Do NT's spend all their time socializing and hating Aspies?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

rick42
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jul 2018, 11:08 am

It seems to me NT's,even the most introverted NT people,and even NT people with other Neurological conditions besides Autism and Asperger's spend all of their time socializing and when every single time a Aspie tries to start a Conversation with them,it's always something like"get away from me","I'm too busy","back off","you're a freak",you're not worth talking to" along with other things like that,and no this isn't a teenagers thing. NT(non AS/ASD) people do same thing towards Aspies in their 20s,30s, 40s and even older as well.To me,NT people are same,whether if they are extroverted,introverted or NT'S with other Neurological conditions.They dislike Aspies. They don't try to get to know Aspies because we're awkward. They judge Aspies for no reason.They expect for us to so perfect,but yet they make mistakes.They criticize Aspies,no matter what Aspies do.I also believe that Aspies are superior in many ways considering what we go through, and the fact we don't need any friendships or romantic relationships like everyone else do,including people with other Neurological conditions besides AS/ASD,whether it's becasue we don't have the desire to or it's becasue we simply just decided to not try anymore after getting rejected so much.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 12:09 pm

Are you ranting because of a bad experience that recently happened to you?

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 12:41 pm

Sorry to hear that you're frustrated. I've wished countless times that I knew why others can connect with each other in a group setting but I can't.

I'm convinced it's more than an eye contact, vocal inflection, smiling too little, choosing what you say wisely, gesturing too much or too little, etc. All of those things can be practiced to at least a modicum of effectiveness. I'm wondering if there isn't something to this "aura" or "vibe" stuff. I swear I can act like others around me, I can try to fit in and be relaxed around others and no matter what I do, the NTs are engaged with each other and I'm on the periphery; figuratively speaking as well - as in, even when I am in on the conversations and I'm contributing in a meaningful way still there must be some sort of energy I give off that repels people to a degree. It's an absolute mystery to me.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 5:05 pm

Humans are social animals, people who don't meet their standards will be Pariahs.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 5:15 pm

I know how you feel. No matter how hard I try not to be weird, people still think I'm weird and don't want to get to know me. Having a weird voice certainly doesn't help my case.

rick42
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jul 2018, 5:41 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Are you ranting because of a bad experience that recently happened to you?

Yes.In fact this has been my whole life ever since I was a little kid.I get ignored by peers,tho get criticized when I decide myself to ignore peers.People don't even try to get to know me before they decided to bully me or judge me.Even family members did this. When I was a child,I would ask my cousins "I can hang out with you",and they are all said no,however my cousins did hangout with each other when they were children.Even with my siblings,they didn't want to hangout with me ether when I was a child.Both of my siblings are NT(tho one of my siblings have ADHD).People would say things to me such as "get away from me","I'm too busy","You're boring" "stop standing so close to me",even when I not standing close to them,"you're not worth talking to" along with many things.Heck,even when it comes to the Aspies I met in real life,A lot of them rejected me as well,tho not nearly as harsh.I would even get rejected by Aspie women when it comes to dates.So yes I am frustrated,but at the same I am so used to being rejected by everyone,I feel it's not worth even trying to build relationships with people anymore.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 7:16 pm

Some my best friends in life have been other Aspies. They are direct and honest and loyal and those are the qualities that I cherish. They can talk your arm off on subjects that they are interested in so you have to exercise a bit of patience sometime but they make good lifelong friends.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 8:59 am

You may think you are doing all those things right.....you're still somewhat off and NTs pick up on that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 9:18 am

Most NT's really couldn't care less, to be truthful.

Most don't even know what an Aspie is.....

There is a certain scorn for those who don't quite "fit in," though---especially amongst younger people.

rick42
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jul 2018, 10:58 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Most NT's really couldn't care less, to be truthful.

Most don't even know what an Aspie is.....

There is a certain scorn for those who don't quite "fit in," though---especially amongst younger people.

Seems like you have a far different experience than I do.Seem like to me that every single non AS/ASD person hate people on the AS/ASD spectrum.I haven't met a single NT person(non family member) who wasn't a jerk or rejected me before trying get to know me.Far as fitting in, every single non AS/ASD person will fit in some way,regardless if they have other neurological disorders/conditions because they are not nearly as hated as Aspies. Like someone with Schizophrenia would still be liked some people. People would try to get to know them and maybe be friends with them.Same with people with Bi Polar Disorder.Those people are not well liked,but atleast people try to get to know them before rejecting them.Same or better with people with other Neurological disorders/conditions.NT have a hated for people with Autism and Aspergers. However over the last few weeks after so many bad experiences with NT's,I no longer care that NT hate people with AS/ASD becasue I dislike them as well considering they spend all of their time socializing,partying(if they're in their 20s and early to mid 30s), and look down or hate AS/ASD people. Personally we as Aspies are a far different,more logical (and superior) people than NT people anyway.

Last edited by rick42 on 31 Jul 2018, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 11:22 am

I was pretty well scorned when I went to school. I was an "outcast amongst the outcasts."

It had nothing to do with me being autistic. It had to do with the fact that I reacted in a funny way when somebody would bother me; that I didn't fit in with anybody as far as clothes were concerned; and that I "mumbled" when I wanted to say something to someone (owing to shyness).

If somebody would act like Sheldon Cooper (a stereotypical Aspie), I am sure most people would dislike him. I don't really like him myself. He's a person who has an air of "superiority" about him. And he readily scorns those he thinks are "beneath" him.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 2:18 pm

Sheldon is an a$$hole......

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2018, 1:32 am

I'm an introverted aspie, and yet even I tend to do poorly when I don't have enough social interaction.

BobaTea
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Aug 2018, 1:40 am

I think NT's/Aspies tend to criticize each other

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2018, 1:44 pm

rick42, you have some extreme thinking such as "NTs hate Aspies" etc. I think you need to work with a psychotherapist who can help you see others in a more realistic light. I assure you, NTs are more concerned with other things than hating some Aspie. They are concerned with whether they bought the right shoes, whether their in-laws like them, what to do for their children's birthday party, how their fantasy football team is doing, etc.

Please be cautious not to continue this train of thought into another NT-bashing one, for which you have already been warned elsewhere.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2018, 2:25 pm

rick42 wrote:
Personally we as Aspies are a far different,more logical (and superior) people than NT people anyway.

I agree Aspies are different & I do find them logical more often than not, but I don’t agree that Aspies are superior to other humans. From what I’ve read, observed, & experienced Aspies have uneven skill sets: excelling exponentially one area, while being delayed or impaired in another. I’m no expert though.