Page 56 of 58 [ 926 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2020, 12:25 pm

WTF :evil:

Too many people here never contribute in a positive manner, learned how to walk the line (and step over it at least occasionally) with impunity while a lot of good, supportive and interesting ones leave or get pushed out. This forum is a ghost of what it once was and it's getting more toxic by the day :(

Liam, if you're still reading this, let Ezra know there are plenty of people here who appreciate and miss him and personally I think the ban is biased and unjustified, especially if you take into consideration the handful of members here who have been following around, provoking and harassing him for years.

I don't agree with his political views either but I appreciate his intelligence, wit and courage a lot and how much he matured since he joined. I really hope he'll change his mind and come back.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2020, 12:28 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
WTF :evil:

Too many people here never contribute in a positive manner, learned how to walk the line (and step over it at least occasionally) with impunity while a lot of good, supportive and interesting ones leave or get pushed out. This forum is a ghost of what it once was and it's getting more toxic by the day :(

Liam, if you're still reading this, let Ezra know there are plenty of people here who appreciate and miss him and personally I think the ban is biased and unjustified, especially if you take into consideration the handful of members here who have been following around, provoking and harassing him for years.

I don't agree with his political views either but I appreciate his intelligence, wit and courage a lot and how much he matured since he joined. I really hope he'll change his mind and come back.

+ 1

I miss you Ezzy.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2020, 12:32 pm

What did Ezra do to get banned?

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2020, 1:04 pm

^Don't know, and think we’re not meant to discuss such matters.

Hmph, like bender I’ll miss him being about: don’t think we agreed on most things, but he’s a bright lad with a much appreciated sense of humour.
And has already developed the maturity to have a civil debate as opposed to an argument.
Liked him even if he did wind me up once or twice: hope he returns, but sounds like shouldn’t expect.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2020, 1:07 pm

I hope Liam will become a somewhat-regular poster.

Throwaway2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2020, 1:17 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
This forum is ............... getting more toxic by the day :(

im glad you said that
i thought it was just me projecting

lliam420
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2020, 1:58 pm

smudge wrote:

its like bender said "members here who have been following around, provoking and harassing him for years." and goldfish is one of those. he was all over ezra provoking him to no end and doing what looked like reverse psychology with posts like
Quote:
......I’ve told you many times to knock it off, and yet you continue in large part Because I have been far too nice to you and not set any sort of boundary to your behaviour. No more. If I read you posting crap about me I won’t bother to engage with you about it, I’ll simply take up a new hobby of reporting your posts every single time. The mods have made it crystal clear over the years that they’re not going to intervene and deal with your attitude or insults towards me unless I report your posts...... .
and
Quote:
says the boy who had to be told a couple days ago to knock it off with his persistent trolling and insults or have his posts reported and risk being banned from one of his few online social outlets. Mmhmm.

Then ezra gets a ban notice that said something like "you are getting the same 6 mo ban goldfish got". goldfish started messaging me and i got out of him that walrus banned ezra and walrus and goldfish talked about it. goldfish says that his ban was for ageism against ezra but you can see in that post how he's calling ezra "boy" so he was still doing what he said he got banned for. i think a lot of people reported him for telling ezra autistic teenagers have the maturity level of little kids or something like that.

Karamazov wrote:

walrus can ban me for it if he wants because i don't plan on sticking around.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2020, 2:08 pm

Throwaway2 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Like I said; I’ve never reported a single one of his posts ever.

i think your trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes as ive checked your posts

exhibit a

Quote:
......I’ve told you many times to knock it off, and yet you continue in large part Because I have been far too nice to you and not set any sort of boundary to your behaviour. No more. If I read you posting crap about me I won’t bother to engage with you about it, I’ll simply take up a new hobby of reporting your posts every single time. The mods have made it crystal clear over the years that they’re not going to intervene and deal with your attitude or insults towards me unless I report your posts...... .

Think whatever you want. Fact is I’ve only reported Two posts ever. One was a Bea Arthur post a year or two ago, the other was my own post last week that I asked be deleted if possible due to oversharing of personal information I shouldn’t have rambled on about.

Feel free to message any mod/admin for confirmation. None of them have any reason to lie on my behalf.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2020, 2:19 pm

lliam420 wrote:
smudge wrote:

its like bender said "members here who have been following around, provoking and harassing him for years." and goldfish is one of those. he was all over ezra provoking him to no end and doing what looked like reverse psychology with posts like
Quote:
and
Quote:
says the boy who had to be told a couple days ago to knock it off with his persistent trolling and insults or have his posts reported and risk being banned from one of his few online social outlets. Mmhmm.

Then ezra gets a ban notice that said something like "you are getting the same 6 mo ban goldfish got". goldfish started messaging me and i got out of him that walrus banned ezra and walrus and goldfish talked about it. goldfish says that his ban was for ageism against ezra but you can see in that post how he's calling ezra "boy" so he was still doing what he said he got banned for. i think a lot of people reported him for telling ezra autistic teenagers have the maturity level of little kids or something like that.

Karamazov wrote:

walrus can ban me for it if he wants because i don't plan on sticking around.

Is EzraS a girl? :? To the best of my knowledge EzraS has never identified as female. As a member of the LGBT community, I make an effort Not to misgender anyone. Apologies if a mistake was made.

I cited my source then and will repeat it now:

Dr. Tony Attwood’s “The Complete Guide to Asperger’s Syndrome,” textbook states that those on the spectrum tend to have an average emotional maturity rate of 2/3rds their chronological age. This makes an 18 year old on the spectrum’s emotional maturity ~that of a 12 year old, and mine at 37 ~that of a ~25 year old.

As an aside: This is a great explanation for a part of why I tend to get along better with people 20-25 than I do people my own age. It’s either younger Or older - I have a lot of friends ranging from their mid 40’s to senior years vs very few in my peer group.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2020, 2:28 pm

lliam420 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Throwaway2 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Like I said; I’ve never reported a single one of his posts ever.

i think your trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes as ive checked your posts

exhibit a

Quote:

Think whatever you want. Fact is I’ve only reported Two posts ever. One was a Bea Arthur post a year or two ago, the other was my own post last week that I asked be deleted if possible due to oversharing of personal information I shouldn’t have rambled on about.

Feel free to message any mod/admin for confirmation. None of them have any reason to lie on my behalf.

so were you lying when you told ezra " If I read you posting crap about me I won’t bother to engage with you about it, I’ll simply take up a new hobby of reporting your posts every single time." or are you lying now? or just lying altogether? you and walrus sure did a good job of dragging each other into ezras ban and making it stink to high heaven. i would write alex about it if ezra still wanted to be a member.

EzraS had yet to post anything about or towards me that I felt was report worthy.

I’ve made it crystal clear to you that I had nothing to do with EzraS’ ban and was not aware of it until after it had happened.

If EzraS posts got him banned, and it seems they have, then that’s on whatever EzraS posted and no one else.

Throwaway2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2020, 2:29 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

Dr. Tony Attwood’s “The Complete Guide to Asperger’s Syndrome,” textbook states that those on the spectrum tend to have an average emotional maturity rate of 2/3rds their chronological age. This makes an 18 year old on the spectrum’s emotional maturity ~that of a 12 year old, and mine at 37 ~that of a ~25 year old.

As an aside: This is a great explanation for a part of why I tend to get along better with people 20-25 than I do people my own age. It’s either younger Or older - I have a lot of friends ranging from their mid 40’s to senior years vs very few in my peer group.

correct me if im wrong
you got banned for citing a source and applying it to a member
you are now citing this source again and still applying it to this member

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2020, 2:34 pm

Throwaway2 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

correct me if im wrong

Fake news.

I applied it to a chronological age and also to myself, because it is a fact and applicable to both every bit as much today as any other time I’ve referenced it.

This is not a fabrication from goldfish’s mind. This is a fact printed in an Autism textbook written by an expert Doctor of Psychology.

Throwaway2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2020, 2:35 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Throwaway2 wrote:
i dont trust the mods and it seems i am not alone

You're not, but it's worth mentioning that some of them are actually doing a good job.

ok
thanks
thats a relief

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2020, 2:38 pm

Also worthy of mention: It’s ironic if anyone here thinks this particular mod is pro goldfish and was somehow conducting his moderating work on my behalf. This particular mod is the only one I’ve ever really clashed with, some ~7 years ago for ~the same reason I’ve butted heads with EzraS, and then we’ve pretty much ignored each other since.

Throwaway2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2020, 2:41 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Throwaway2 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

correct me if im wrong

Fake news.

I applied it to a chronological age and also to myself, because it is a fact and applicable to both every bit as much today as any other time I’ve referenced it.

This is not a fabrication from goldfish’s mind. This is a fact printed in an Autism textbook written by an expert Doctor of Psychology.

lliam420
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2020, 2:43 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Throwaway2 wrote:
i dont trust the mods and it seems i am not alone

You're not, but it's worth mentioning that some of them are actually doing a good job.

Darmok wrote:
smudge wrote:

Ezra ran afoul of an extremist moderator who has been the subject of many complaints, public and private, for his abuse of authority. He routinely uses his position to advance his own extremist agenda and to protect a couple of local sociopaths who are his political allies. It is long past time for the responsible moderators to step in and have this individual removed.

Only Alex can do that, but I fully agree with the rest of your post.

and alex isn't around and doesn't answer his messages so since the cat is away there are no repercussions.