Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 3:51 pm

Something with hands on contact with animals, like a shelter, sanctuary or conservation center.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 4:13 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
Something with hands on contact with animals, like a shelter, sanctuary or conservation center.

I had a volunteer job in college that was so fun and interesting working at the on campus wildlife rehab center. Injured raptors mainly would be sent there from all over the region since they had a vet school and surgical center on campus. I helped clean cages (owls, hawks and bald eagles mainly), feed the raptors with dead or live rodents and help catch and hold them for wing dressing changes and exams. Beautiful animals!

I held a red tailed hawk too close to my body after catching it to clean its cage and its talons punctured the flesh of my abdomen. I still have the scars but I didn't hold it against the hawk, it was my fault for not holding it away from me! My major was zoology that year but I did not stick with that major or that university.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2018, 7:47 am

Meaning job

Nice co-workers

Something I am not bad at, job skill

Not too much sensory overload, like angry customers

No customers, except maybe online

No loud music or noise, like firefighter

No extreme temperature, like fisherman Alaska

No heavy lifting, construction worker

Not too much repetition, boring

Not too much variety, adrenal fatigue

Wear whatever clothes you want

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2018, 5:29 pm

I honestly can't imagine something i wouldn't mess up. Maybe one-on-one foreign language teaching for adults. I'm no good with kids.

Adventure4U1
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Aug 2018, 9:46 am

Doing bookkeeping at home, like a hermit. That's my dream job. Crazy, huh?

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 1:39 pm

Self employment where I don't have to answer to anyone and can at the same time excel at that role.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

Babi dwr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Aug 2018, 1:49 pm

Id love to make a living as a sculptor or ceramicist with my own workshop/pottery

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 1:50 pm

be paid to make art!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 2:38 pm

man, if i got a nickel for every shitpost i made on discord

set for life right there

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Aug 2018, 10:43 pm

Winning the lottery and not working.

bluesky11
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Sep 2018, 11:15 am

ER doctor. You are excused for being short and to the point with patients. Don't have to maintain relationships with patients, they're in and out. You are the boss and so the other staff have to work around you. Never on call so your routine is never disrupted.

Plus medicine is a special interest of mine.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 7:27 pm

The job I'm in now is rather Aspie-friendly in my opinion. I work as a bus-cleaner at a local bus depot, and I do enjoy it. It's a rather laid-back place, not too much pressure, not too much multitasking, not too much social interaction (well I do like interacting with my coworkers but if you don't then you don't have to), you are self-sufficient (not bossed around too much, once you know where everything is and how the system works you can kind of be your own boss, and if you're unsure then you can always ask someone), not too many rules that overwhelm you, and the work is easy, predictable and repetitive, and buses are rather nice things to clean because you are not cleaning around people, and once you've cleaned a bus you've got nobody to make a mess after you, as the next time the bus will be in use is the next day. Ignore the stereotypes about buses always being dirty with puke to clean up. Finding puke on a bus is actually rare where I work. The worst I find is gum stuck to the floor or the back of seats.

But besides cleaning buses, I'd like to work somewhere where you sort out donations, except you get paid (unlike charity work). There are bins where you can donate things like toys, ornaments, books, etc, and they get sent to different places like homeless shelters, hospitals, and poor countries, etc. Somebody has to sort them out somewhere, and I'd like to do that. Imagine having a desk in a small room with a window facing the street or fields, with a small friendly group of coworkers to chat to, as you sort through bags of all different stuff people have thrown away, not knowing what you might find. And there's no deadline to get X amount of bags sorted, as bags come in all the time and you just sort through as many as you can until your shift ends.

Or I'd like to work in a shop selling teddy bears and other soft toys.

endersdragon34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Sep 2018, 7:51 pm

Seeing as how I am not in law school I am going to pivot to that and say work at some nonprofit that helps autistics people fight systematic issues.

inkgirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Sep 2018, 7:14 pm

Independent illustrator/graphic designer. I'd work from home, preferably in the rural countryside. I'd get to draw all day and not interact with people!

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2018, 1:32 pm

Doing nothing while making money. Being a professional couch sitter and tv watcher.

Fuzzyair
Toucan
Toucan

21 Sep 2018, 7:33 am

I would like to be a vet, an author or a singer :)