Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

solid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jun 2005, 1:17 pm

who here has aspergers sydrome and can't brush their teeth. I can't so my mum does them for me

Stop talking trash

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2005, 1:38 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feather
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jun 2005, 2:59 pm

I learned to brush my teeth fine when young, but brushing them often makes me gag.

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2005, 4:47 pm

AntiEverything wrote:
...I don't bother doing it much though because I don't think I'll live longer than my thirties...

8O :( Why do you think/say that?

~Steve Jobs

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2005, 4:51 pm

I have trouble brushing teeth (esp flossing) as it is not entirely pleasant (I hate that taste of toothpaste and the feel of floss) but I force myself to do it anyways, but I can only do it once a day instead of the recomended 3x. I have had a few cavities and I want to avoid more. And the breath stuff really counts to some people. :?

seethaki
Raven
Raven

23 Jun 2005, 4:54 pm

I have to bounce against the sink as I brush my teeth...

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2005, 5:00 pm

My son hates brushing his teeth. I'll have to ask why.

BeeBee

Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2005, 5:40 pm

I brush once or twice a day. I don't like doing it, but I also don't like cavities or bad breath. However, I hear drinking tea helps prevent cavities so I try to drink alot of tea and the result is I have few cavities, even though I don't brush as good as I should. Eating apples is also helpful for cleaning your teeth. So if you don't like brushing, be sure to eat apples and drink tea. :wink:

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2005, 5:47 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2005, 8:42 pm

I like brushing my teeth, and flossing
is the best part. It is a tactile thing for me!

Ghosthunter

Taineyah
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jun 2005, 9:29 pm

I have a hand problem and have to use an electric toothbrush to save wear and tear on my tendons. I can't stand the thing. I sit on the floor in the doorway to the bathroom and brace my feet and back against opposite sides of the door frame. Sometimes, I even climb the doorframe this way, trying to distract form the vibration in my mouth.

I can't stand flossing, but mum got me a new thingie that makes it easier and says I have to use it or I'm in big, big trouble.

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2005, 9:50 pm

I learned to brush fine when I was little.

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2005, 10:17 pm

Quote:
I can't stand flossing, but mum got me a new thingie that makes it easier and says I have to use it or I'm in big, big trouble.

I also hate flossing... what is this thing your mom got you that helps with it? The dentist (and my parents) always harrass me about flossing more.

I don't like to brush my teeth, and I've been lax about it lately (I always brush in the morning, but I tend to avoid doing it at night, which isn't a great idea). I need to try to get back into a regular routine with it again.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2005, 12:50 am

I've been broushing my teeth since I was old enough to holda toothbrush. Like, 3 or something.

solid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jun 2005, 7:25 am

Well I also have dyspraxia which effects my hand eye cordination

Stop talking trash

monastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2005, 7:52 am

AntiEverything wrote:

Quote:

I learned to brush my teeth by the time I started secondary school. I don't bother doing it much though because I don't think I'll live longer than my thirties so having long lifespans for my teeth isn't important.

Dear AntiEverything,

I too felt the way you do for some of the very reasons you use also because I was living life in the fast lane and the self-destruct button was on (figuratively speaking).

I didn't think I would live past the age of 18 (and I'm not joking) and I seemed determined to make it so.

I am now 3 decades past my prediction. It's funny how life will send you down a different path sometimes. My "Old Sage" advice to you is this Be ready for anything but I suppose the Boy Scouts had the same idea with their motto of Be Prepared

What I'm saying is this, you might as well take care of the stuff you have at present because this old shell (your body) may have to take you a bit further than what you have estimated.

I will close with a phrase my grandmother used to say often. It doesn't make much sense at first (and even is quite funny) but when you really think about it.....it' true.

My grandmother used to say:

"You know, You never know!"

Word Grandma.