Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 8:33 am

Great news! I enjoyed reading about your reaction when he was born. :heart:

It reminded me of my husband’s reaction when he first saw our son. My husband spent his whole adult life up until not wanting children, but he changed his mind instantly at that moment.

FYI since I just read your other posts- our son is NT and my husband is an aspie. They are best friends. Also-in many places it is somewhat easier to adopt autistic kids than NT. But just enjoy this little one for awhile-you have plenty of time!

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 9:18 am

Arevelion wrote:
Yes it was very traumatic for her, both mentally in physically. She's in a lot of pain at the moment, but both of us take heart in the fact that the baby is great health. the nurses tell me eats (suckles) alot for a new born.

I'm so, so sorry about the complication and further surgery and its... costs. And it may be much too soon to say this, and I absolutely am not trying to diminish the pain you are both feeling over the... costs... but let a quiet voice say to both of you, when it feels like the time is right: they saved her life. She is here to hold and mother her child. That had to be a hard, hard decision for them, and for both of you, but she is here. She is here.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 6:25 am

If you go ahead with researching adoption can you tell us how that goes, the process, where you started from, all

that sort of thing. I expect you'll need a rest first.

Congrats on the little person.