Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2018, 1:29 pm

run-time: 4:49

In a nutshell Bret Weinstein explains both his progressive stance and how he sees the left and right, their functions, and what they both need to do in order to carry the world forward productively.

A lot of people may be familiar with him already, I decided to post this because it's bite-sized (less than five minutes) and gives a good sense of what his thoughts are on what left and right essentially are as well as what style of thinking is behind his longer talks and lectures.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

traven
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 12:48 am

Bret, ok to me although and but...show's you can be larely blind a long time, that's also from having a 'career' and a life that comes with it
but i'm tired of all the academics who want to be paid by their listeners
## i call it the 'church's' donate button, asking for money to hide the fact you're well funded already
(well i can see, but it creates another wall around money and information or infotainment)
(as i was excluded already it seems wrong, but i see the whole net's going "gated community")

Let me drag this in, complementairy left-right
The Shadow Has Been Cast

as long as "intellectual copyrights" is in the arena
money will be the place to trap "intellectual", or thought
eventually it cannot be or
all becomes "accountable"
to the stockholder of any given activity in the mind

somewhat that's like the music-dynasties? why doesn't the content belongs to those who bought that already, no you must pay again their children, really?

it's a stockholder held world concept, dooming the future
free thought isn't paid-think-subscription

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 6:32 am

TY - I'll take a look.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin