Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Gbgeorgia1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jul 2018, 3:35 am

Am I the only one? I don’t feel I can do anything right, because there is lots of other things to think about when With people.

Slug on a Bike
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jul 2018, 8:13 am

By definition

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 8:18 am

Gbgeorgia1 wrote:
Am I the only one? I don’t feel I can do anything right, because there is lots of other things to think about when With people.

I’m one too. :heart:

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 9:41 am

People trigger me into doing all sorts of craziness, so I prefer being alone. I feel saner that way.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 9:44 am

I feel everybody here, at one time or another, has difficulty coping with people.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jul 2018, 3:47 pm

I was misanthropic for a while due to bulling, getting screwed over by society in various ways, & due to thinking of them as mostly caring about popularity. I didn't feel that way anymore after learning about Aspergers & how to better deal with things, & my depression & frustration in life lifting. I think I was playing the blame game.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 4:06 pm

Gbgeorgia1 wrote:

Can you elaborate on what you mean by: "because there are lots of other things to think about when with people."?

Does your mind race? You're young at 21. When I was young teenager my mind raced at light speed from thought to thought and never stopped when I was awake. I remember asking my 18 year old girlfriend when I was 15 what she was thinking at that very moment one night when we were on the phone together. She answered "nothing" and I was incredulous. How could that even have been possible? In the time I'd asked her that question I'd already probably had half a dozen chain related thoughts. Thankfully through age my brain "calmed down" for the most part but I'm nearly always "somewhere else" when others are conversing with me.

Do you mean it's hard for you to focus on conversation because your mind is "somewhere else"?

Gbgeorgia1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jul 2018, 5:21 pm

Magna wrote:
Gbgeorgia1 wrote:

Can you elaborate on what you mean by: "because there are lots of other things to think about when with people."?

Does your mind race? You're young at 21. When I was young teenager my mind raced at light speed from thought to thought and never stopped when I was awake. I remember asking my 18 year old girlfriend when I was 15 what she was thinking at that very moment one night when we were on the phone together. She answered "nothing" and I was incredulous. How could that even have been possible? In the time I'd asked her that question I'd already probably had half a dozen chain related thoughts. Thankfully through age my brain "calmed down" for the most part but I'm nearly always "somewhere else" when others are conversing with me.

Do you mean it's hard for you to focus on conversation because your mind is "somewhere else"?

Yes that is exactly what happens to me, I am thinking about how cold or warm it is,what he or she might be thinking about me that moment, if anyone noticed if I said something odd.
Sometimes I get these thoughts that are almost telling me to do things and I have no control over and I am scared that it will happen and I don't feel myself.
All of this causes a regular headache and makes things worse.
I just wish I could get help but nothing has helped, tried tablets to therapy.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 7:15 pm

Certain people only care about popularity.....I avoid those. The rest of the NTs are cool.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 7:19 pm

If a person doesn’t like my Inner Wolf, Tough Nuggies!

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 8:18 pm

Dealing with people is just too exhausting most of the time. They are too complicated. I'd rather be with my cats.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 8:59 pm

Yes.

But not much about what they think and do per se, or who they are -- as a human person first, with their expectations, thoughts, feelings, preferences, or even their names. I don't 'cope' with what's in them.

It's their presence. Physical presence. As a human body first moving about. To me, if I shift on how take account of things this way, it counts as an occupied space that I have to avoid, like how I must avoid bumping to a pole. Except human behavior can interfere and unpredictable, unlike objects.

Their physical presence and behavior itself is more jarring to me, than themselves as people with thoughts and feelings.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2018, 2:44 am

People are too complicated. I often just say nothing and get on with my day hoping to be left alone.

CannibalCorpse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jul 2018, 2:52 am

Gbgeorgia1 wrote:

No, I am the same. I can't cope, I can't deal with them and it makes it really hard to find a job I spend more than a couple of months.
I just get upset how incompetent they are in every way and how they get those well paying jobs???
For example when I was divorcing I had to do every step twice because of idiots. I had to make an oath that I was telling the truth and they lost the paper I signed in front of the clerk!
I lost my housing benefit as the idiot put one of my surnames one form and put my other surname on another form. It hasn't occured to him that I have 2 surnames and I'm using both at the same time, so I got the letter, accusing me with fraud.
Latest thing, finally I bought a very good laptop online, finally I could afford it and the idiots sent a wrong one, half as powerful comparing to what I ordered and I have the invoice.

Most of the time I just don't want to deal with them, I just want to be alone in my own bubble.