Page 3 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2018, 10:28 am

It is a culture clash. Hair stylists and barbers make better tips by mastering small talk. Aspies don't want that.

What makes it even harder in that my social interaction is best with highly intelligent people in the upper middle class. I do great with teachers and other professionals.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 2:36 am

fifasy, I love your smiling face.

But since this is about hair... I too have a double crown at the back of my head and my hairdresser says this is not common. If my hair is cut short all over, it can look neat at the front but due to my crowns it's a mess at the back. So my hairdresser (I always go to the same one) makes sure my style is one where my hair is brushed over the crowns.

Gbgeorgia1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2018, 7:02 pm

I know I'd feel better in your situation with a wig, but a lot of men look great with less hair stars like Bruce Willis, Dwayne Johnson all rock the bald look.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 7:53 pm

Not everyone suits it though. Men with very prominent cheekbones can do it well, but it doesn't suit men without those kinds of features all that often.

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2018, 9:12 pm

fifasy wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Embrace it and shave it.

I am in the lucky position that I am only slightly receding but if it gets worse I will go for a bonehead

B19 wrote:
Your hair looks fine to me, quite attractive.

Fifasy also looks really familiar to me i.e someone famous but I can't think who. ( mind you I tend to do this with everyone )

Hopefully not Les Dennis. :wink:

I was reminded of a younger Mike Rowe.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2018, 6:42 am

^ That's another alternative. Start a hat collection.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2018, 8:47 am

What about a Tom Hiddleston or Lars Mikkleson hairdo. Accept the balding and sweep the hair back.

I can't figure out how to post images.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2018, 3:51 pm

right-click on a desired image, select "copy" - go into the WP post window, type "[.img] (leave out the . as I hadda put that in there to get this to display right) and then right-click the space after that and select "paste" and then type "[./img]" - that should work.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2018, 4:14 pm

Thanks.

Tom hiddleston scruffy hair. This is definitely a dude with a receding hairline.

Lars Mikkleson

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2018, 4:56 pm

i'm a big believer in the usefulness of Topix and GLH in limited amounts.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 6:06 am

Bah! You don't need a wig man! For men hair is a far less important aspect of who we are than women. This is not something we need to worry about at all. My advice would be to simply soak it every morning and comb it straight back and let the chips fall where they may, or in this case, the hairs.

:D

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2018, 1:21 pm

Glad I checked out a hairstylist before making an appointment. Long single flight of stairs to a room that had music blaring. Not exactly autism friendly.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 2:11 am

fifasy wrote:
My hair never seems to look stylish or attractive. Whatever I've ever done with it it's never looked like most people's. There are always tufts that stubbornly jut out, I've got a double crown at the back of my head and generally it just doesn't look very vibrant.

That's why I've ordered a high quality wig.

Anyone else always struggled with their hair?

I also have a double crown in the back. It's difficult to control for sure, but I feel adorable when my hair sticks up. I like it so much that I keep it short and properly disheveled. Personally, I think it plays well into my distracted-academic look.

I actually got made to put on a hat tonight because my grandmother with mild dementia couldn't stop fussing over trying to fix it at dinner :lol:

Even so, I like my hair. I hope you might come to like your hair as well.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 2:16 am

xatrix26 wrote:
Bah! You don't need a wig man! For men hair is a far less important aspect of who we are than women. This is not something we need to worry about at all. My advice would be to simply soak it every morning and comb it straight back and let the chips fall where they may, or in this case, the hairs.

:D

Hey, if his hair makes him feel anxious, that feeling is real, regardless of whether her is a man or woman. I do agree that society will care less if a man's hair is in a messy state though, to be sure.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 9:53 pm

Mine is turning grey and receding. The more it goes, the shorter I'll keep it cut. Oh well, can't do f**k all about it, no sense in worrying.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 9:56 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Mine is turning grey and receding. The more it goes, the shorter I'll keep it cut. Oh well, can't do f**k all about it, no sense in worrying.

well, at least you have one superb role model to emulate if you wish- the actor who played picard on star trek TNG absolutely rocks his baldness and well-preservedness. if you end up like him when you're that age, you would rock as well. :wtg: