Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Arevelion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2018, 7:45 pm

My son was born today, healthy as far as anyone can tell, but my wife's uterus had to be removed because of excessive bleeding. This will be her first and last pregnancy....i don't know why I am telling people this...

I just am.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2018, 7:57 pm

Sorry about what your wife went through.

5 pounds 15 ounces isn't really that small. I was 5 pounds 12 ounces at birth.

Congratulations. I hope your wife recovers smoothly.

I sometimes wish I had a baby of my own.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2018, 8:07 pm

Wow. Congratulations that you have a healthy baby. My son was 5 pounds 11 ounces.

The delivery sounds like it must have been very traumatic. She’ll certainly need time to recover, enjoy the baby she has, and also grieve if you both had been intending on having more children.

Be as patient as you can. The flux of hormones after delivery can really wreak havoc on a woman’s emotions. I was an emotional mess the first couple of weeks after I gave birth.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2018, 8:21 pm

Congratulations! Having a baby must be great. I'm sorry for your wife and sending her best wishes to a quick recovery.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2018, 8:50 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your wife but I hope the amazing event of the birth of your son is something you can rejoice in. Congratulations, Mom and Dad!! !

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 9:13 am

Congrats!

Sorry about your wife’s complication. That sounds traumatic. :(

Arevelion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2018, 6:15 pm

Yes it was very traumatic for her, both mentally in physically. She's in a lot of pain at the moment, but both of us take heart in the fact that the baby is great health. the nurses tell me eats (suckles) alot for a new born.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 6:21 pm

Arevelion wrote:
Yes it was very traumatic for her, both mentally in physically. She's in a lot of pain at the moment, but both of us take heart in the fact that the baby is great health. the nurses tell me eats (suckles) alot for a new born.

Make sure she’s open with the nurses about how she feels. They might be able to make her more comfortable - mentally and physically.

She might want to address her traumatic delivery in counseling of some sort. It would be a lot for anyone to go through.

It’s great that the baby is eating well. That’s a very good sign.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 6:24 pm

Childbirth can be a rough deal for many women.

She's lucky to have you at her side.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 6:44 pm

I am sure this is a very emotional time for you, with both intense joy and sadness. You may feel, in the interest of being protective of your wife, that you can't fully express everything to her or your family. Boards can be good for times like that.

Allow yourself to feel. There is no right or wrong way to feel when life hands you such a mixed bag of joy and pain. Go through whatever it will be that you need to.

Congratulations on the birth of your son. Having a newborn is a wonderful - but also crazy - time. Cherish it.

elsapelsa
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2018, 11:07 am

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going? How are you and your wife finding it all?

Arevelion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Aug 2018, 7:42 pm

elsapelsa wrote:
Hi, just checking in to see how things are going? How are you and your wife finding it all?

My wife is...recovering. The operation was a shock to her whole system. The Dr's say she shouldn't be lifting more than ten pounds as there is a risk the will reopen her stitches. As for having more children, well she is looking into surrogacy and adoption. She has always wanted to have more than one child, so it's important to her.

The good news to all this is that we both love the new baby. He is absolutely beautiful, and I am so glad he is with us. I had all kinds of thoughts running in my head about what would happen, but when I saw him born, my heart stopped and so did my mind. I love taking care him now. I feel so close already.

Anyway, thank you for checking on us.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2018, 7:44 am

Good to hear the baby is healthy & your wife is recovering. :)

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2018, 9:20 am

Congratulations!
Anyway, I vote for adoption.
Remember not to overlook the disabled kids of any kind.
If you live in the us, this can be a good resource and lead you to other resources.
https://www.adoptuskids.org/

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2018, 4:26 pm

Arevelion wrote:
elsapelsa wrote:

My wife is...recovering. The operation was a shock to her whole system. The Dr's say she shouldn't be lifting more than ten pounds as there is a risk the will reopen her stitches. As for having more children, well she is looking into surrogacy and adoption. She has always wanted to have more than one child, so it's important to her.

The good news to all this is that we both love the new baby. He is absolutely beautiful, and I am so glad he is with us. I had all kinds of thoughts running in my head about what would happen, but when I saw him born, my heart stopped and so did my mind. I love taking care him now. I feel so close already.

Anyway, thank you for checking on us.

So awesome to hear your wife is recovering and that you're loving being a DAD!

You settled right into it. That's equally great.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2018, 4:57 pm

Congratulations.