Dated guy with ASD, should I reach out?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Tala_mul
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Aug 2018, 7:38 pm

Hello everyone I’m looking for a ghosting situation I’m dealing with. I also apologize I’m new to this as well. The guy I’m dating has Aspergers and I’m not sure how to go about this.

The last day we hung out together he seemed stressed out and he wasn’t as affectionate. But we still spent the day together and caught up on a show we’ve been watching. He even asked me to come over that day. The next day I sent him a text and I expressed how much I appreciated him and told him that I liked him. I didn’t get a response after that. A week after I sent that text I checked in and asked how he was, then finally a last text letting him know that I hoped he was okay and to text me whenever.

It’s been two months now. And the answer should be clear. But I have this itching feeling that I should reach out one more time. He also still has my video game too and I don’t know if I should use that as an opportunity to open up a conversation.

TLDR: Dating guy for 3 months everything was fine until I sent a text about how I felt. Seeing if I should reach out.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2018, 7:50 pm

One of the traits of Aspies is that they tend to be honest, very direct, and speak their minds. He may not know he is ghosting you. So meet him and get your video game back. Explain to him how you feel and your concerns. Just be honest and direct. He may not respond well to criticism. Explain to him that you are not criticizing him but that you would like to know where you stand.

Tala_mul
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Aug 2018, 8:12 pm

jimmy m wrote:
One of the traits of Aspies is that they tend to be honest, very direct, and speak their minds. He may not know he is ghosting you. So meet him and get your video game back. Explain to him how you feel and your concerns. Just be honest and direct. He may not respond well to criticism. Explain to him that you are not criticizing him but that you would like to know where you stand.

I haven’t texted him in two months. I’m wondering if it’s okay to open up a conversation now? I’m also wondering why he hasn’t texted me?

The last message I sent him didn’t have a tone of criticism or anger just concern. If anything I’d like to start over again with him.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2018, 9:37 am

He has your video game. Taking it back doesn't mean that you are breaking up with him. It is an excuse to see him in person and find out what is happening between the two of you.

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2018, 9:45 am

Tala_mul wrote:
Hello everyone I’m looking for a ghosting situation I’m dealing with. I also apologize I’m new to this as well. The guy I’m dating has Aspergers and I’m not sure how to go about this.

The last day we hung out together he seemed stressed out and he wasn’t as affectionate. But we still spent the day together and caught up on a show we’ve been watching. He even asked me to come over that day. The next day I sent him a text and I expressed how much I appreciated him and told him that I liked him. I didn’t get a response after that. A week after I sent that text I checked in and asked how he was, then finally a last text letting him know that I hoped he was okay and to text me whenever.

It’s been two months now. And the answer should be clear. But I have this itching feeling that I should reach out one more time. He also still has my video game too and I don’t know if I should use that as an opportunity to open up a conversation.

TLDR: Dating guy for 3 months everything was fine until I sent a text about how I felt. Seeing if I should reach out.

It was my experience (as the NT) that Aspie guy I had been dating at one time for 3 months wasn't actually that interested but wanted to avoid confrontation about splitting up, so he just ghosted me and hoped I would get the hint.

Said Aspie guy had some of my stuff too, so I forced him to face up to his responsibility to me. I was polite but straight forward, went over to his place when I knew he was there, told him I was disappointed in him and his behavior, got my stuff back and left.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2018, 2:15 pm

You dodged a bullet and all it cost you was a video game. Why would you put yourself back in the line of fire? :?