Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Do you take psychiatric medication such as anti-anxiety, anti-depressant or anti-psychotic pills?
Yes 62%  62%  [ 26 ]
No 38%  38%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 42

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 3:40 pm

I have never taken any form of psychiatric medication.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 3:49 pm

Not anymore- since this January. I am willing to take better care of myself than I was previously, including exercise.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 4:31 pm

Other than occasional pure CBD oil and nutritional supplements, I take nothing at all. NO meds of any kind. Not even over the counter ones. Even when I go to the hospital I tell them to give me nothing. I try to be as holistic as possible. I like feeling my anxiety and depressions when they come. I want to experience them completely. That is how I get through them. I cannot have the edge taken off of them or have them numbed out. I need to experience the pain and all of the sensations in order to be able to get through them no matter how painful or hard it is.

Wreck It Ralph

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 5:38 pm

There is nothing wrong with taking medication. I take some, and I’m not “numb” or a “zombie.” Sometimes the edge needs to be taken off so you can work through the pain. Coping skills are not going to help all that much if you’re having severe anxiety/panic attacks.

Besides the daily ones I take, I also have some I can take as needed for panic attacks. Although I don’t need them all the time, it helps me to know that they’re there if I need them.

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 5:49 pm

No. I self medicate with mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine. Both work as potent analgesics and anxiolytics. It basically turns me into a NT for six hours.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 6:15 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
There is nothing wrong with taking medication. I take some, and I’m not “numb” or a “zombie.” Sometimes the edge needs to be taken off so you can work through the pain. Coping skills are not going to help all that much if you’re having severe anxiety/panic attacks.

Besides the daily ones I take, I also have some I can take as needed for panic attacks. Although I don’t need them all the time, it helps me to know that they’re there if I need them.
I have complete respect for anyone who needs to take meds and if they help the people that take them, I have no issues with that. But for me personally, I cannot get through severe anxiety/panic attacks or deep suicidal depressions unless I feel every single thing that I am going through. That is just how I am.

Wreck It Ralph

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2018, 4:42 pm

I don't take anything nor do I really need to for the most part.

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Aug 2018, 7:09 pm

No I don't, but I say take it if that's what you need to get to keep you safe.

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2018, 6:11 pm

I have been taking Prozac since the beginning of this year.