Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 7:26 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Unfortunately this is a reason why a lot of women don’t bother to be friendly. It usually means someone will start “liking” you when you’re not interested in them as more than a friend. It happens to me whenever I am myself in real life, which is bubbly and friendly. It’s good if you can work with people who are all in relationships, as I currently do, as it doesn’t happen. I’ve also been in your situation with guys at previous jobs who aren’t interested. It’s quite painful, but you do get over it! Even when you have to see them every day. You brain does work through it, but it takes much longer. As a survivor, I know it’s possive. A two year long obsession which just about killed me - I got there in the end. You will, too.
I remember a lot of young men in the Navy who had their first experience at a strip club. They would "fall in love" with one of the dancers and get all bent out of shape when their money ran out and the dancer would move on to the next sucker sailor ... "But I thought she LIKED meeeeeee!" :roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 7:30 pm

Peacesells wrote:
What is it of my post that you don't understand?

The "proceed to expose some plan or stratagem they have come up with" part. I don't get what you mean.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 7:36 pm

Fnord wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
... By the way ignore Fnord's courses of action 2 and 4 I'd say. 1 depends on some variables.
That leaves only #3: "Ignoring his co-worker." From the way he described it, he cannot ignore her, which puts him in an implacable situation -- He's miserable no matter what he does. Too bad, so sad, sucks to be him.

As I said, if he is not in her league he can just better himself, for example his looks. I'd strongly advice doing it for her in particular though, because it is an unbalanced reaction in respect of her niceness and isn't healty for his psyche (also I don't know if his workplace policies allow romance among coworkers). Moreover it will require some time and if she gets into a relationship it might make him depressed and give up.
If he decides to better himself he should do that for himself and to get women like her in general.
Course of action 1 depends on what kind of parties she attends. If it's only between her and her friends I think it'd be better to ask a common friend of perhaps even her if he can come along. If it's like some open festival with plenty of people sure, he can just "happen by" as you said. But I don't think OP is interested in attending such parties.
ThisAdamGuy wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
What is it of my post that you don't understand?

The "proceed to expose some plan or stratagem they have come up with" part. I don't get what you mean.

I mean that when people say "I have an idea", in general they are about to inform people of some intuition they had about how to behave in a certain situation. At least it's what I'd expect. :?

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 7:47 pm

Peacesells wrote:
I mean that when people say "I have an idea", in general they are about to inform people of some intuition they had about how to behave in a certain situation. At least it's what I'd expect. :?

I mean that to say "I have a feeling"

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 7:58 pm

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
Peacesells wrote:

I mean that to say "I have a feeling"

Oh I see, silly me! Of course you meant "I have a pretty good idea about what's going to happen". Sorry for the misunderstanding.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 9:58 pm

Don't crap where you eat. Getting romantically involved with someone at work is a stupid idea. No matter what happens you both work together. You need to guard your source of income.

I call BS on her being out of your league. Don't you have similar jobs? You have a lot to offer, Adam. Please don't sell yourself short.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 10:07 pm

[Delete button isn't working.]

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 10:26 pm

It's not our jobs that put her out of my league, it's who we are as people. Here's a pic of me and one of her (cunningly photoshopped, you couldn't even tell, could you?). You see the difference? If you look up the word "hopeless" in the dictionary, that's the picture you get.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 10:36 pm

I understand now. This is just another "I can't get a girlfriend" thread.

Pointless.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 11:18 pm

Fnord wrote:
I understand now. This is just another "I can't get a girlfriend" thread.

Pointless.

Well, don't stick around on my account. Bye, Felicia!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 12:18 am

to the OP: if she talks to you, talk back to her. if she engages you of her volition, then be nice to her back. don't pre-disaster the thing.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 1:13 am

HistoryGal wrote:
Don't crap where you eat. Getting romantically involved with someone at work is a stupid idea. No matter what happens you both work together. You need to guard your source of income.

I call BS on her being out of your league. Don't you have similar jobs? You have a lot to offer, Adam. Please don't sell yourself short.

According to stats, a lot of relationships start in thr workplace; even more than dating sites.

But I think it works *only* when the female initiates the interest; the other way around is too risky for the reasons you mentioned. Men are way less likely to fill a harassment complaint and do drama over being asked out, so yeah OP, don’t do it unless she does ask you.

As for those saying that leagues don’t exist; I dunno on what planet they live, they indeed exist. It simply means “this person has a level of attractiveness way above than mine”, and this is very real.

I think instincts are usually correct most of the time, when one feels that the other person is way out of his/her league, it’s usually true 99% of times. Looking at the pics and knowing her interests, I can see that she would expect a way more fit and social guy.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 3:10 am

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
It's not our jobs that put her out of my league, it's who we are as people.

If you're talking about looks that's something that you can definitely improve.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 4:17 am

Fnord wrote:
2) Filing an harassment complaint against his co-worker (and possibly others) for uninvited attention and/or physical contact.

Why would you suggest this?

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 5:00 am

Crushes always suck.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 6:46 am

Of course "leagues" exist, but they're artificial and highly malleable, not set in stone. Looks matter, as does intelligence, physical condition, personality, money, social position, and that indefinable thing known as "charisma." And you never know what odd, particular thing might attract someone. I've dated models and "average"-looking women, rich women and poor women, etc. The only constant for me was intelligence--and the fact I was was for some reason attracted to them.