Student here in need of a favour...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

glazedwithkrispywater
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jul 2018, 3:17 am

Sorry if this comes across as research spam, but I'm on my final year of high school and being autistic I kinda wanted to take the opportunity for my research project to look into the issues that autistic people face in the workforce. Well, I will admit that I do want to get a good ATAR for my HSC (yep, I'm Aussie) so that I can be accepted which is why I wanted to do something I am pretty passionate about (I'm not saying race and gender aren't important, but I feel autism is something that is often approached condescendingly and I feel that I could do something about it. But I guess that the issues that I will talk about in my research kinda relate to how I'm kinda worried that I won't be able to deal with the pressures of being an adult. I know that being an adult, I have to rely on social connections and I'm still trying to figure myself out so I don't know what kind of mould I'll be able to fit into to be able to deal with a particular job.

I'm not gonna ramble about myself anymore but I would appreciate it if you could complete the survey below. I'm looking for autistic adults/ aspies who is currently employed or is seeking employment. Thanks!

glazedwithkrispywater
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jul 2018, 3:27 am

So apparently I can't post links or even reply so PM me please.

Thanks...

...and PS. I had no idea forums like this existed. I've been a bit of a lurker in Reddit boards for less than a year now and it's so reassuring to find people out there. Who knew people are not condescending??? (just kidding, a little bit)

meix2
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jul 2018, 8:30 pm

if this survey is still going on, would you be at all interested in people who are suspected asd or aspies ?