Mass shooting in New Orleans believed gang related

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2018, 6:14 pm

Sources: New Orleans gang associate the apparent target in deadly 10-victim shooting

Quote:
he target of a shooting rampage Saturday night that left three people dead and seven others injured outside a strip mall on South Claiborne Avenue was fleeing his attackers across Louisiana Avenue and into a large group of people before he fell in front of the Chicken & Watermelon eatery, according to the owner of the business.

“He ran into a crowd of people,” said Skipper Nicholas, who said he reviewed video footage of the shooting Saturday night. “I think he probably thought, ‘If I run by the people, they won’t shoot me.’ He just got everybody shot.”

That victim was Jeremiah Lee, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the case.

Multiple sources in law enforcement added that Lee, about 30, was believed to be an associate of the notorious 3NG street gang from Central City.

On Sunday, the New Orleans Police Department confirmed investigators have obtained evidence suggesting the shooting was gang related.

A second man killed Saturday night was named Kurshaw “Twin” Jackson, 38, who lived in the neighborhood, according to Dorothy Bailey, who identified herself as Jackson’s aunt and returned to the shooting scene Sunday morning.

Law enforcement sources said Lee appears to have been the target of the two shooters. The two wore hooded sweatshirts and fired repeatedly into the crowd before fleeing on foot toward Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.

The NOPD has not released any victims’ names or identified any suspects.

Chief Michael Harrison has said the killers stood over one victim in particular after the opening volley of gunshots outside the strip mall at the intersection of Louisiana and South Claiborne Avenues. Nicholas, the owner of the chicken shop, said that victim was the person others identified as Lee.

Nicholas, who estimated the crowd outside at about 20 people when the gunfire erupted, described how the two assailants stood over the man identified as Lee and fired at him repeatedly.

He also said that a young female who was killed lay nearby in front of a Cricket phone store. Her identity was unknown Sunday.

The third fatal shooting victim ran around the corner down Louisiana Avenue. Bailey said she made the identification of Jackson to police Saturday night.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 1:53 pm

Chicken & Watermelon eatery? In a black neighborhood? This article had to have been made up!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 2:11 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
Chicken & Watermelon eatery? In a black neighborhood? This article had to have been made up!

Looks that way but apparently not http://www.boogiebird.com/