Could this guy have Aspergers? Does he hate me or like me?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ffm1024
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jul 2018, 2:13 pm

Hello,

I'm 20 years old and I have a mild form of Aspergers. A few months ago I noticed a guy in one of my classes in uni, who also seemed to be really introverted and shy. I'm really shy so it's really rare for me to start a conversation with someone. But I really wanted to get to know the guy, so when I saw him in the cantine I went up to him and asked him if it's okay if I sit next to him. He was really surprised and almost seemed shocked. When I started talking to him, he was really nervous at first. But then it got better and I really liked talking to him. We've talked another time in the cantine and it also went really well. When I met the guy for the third time in the cantine, he seemed to be really anxious and barely talked. He only gave me one-word answers, so I couldn't keep the conversation going.
When I had met him the next time I asked him, if it annoys him when I sit next to him, which he answered with no.
I was also sitting next to him in classes in uni for a few months. He always seemed really anxious when I talked to him and only gave me me one-word answers. I couldn't really tell if he liked me and therefore was so nervous or if he was annoyed by me. I asked him if he wanted to meet up and study with me for exams. He only answered with "yes maybe", which sounded like he wasn't interested. So I thought, that he probably doesn't like me and so I've stopped sitting next to him.

Do you think it could be, that he liked me and therefore was so nervous, or do you think he didn't like me and was annoyed by me?

I think it is quite likely that he has Aspergers too.
Here a few things, that I have noticed:

- he quite obviously stimms during classes in uni
-he ALWAYS sits on the exact same seat
-he wears the exact same clothes every day
-he didn't know anybody in uni for the first few months
-he never started a conversation with someone
-he talks quite formally
-he is really intelligent and good at maths

Do you think it could be that he has Aspergers too?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2018, 2:37 pm

Ffm1024 wrote:
Could this guy have Aspergers? Does he hate me or like me? Do you think it could be, that he liked me and therefore was so nervous, or do you think he didn't like me and was annoyed by me? Do you think it could be that he has Aspergers too?
How should WE know? None of us here are telepathic, nor do we know you or him (AFAIK).

You need to ask him these questions. That is the only way that you will find out.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2018, 3:16 pm

Ask him!