Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Nepsis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2018, 9:33 pm

Ever look around and see all these people getting into relationships and hitting all the usual steps in life and wonder, "What am I doing wrong?"

I'm 33. I think I'm okay looking, pretty average. I have a decent job. Some friends. I think I'm nice but not a pushover...

Why can't I get into a relationship? I don't want to try too hard...apparently that is being 'desparate'...but then if you do nothing, you're "not trying hard enough". It's very confusing.

I'm heart-broken too that there's a guy I like to whom I am very kind and we have a good friendship, but he is all about this girl who treats him like crap. I don't understand why so many people seem to prefer people who treat them quite poorly.

Should I start being more of a jerk, then I will find someone?

I don't want to be alone until I die.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2018, 5:53 pm

What worked for me, was finally deciding that I didn't need to be in a relationship, to be a 'whole' person. That I'd rather be single, than with the wrong guy. And if Cupid decided not to shoot me with his arrows, okay then.

Met the love of my life a month later. (We're divorced now, but were together 14 years.)

Not sure if that's helpful in your case, but maybe it's worth a try?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 6:12 am

alone seems horrible until the other possibilities are considered. there are far worse things than being alone. perspective.