Veteran

24 Jun 2005, 11:43 am

I brush my whole mouth.

Tongue, teeth, roof ~ the lot.

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jun 2005, 11:51 am

yea so do i...i don't exactly like brushing my teeth that much, but i know it needs to be done..i've seen quite a few people who have bad teeth, and i don't want to end up like that..

Taineyah
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jun 2005, 10:12 pm

Quote:
Quote:
I can't stand flossing, but mum got me a new thingie that makes it easier and says I have to use it or I'm in big, big trouble.

I also hate flossing... what is this thing your mom got you that helps with it? The dentist (and my parents) always harrass me about flossing more.

It's kinda like a little fork thing on a handle and it has thread between the prongs. You just run it in and out of your teeth and you're done, no fuss, no muss. Mum has me do it while I'm sitting in front of the computer.

nirrti_1
Raven
Raven

24 Jun 2005, 11:51 pm

AntiEverything wrote:
SINsister wrote:
AntiEverything wrote:
...I don't bother doing it much though because I don't think I'll live longer than my thirties...

8O :( Why do you think/say that?

Whoops, didn't mean to draw attention to that! :oops: - I don't mind going into it though since you asked...

Negative outlook: I'm physically and mentally an unhealthy wreck that's asking for life-threatening problems. I don't eat or drink healthily, I don't exercise, I'm lacking vitamins and minerals. My mind's malnourished, lazy, irrational and dysfunctional. I'm getting fat, I get tired and fatigued easily, doing simple tasks like reading a book and completing a piece of work is becoming too hard. I'm stuck in a routine and can't change much, it's hard to imagine me ever taking tablet supplements or health foods, which is why I'd predict an early death.

Positive outlook: I'm a hypochondriac. I don't know what I'm talking about.

It sounds like you have clinical depression and it's coloring everything you experience. I'm healing from a severe depression episode that sent me to a mental hospital. I was feeling pretty much the same way, that life was no good and I didn't want to be on this planet anymore.

You may want to see your doctor regarding your symptoms as it could be caused by thyroid problems as well as a chemical imbalance in the brain.
But please, don't give up on yourself like that.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2005, 1:39 pm

I have to take breaks while brushing my teeth cause my gag reflex is so bad. Though I think I learned to brush my teeth at a normal age, but I hardly ever did it when I was a kid. Hated the taste and the bother. (My gag reflex wasn't as bad then.)

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2006, 9:12 am

Why is everything brushing teeth.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2006, 9:36 am

Captain_Brown wrote:
Why is everything brushing teeth.

Why are you bringing threads back from the dead with pointless replies?

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2006, 10:49 am

I have never actually had trouble brushing my teeth, as far as hand/eye coordination goes. But have had trouble getting into the habit of doing it. Even these days, I have to force myself to do it: it is just a monotonous thing that I don't like. So while it is good to brush two times a day... I'm happy with just once. :wink:

Just thought I would add my two cents. :roll:

Pi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jul 2006, 10:51 am

I've never liked it. But I've gotten used to it. Although I still don't brush as religiously as I should.