Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 3:21 pm

You know what sucks? Having a coworker who is drop dead freaking beautiful, probably the nicest person you've ever met, who makes the effort to come talk to you at your desk every night (she does that to everyone), is smart, funny, thinks your weird, bass ackwards sense of humor is funny, and you can feel yourself getting feelings for her, but you know she's so far out of your league that she's practically in orbit and you honestly wish she'd just leave you alone so you don't have to think about how much you like her but she'll never like you, but you can't say that because... well, you're at work, and telling someone to go away and never talk to you again can get you fired. Also, it wouldn't be very nice.

Yeah, that sucks.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 3:25 pm

Try getting into that league perhaps? If not for her specifically for that kind of girls in general.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 3:32 pm

Yes it sucks, and usually you have to accept it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Jul 2018, 3:51 pm

I know it sucks ass but I'd actually rather be in the woman's life in whatever way I can even if it's just at work. At least I'd get to see someone who treats me nice & is beautiful inside & out.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 4:13 pm

Also, vampires.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 5:27 pm

You never know what will happen.

Unless she's married. In that case, you might want to try to keep your feelings restrained.

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 5:36 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:

I have a pretty good idea. Her idea of a day off is to get drunk on the river with all her friends. Mine is to avoid as many people as possible and read, write, or play video games.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 5:47 pm

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
you know she's so far out of your league that she's practically in orbit

Before you give up all hope , analyse your self esteem first. When I met my GF my first thoughts were , she's out of my league and I have no chance. Little did I know she was a hardcore game player , smoked more weed than Bob Marley and fancied me ( her flirting went over my head on many occasions ). After a few weeks I realised we played in the same league , in fact I might play in a higher league :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 5:52 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:
you know she's so far out of your league that she's practically in orbit

Before you give up all hope , analyse your self esteem first. When I met my GF my first thoughts were , she's out of my league and I have no chance. Little did I know she was a hardcore game player , smoked more weed than Bob Marley and fancied me ( her flirting went over my head on many occasions ). Even after our first date I didn't contact her but luckily she contacted me. After a few weeks I realised we played in the same league , in fact I might play in a higher league :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 5:55 pm

Yeah, I don't know if leagues are so black and white. Maybe sometimes we shouldn't judge either sex as "too good" for us based only on the fact that they look drop-dead beautiful (or "normal" beautiful).

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 6:52 pm

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:

I have a pretty good idea. Her idea of a day off is to get drunk on the river with all her friends. Mine is to avoid as many people as possible and read, write, or play video games.

Generally, when people say something like "I have an idea", they proceed to expose some plan or stratagem they have come up with. :?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 6:58 pm

'Leagues' are an invalid human concept. There are only two issues at work here:

1) The OP's unrequited lust for his co-worker ... lust, attraction, obsession ... whatever you call it, his mind is fixated on her.

2) The workplace of the OP likely has in place rules against harassment -- unwanted attention and/or physical contact that does not necessarily have to include the complainant. It could be filed against any two (or more) people who show an inordinate amount of personal attention between themselves (the complainant does not have to be one of them)

Perhaps the OP would consider taking one of these courses of action:

1) Just 'happen' to show up at the river about the same time his co-worker usually does, and maybe get invited to join them.

2) Filing an harassment complaint against his co-worker (and possibly others) for uninvited attention and/or physical contact.

3) Ignoring his co-worker.

4) Searching for another job in another business.

Do you know what really sucks? Just sitting there and doing nothing about a situation that produces an hostile work environment -- THAT is what really sucks!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 7:11 pm

Peacesells wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:

Generally, when people say something like "I have an idea", they proceed to expose some plan or stratagem they have come up with. :?

What?

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 7:15 pm

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:

What?

What is it of my post that you don't understand?

By the way ignore Fnord's courses of action 2 and 4 I'd say. 1 depens on some variables.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 7:19 pm

Peacesells wrote:
... By the way ignore Fnord's courses of action 2 and 4 I'd say. 1 depends on some variables.
That leaves only #3: "Ignoring his co-worker." From the way he described it, he cannot ignore her, which puts him in an implacable situation -- He's miserable no matter what he does. Too bad, so sad, sucks to be him.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 7:20 pm

Unfortunately this is a reason why a lot of women don’t bother to be friendly.

It usually means someone will start “liking” you when you’re not interested in them as more than a friend. It happens to me whenever I am myself in real life, which is bubbly and friendly.

It’s good if you can work with people who are all in relationships, as I currently do, as it doesn’t happen.

I’ve also been in your situation with guys at previous jobs who aren’t interested. It’s quite painful, but you do get over it! Even when you have to see them every day. You brain does work through it, but it takes much longer.

As a survivor, I know it’s possive. A two year long obsession which just about killed me - I got there in the end. You will, too.