not everyone had constant ringing in the ears when I was a child. I remarked how the ringing was so much more noticeable at night when all was quiet and the person said: "What ringing?"

I've never experienced silence. The intensity increases when I'm stressed or subjected to loud noise.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Jul 2018, 7:06 am

I get it occasionally but it doesn't last long. The only time it lasted a while was when I had something stuck in my ear & they had to flush my ear to get it out. I had ringing for weeks after.
Have you ever been to a doc or tried any treatment :?: I read that certain meds can sometimes help.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Jul 2018, 7:10 am

They didn't discover the relationship between loud music and tinnitus until I was too far gone to save myself, so, yes I have tinnitus. Was it worth it? The bliss! It was heaven.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2018, 2:36 am

had it since about the age of between 4 and 5, when my dad, who was about 10 feet from me, shot a 30:06 rifle into the brush. that was the loudest sound I've heard before or since. that was painfully loud, like an icepick in the ear.

HelHelly
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 May 2021, 4:49 am

Claradoon wrote:
They didn't discover the relationship between loud music and tinnitus until I was too far gone to save myself, so, yes I have tinnitus. Was it worth it? The bliss! It was heaven.

Actually, a lot of musicians face the issues with hearing.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 5:05 am

Claradoon wrote:

THIS! :twisted: :twisted: Seems most of the damage was done early. damn headphones!

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 8:57 am

Yes it started 15.

Qtip cotton ball stuck in ear

Still 20/20.hearing

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 10:09 am

I didn’t know what “ringing ears” actually meant for a long time, “ringing” was not a term I would have used to describe the sound, so I didn’t know that that was what it was. I’ve had it for as long as I can remember. It’s constant now, but as a kid I only really noticed it in quiet settings, I remember associating it with being alone. No significant exposure to loud noise, overly sensitive hearing means I go out of my way to avoid loud noises because even what other people consider “normal” can be painful to me.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"