What kind of easy jobs can people with autiusm get

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 11:27 am

Not only that....but it's a useful job, too.

Somebody has to do it. (I don't mean that in a bad way).

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 11:49 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Not only that....but it's a useful job, too.

Somebody has to do it. (I don't mean that in a bad way).

I know. :)

Some people might say "not much of a career!" but, like you said, somebody's got to do it. If nobody did it, then there would be lots of complaints about dirty buses!

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 12:01 pm

I used to think that the sign painters I knew had secure jobs, and then the robotic vinyl cutters arrived. A bus cleaning robot is probably a few years off, but currently, all of Western Canada is losing inter-city bus service entirely, and the Uber drivers don't hire cleaners.

Last edited by Dear_one on 30 Jul 2018, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 12:07 pm

If the uber drivers don't hire cleaners, wouldn't the buses or whatever be very dirty?

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 12:10 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If the uber drivers don't hire cleaners, wouldn't the buses or whatever be very dirty?

No, like taxi drivers, they clean their own cars.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 12:14 pm

Cars, I can understand. Buses, though, are pretty hard to clean quickly.

I guess I should research whether they have Uber buses now...

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 3:26 pm

Factory jobs are usually pretty easy. Really repetitive tasks.

green0star wrote:
I know someone who's basically like a "telemarketer" of some sort where she talks on the phone as her job.

I did that for a while, part-time. It was easy, but I hated the fact that I was scamming people.

sithwitch
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jul 2018, 4:23 pm

I concur with the suggestions for STEM careers. I work as a software engineer. From a socializing perspective, I find it very easy. There are days where I can go into work and not have to do much talking to anyone the entire day. There are even opportunities to put on my headphones and block out all the distractions. When I do interact with co-workers, its all contextualized around shared interests in computers. When I have to talk to clients, I can get awkward, but the conversations are typically centered around subjects I'm knowledgeable about or at least familiar with. You can find yourself in a big extended family of socially awkward nerds and geeks all working on computers. Though I've also had my fair share of jobs that were too overwhelming.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 5:45 pm

Dear_one wrote:
I used to think that the sign painters I knew had secure jobs, and then the robotic vinyl cutters arrived. A bus cleaning robot is probably a few years off, but currently, all of Western Canada is losing inter-city bus service entirely, and the Uber drivers don't hire cleaners.

We have machines that clean the outside of buses, but my job is to clean inside the buses; checking down the sides of the seats for litter, cleaning the driver's cabin area, wiping down the poles, cleaning the inside windows, scrubbing in the corners and under the seats, and sweeping and mopping the floor. Each shift we thorough-clean two or three buses (yes it takes a whole 4-5-hour shift to thoroughly spring-clean 2 or 3 buses), and when all buses have had their turn of being cleaned, we start over again, so practically no bus gets neglected. It takes about 3 weeks to a month to get all buses done. But it still maintains cleanliness, although buses typically get dirty inside during that time, it's still a good system. All buses have to be swept every night, but one of the other cleaners does that job. My job is to thorough-clean 2-3 buses at a time. If the person who sweeps is absent, then I sweep out all the buses, which doesn't bother me (just gives me backache).

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 5:56 pm

I'd find it easy to do office-based jobs; if it weren't for office politics, social goings and open-plan environments.

I'd find it easy to do cleaning jobs; if it weren't for lack of vacancies, the need to relocate and local immigration issues.

I'd find it easy to do stock control jobs; if it weren't for extending the job to the shop floor to build rapport with customers and boost sales.

I'd find it easy to do software testing jobs; if it weren't for rigorous interviews, need for a spotless career record, experience and a degree in computer science.

I'd find it easy to do IT tech support jobs; if it weren't for people already knowing what to do via the internet.

Hate to be a downer but this is the harsh reality I face upon doing much research. No such thing as easy in this world.