Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 3:34 am

Are there light bulb for very sensitive people? Lights can really hurt my eyes & make the room very warm for me.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 8:57 am

There are now a wide assortment of light bulbs to choose from. Instead of 60 or 100 watt equivalent LEDs I'll use just one 40 watt equivalent LED to light a room. You can also choose different color temperatures. You may want a "daylight" 5000K bulb if you don't like "warm" light.

Something like this 40W Equivalent Daylight (5000K) A19 Dimmable Exceptional Light Quality LED Light Bulb

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2018, 9:13 am

Depending what light fittings you have, choosing a good kind of lamp-shade can help too, I find. For lights which dangle from the ceiling, I always fit a shade which doesn't let any direct light fall downwards, so that all of the light is bounced from the ceiling. I think this helps partly because it makes the shadows around objects much softer, so that there is less contrast. Likewise with desk-lamps etc.; I aim them at the walls instead of into the room for a similar effect.

BTDT wrote:
You can also choose different color temperatures.

On a related note, an application such as f.lux (free download for PC/Mac/Linux/iPhone/Android) can do the same thing for computer, tablet and smart-phone screens, including slowly changing the colour automatically to suit the time of day.