Page 3 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

SZWell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2018, 5:37 pm

Drake wrote:
SZWell wrote:
Drake wrote:
Yes, that's the point. I have no more proof that he beats his wife than he has proof Daniel89 is racist. It's not a racist post.

He directly correlated minorities to white oppression based on nothing other than race--without political power and said it would only get "worse" after they're the majority.

How else would you interpret this?

Well, while it is possible to be racist against your own race, it's very rare. So for starters it's just simple numbers, there will be more racists the more minorities you introduce. And they'll find each other and grow bolder and more powerful and try to make additional racists from the minority population, of whom they'll have more to choose from. And if there are less whites and you're white, the more likely the target is you.

Now you asked him the question why, and I have no problem with that, it's the right thing to do, but you branded him racist anyway and it sounded like you've already made your mind up that he is racist whatever he says.

I said his post and several that he's made like it were openly racist, which I stick too. The picture you're creating up there assumes that morality in a minority-majority will certainly erode. I mean, I'm not naive, it's possible anywhere but to assume it will definitely, "only get worse" is racist

Quote:
So for starters it's just simple numbers, there will be more racists the more minorities you introduce.

He basically said this, if you didn't miswrite this then I don't know if anything can be disabused here.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2018, 6:01 pm

SZWell wrote:
Drake wrote:
SZWell wrote:
Drake wrote:
Yes, that's the point. I have no more proof that he beats his wife than he has proof Daniel89 is racist. It's not a racist post.

He directly correlated minorities to white oppression based on nothing other than race--without political power and said it would only get "worse" after they're the majority.

Well, while it is possible to be racist against your own race, it's very rare. So for starters it's just simple numbers, there will be more racists the more minorities you introduce. And they'll find each other and grow bolder and more powerful and try to make additional racists from the minority population, of whom they'll have more to choose from. And if there are less whites and you're white, the more likely the target is you.

Now you asked him the question why, and I have no problem with that, it's the right thing to do, but you branded him racist anyway and it sounded like you've already made your mind up that he is racist whatever he says.

I said his post and several that he's made like it were openly racist, which I stick too. The picture you're creating up there assumes that morality in a minority-majority will certainly erode. I mean, I'm not naive, it's possible anywhere but to assume it will definitely, "only get worse" is racist

Quote:
So for starters it's just simple numbers, there will be more racists the more minorities you introduce.

He basically said this, if you didn't miswrite this then I don't know if anything can be disabused here.

It's not racist. If you started filling Japan with white people Japanese would experience more racism due to the racists within. Especially if from poorer less developed white countries or areas.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2018, 11:58 pm

SZWell wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
SZWell wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Because as minorities grow in numbers so does their political power, we already have legal discrimination against whites this will only increase as their power does.

Why's the minority-majority more threatening? Congress is basically white right now but you're claiming that they're being discriminated against.

Yeah upper class whites will use division as a power play. Working class whites will be discriminated against and it will be justified because there are powerful whites thus those poor whites must have white privilege.

You didn't answer the question.

Yes I did. To clarify as the non white population grows so does racism and discrimination against whites, much of this discrimination is backed by law and the elite.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2018, 1:00 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Darmok appears to be attacking the notion that "racism against whites doesn't exist".

I know but its still stupid to act like everyone on the left thinks that. I certainly don't think that...granted I don't think it has the same systematic effect as white racism on other races has had. But no anyone can be racist...even in asia racism exists...like from what I understand there is even issues of like japanese thinking they are superior to other asians and what not. Racism is certainly not specific to white people.

I mean I am on the left and I think that women was being inappropriate and if the company fires her for it I would agree with them. So apparently not all of 'the left' wants to defend her tweets. I mean at least on facebook when some f the left-wingers get a bit toxic I do call them out on it. I follow some left wing groups on facebook, and yeah some of those people are just as bad as the white supremacists who identify as right wingers.

But also racism may be the least of our issues, at least when compared to global warming...the increased severe weather and things can kill us all regardless of political affiliation so maybe that is what we should be focusing on. I am part native, I look white...I've heard racist comments about native americans while not looking the part myself and that is hurtful. But the bigger issue is global warming there wont be anyone left to address and solve racism if we all die to our own human created climate change.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2018, 2:53 am

SZWell wrote:
Drake wrote:
SZWell wrote:
Drake wrote:

Quote:

I believe the ''only get worse'' comment is meant to mean that racism will get worse for white people, not across the board. I don't think he meant that a society with more nonwhites would be more racist than a white majority one. In fact it's knowing about what's happened to other minorities that makes people frightened of becoming a minority.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2018, 2:57 am

So this is how you get a good job. Just when we thought the only way to get on was to take our cloths off, the NYT has shown us a new path.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2018, 3:03 am

I specifically meant the more multicultural a society is the more racial politics will get. Whites being perceived as privileged and guilty for the crimes of other white people who lived centuries ago.

Laws discriminating against whites will be justified with well they deserve this because Slavery or Colonisation.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2018, 5:04 am

Maybe we should stop identifying race with culture.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2018, 5:19 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
So this is how you get a good job. Just when we thought the only way to get on was to take our cloths off, the NYT has shown us a new path.

Really? I should go naked then to get a promotion.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2018, 11:14 am

So, basically they hired someone the same way that Fox News, National Review, Breitbart, etc. do.

As per the first page, "left" more racist? Statistics show that the left is the tent party for all racial minorities, meanwhile the right-wing is primarily white and has little favorability (or rather trust) from the majority of minorities in the United States. So, what that's, hilariously, implying (in a non-racist?) way is that white people are the least racist out of every single race in this country.

Statistics:

http://www.people-press.org/2015/04/07/a-deep-dive-into-party-affiliation/4-6-2015_lede/

But, hey, believe whatever it is you want to believe. Sure, white people are less racist than every other race in the United States and I'm sure that right-wingers are less homophobic as well.

On a serious note, what the Editorial Board Member said was wrong. Right wingers screaming their heads off about it though? I've always found hypocrisy to be funny. Where's the outrage when numerous right-wing reporters issue racist dog whistles on a daily basis directly within their own publications, nonetheless? Those who scream their heads off about the Board Member while not even noticing all of the vileness coming from the right-wing news sources I just listed, well that tells us everything that we need to know.

Note: the above paragraph is about some right-wingers, there are other right-wingers who see and denounce the racist dog whistles in the publications I noted above who I don't affiliate with this paragraph.

'Nuff said.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2018, 12:16 pm

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
So, basically they hired someone the same way that Fox News, National Review, Breitbart, etc. do.

As per the first page, "left" more racist? Statistics show that the left is the tent party for all racial minorities, meanwhile the right-wing is primarily white and has little favorability (or rather trust) from the majority of minorities in the United States. So, what that's, hilariously, implying (in a non-racist?) way is that white people are the least racist out of every single race in this country.

Statistics:

http://www.people-press.org/2015/04/07/a-deep-dive-into-party-affiliation/4-6-2015_lede/

But, hey, believe whatever it is you want to believe. Sure, white people are less racist than every other race in the United States and I'm sure that right-wingers are less homophobic as well.

On a serious note, what the Editorial Board Member said was wrong. Right wingers screaming their heads off about it though? I've always found hypocrisy to be funny. Where's the outrage when numerous right-wing reporters issue racist dog whistles on a daily basis directly within their own publications, nonetheless? Those who scream their heads off about the Board Member while not even noticing all of the vileness coming from the right-wing news sources I just listed, well that tells us everything that we need to know.

Note: the above paragraph is about some right-wingers, there are other right-wingers who see and denounce the racist dog whistles in the publications I noted above who I don't affiliate with this paragraph.

'Nuff said.

Not as much as they used to be but the New York Times is still one of if not the most influential media outlet in the world. It is widely read by people in power and they often set the agenda for the non conservative/right-wing media. They also set the agenda for the conservative/right wing media in the sense that they are often reacting to what the Times is doing and the "national conversation" the NYT had a large role in starting.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2018, 12:47 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Spooky_Mulder wrote:

Statistics:

'Nuff said.

Not as much as they used to be but the New York Times is still one of if not the most influential media outlet in the world. It is widely read by people in power and they often set the agenda for the non conservative/right-wing media. They also set the agenda for the conservative/right wing media in the sense that they are often reacting to what the Times is doing and the "national conversation" the NYT had a large role in starting.

I respect NYT and The Post - if you're consistently hated by hot headed authoritarian bigots because you're standing in their way of using the position of president as a means to "get away with murder" - you're doing something right.

(note: while it's clear I'm stating it's hated by Trump, the other would be Nixon)

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2018, 12:49 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:

Really? I should go naked then to get a promotion.
Yes, tell them you can't afford any cloths unless they promote you and they will instantly promote you. Or fire you, definitely one or the other; unless they call the police and have you charged with exposure. Well anyway, something will happen.

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2018, 12:51 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
Because as minorities grow in numbers so does their political power, we already have legal discrimination against whites this will only increase as their power does.

This is complete nonsense. Affirmative action disproportionately benefits white women.

SZWell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2018, 1:07 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
I believe the ''only get worse'' comment is meant to mean that racism will get worse for white people, not across the board. I don't think he meant that a society with more nonwhites would be more racist than a white majority one. In fact it's knowing about what's happened to other minorities that makes people frightened of becoming a minority.

I know what he said

"Only" get worse means that there's a current and pernicious correlation to white discrimination and minorities. One that wouldn't stand today if it weren't for minorities, in plain language.

In context: because of hate-speech by this vile woman, he decided to point to the overall moral decline in this country and paint all minorities with the same brush... But not to the hate speech of white supremacist that conquer the airwaves or the demagogue president whom profligate sins he's sought to alchemize or even the stochastic terrorism that president's set out pre-dating day 1. That's my reasoning for pointing to a majority of that poster posts, cause that rhetoric's been constant

I appreciate you guys trying to help me see broader points of view because that type of open discussion makes this online community better but I'm not blind on this, I know what I saw

SZWell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2018, 1:26 pm

RushKing wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:

This is complete nonsense. Affirmative action disproportionately benefits white women.

I seriously didn't want to respond to that but thanks

The complete ignorance of why programs like affirmative action and other low-income social programs exist is infuriating but speaks to the centrality of race in politics-- which's about the only thing that hasn't changed since it's conception. Whites stand to be the largest benefactors of welfare but it's an issue because of minorities