Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 7:19 pm

I think most people are conservative in some areas, liberal in others.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

samuraivader
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jul 2018, 10:42 pm

I think the definition depends of the country and the time, but in general a conservative is someone who believe in 'tradition' and a liberal is someone who believes in 'revolution'.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2018, 9:34 am

I don't agree with the "revolution" part. I believe the word "change" would be more appropriate.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2018, 11:20 am

"WhaT You MaY NoT UNderSTanD iS
TeAM LiGHT WinS BotH WaYS
YeS RosE GRoWS BotH WaYS"

Def of Liberal: Leading the Parade
Def of Conservative: Raining on the Parade oF LoVE

In other words, it's all Just a Balance of Different Human Personalities.
Those who Win use it all to their Advantage. Those who lose get stuck in the Weeds of Difference.

Yes, overall, by Very 'Science Definition" of Liberal and Conservative Still at core of Human Nature this in totality
means those who Easily adapt to Change and are not Disgusted By Difference tend to Move out of 'the Caves'
of Arts And Sciences and Lead Human Progress; Duh, that's why they name folks like me 'Progressive'. Seriously,
all of Life is either Muse or not. Those who use either Dark muse of Closed Minds and Bodies And Light Muse
of Open Minds and Bodies equally now have double the Advantage in all things life. In other Words, Sleep with
Your Enemies and Friends as metaphor only of course to avoid communicable disease. In other words, too,
Keep an Appropriate Distance from 'Both', so you stay in Balance too. It's like Floating on Land; so much Fun!

A Leading Edge of Social Science per this Conservative Verses Liberal 'Conundrum' is linked
below by Social Scientist, Jonathan Haidt; Fair and Balanced as 'them' or 'us' says too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs41JrnGaxc

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

samuraivader

28 Jul 2018, 1:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't agree with the "revolution" part. I believe the word "change" would be more appropriate.

My english is not perfect, maybe you are right.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 1:33 pm

Conservative: f**k everybody else; I've got my piece of the pie. Others don't have their piece of the pie because they're not working hard enough
Liberal: A person has no control over what environment they're born into. Each of us is the same regardless of one's sex, nationality or social status. A recognition that ALL people are what makes this country great; not just the one born into a favorable environment

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 2:15 pm

Aspinator wrote:
Conservative: f**k everybody else; I've got my piece of the pie. Others don't have their piece of the pie because they're not working hard enough
Liberal: A person has no control over what environment they're born into. Each of us is the same regardless of one's sex, nationality or social status. A recognition that ALL people are what makes this country great; not just the one born into a favorable environment

A question just popped into my head for anyone to respond to:

What if a person was able bodied and capable of working but decided not to because they found pursuing their own activities of leisure to be more pleasurable? Should society pay for that person's room and board? Why or why not?

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 2:33 pm

Nothing is 100%. You'll find people on both sides trying to get over and beat the system.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 3:07 pm

Aspinator wrote:
Nothing is 100%. You'll find people on both sides trying to get over and beat the system.

That doesn't answer my question.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 3:27 pm

Magma, evidentially all you want to do is argue. I'm not taking the bait. Nothing will change my mind and nothing will change yours so what's the point?