As a gay person, are looks the most important thing?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jul 2018, 11:29 pm

Would you say that you value looks more than anything else? This is true for me. I am only attracted to young guys. I care more about looks than anything else. I don't know how to go beyond looks. It doesn't matter what his sexuality is or if he is a jerk, it doesn't stop me from checking him out. Whenever I see a guy that is taller than me or one that is masculine, that is even more of a turn on for me. I am only attracted to guys from teens to thirties. If I found a middle aged guy who looked young, I could make an exception. I highly value looks. I don't know if other gays and aspies put a high value on somebody's looks, but to me, that is one of the most important things to me. I like what I like and I can't help it. This is one of the reasons why I am terrified of growing older. I don't want to lose my youthful appearance and I'm not going to want to be with somebody who looks old. No young person would want to be with me when I'm old.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 11:36 pm

just as there are chubbychasers there are also auntie chasers. IOW a certain small number of youngsters go after the old for various reasons. being rich makes up for a lot of other stuff. but whatever makes you happy so long as nobody is hurt, is the only important thing here.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 8:36 pm

As a bi guy, looks are important for attraction but beyond that (boyfriend material) personality is key.

I think guys in general like people who are younger than we are.

What you consider young and old though- changes as you age. Now some guys are way too young and some guys aren’t “old.” It fluctuates as you age.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 8:39 pm

I notice booty mainly, everything else is 2ndary except for personality. so a "booty-ful" personality is a winner in my book :wtg:

ExceladonCity
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2018, 2:00 pm

I'm more attracted to "Average Joe" types. Generally speaking, most gay men (at least the ones in my area) are too obsessed with Adonis-like men; someone who is almost unrealistically attractive. I never understood that, to be honest. Tall, muscular, trendy haircuts and chiseled jawlines are not particularly attractive to me. I like the guys that grew into their natural look and are okay with not being some kind of magazine model. They seem more secure with themselves than the overwhelmingly Hollywood-esque guys.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2018, 2:15 pm

back in our grandparents' day, they warned us of "Hollywood types."

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2018, 5:23 pm

No, looks are not at all important when you're looking for someone to be in a relationship with because physical appearance is always in the eye of the beholder.

Lorrent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Aug 2018, 5:47 pm

I'm not gay myself, but I guess looks are important, especially for the first impression.
Also you wrote, that you like guys from teens to thirties, I don't think thats a problem.
I mean you are 25 years old? Seems pretty normal to be attracted to someone that is about the same age. As for the aging, I know where you are coming from, I'm also not looking forward to it. :|

RAADS-R: 134