Just fed.

I could go on.
Hope this sounds familiar
to someone else.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2018, 10:38 am

Yes, likewise, I struggle so much more to keep my focus when there is too much info for my senses. Words in particular are a huge distraction as I really struggle with the compulsion to read them, even if I already know what they say or know they're irrelevant (maybe linked to childhood hyperlexia?)

I also hate rooms with patterned wallpaper or carpets; they are very distracting, mess with my sense of distance and space, and can bring out synaesthetic responses in other senses.

I struggle to find a particular icon on a desktop or menu bar amongst too many others; I find text labels on a categorised start menu etc. much easier to deal with. Shelves full of different products in shops, multiple nested windows/sidebars on websites etc. can be similarly overwhelming.

Too much visual input, especially when there's unpredictable movement, colour changes etc. eventually makes me dissociate to the point where I can experience visual agnosia (not being able to recognise objects or pick them out from a background.)