Men Like a Mystery....Some Anyway

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 3:09 pm

No. That's worse than what I did!! I was just a little over affectionate.

Woah. I'll just text him and invite him out again and see if he says yes. He can only say no.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 3:11 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
You guys out there prefer mystery or do you prefer not having to guess when dating?

I prefer someone who can communicate and is direct. That doesn't mean I need to know everything right away, but I think if people are chasing mystery, they'd rather fall for a fantasy than get to know someone real.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 4:41 pm

No!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 5:37 pm

No I don’t like mystery

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 7:13 pm

Faking tears sounds like a pretty good way to make everyone stop trusting you sooner or later, including yourself, because you'll end up not knowing what emotions are real, if any.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Aug 2018, 5:44 am

Part of the reason I think I blew chances with NT girls is because they were very indirect with me & I misinterpreted them. I think lots of women like guys who do the mystery thing too. I'm just too direct & straightforward for NT women to like me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 6:21 am

Maybe being direct is a sign of stupidity to them. I used to believe it was, so I tried to be indirect, though, of course, not in dating situations, since I've never been in anything remotely like that. I was no good at it, anyway; it was yet another of the many time-wasting and abuse-inviting behaviors I learned growing up.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Aug 2018, 6:25 am

Spiderpig wrote:
Maybe being direct is a sign of stupidity to them. I used to believe it was, so I tried to be indirect, though, of course, not in dating situations, since I've never been in anything remotely like that. I was no good at it, anyway; it was yet another of the many time-wasting and abuse-inviting behaviors I learned growing up.
I kind of think being indirect is a sign of stupidity. The stereotyped dumb blond is not know for being direct. I think people are indirect when they are unsure of something.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 6:42 am

Magna wrote:
If you want something, tell me what it is.

No, I'll just send it mind-to-mind.

Magna wrote:
If you feel a certain way, tell me how you feel.

You would just know as that goes through automatically mind-to-mind.

Magna wrote:
If you're not happy or not feeling well, tell me why.

No need. You'd notice.

Magna wrote:
If you're daydreaming about us doing a certain activity together because you think it'd be romantic, tell me what that daydream is.

It will come all by itself as part of your inner voice.

Magna wrote:
All of the above I would consider to be communication.

Yes, but none of it requires talking.

Magna wrote:
If you're upset about something I've said or I've done, even if you're not ready to tell me in the moment and you have to stew for awhile, tell me what was wrong at some point. I will barely ever figure it out on my own.

You will get to know it anyway, and pester me until I tell you why. Nonverbally, of course. This is also part of the reason why it is so effective NOT to do this with talking. I'd be reluctant to tell somebody verbally why I'm angry, but the mind-to-mind link doesn't care if I want to tell or not. It's simply a very efficient conflict detection & resolving tool.

But notice that the way I would do this with somebody I had a mind-to-mind connection with is very different from how an NT would do it, so I couldn't handle any of it with an NT.

Last edited by rdos on 21 Aug 2018, 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 6:45 am

Ha! I sure as hell don't want a mystery. I want someone who's direct in their interest towards me. If somebody plays hard to get I'll just assume they're not interested in me at all.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 6:49 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
Ha! I sure as hell don't want a mystery. I want someone who's direct in their interest towards me. If somebody plays hard to get I'll just assume they're not interested in me at all.

I thrive on mystery, but I hate it when somebody plays hard to get. That's just off-putting.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 6:53 am

“Playing hard to get” is rather similar to what women do if they want to demur on direct social intercourse with a man by keeping their distance.

Rather like “the crush from afar.”

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 7:05 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
“Playing hard to get” is rather similar to what women do if they want to demur on direct social intercourse with a man by keeping their distance.

Rather like “the crush from afar.”

That version of it is ok. :lol:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 11:24 am

rdos wrote:
Magna wrote:

Magna wrote:

Magna wrote:

No need. You'd notice.

Magna wrote:
If you're daydreaming about us doing a certain activity together because you think it'd be romantic, tell me what that daydream is.

Magna wrote:

Magna wrote:
If you're upset about something I've said or I've done, even if you're not ready to tell me in the moment and you have to stew for awhile, tell me what was wrong at some point. I will barely ever figure it out on my own.

You will get to know it anyway, and pester me until I tell you why. Nonverbally, of course. This is also part of the reason why it is so effective NOT to do this with talking. I'd be reluctant to tell somebody verbally why I'm angry, but the mind-to-mind link doesn't care if I want to tell or not. It's simply a very efficient conflict detection & resolving tool.

But notice that the way I would do this with somebody I had a mind-to-mind connection with is very different from how an NT would do it, so I couldn't handle any of it with an NT.

To me this just sounds like a lazy cop out. You don't feel comfortable discussing important things so you chicken out and put it down to some airy fairy mind meld crap.

Humans aren't psychic. There is no such thing as ESP.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 12:24 pm

I don't have patience for the mystery BS. If the girl doesn't at the very least send off some signals that she is interested, I won't go forward with anything.

Also, the water works is bs. Several girls have tried doing this to me, and I have yet to fall for it.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 12:36 pm

rdos wrote:
Magna wrote:

Magna wrote:

Magna wrote:

No need. You'd notice.

Magna wrote:

Magna wrote:

Magna wrote:

Are you being sarcastic? I don't understand what you're saying.