Are human beings capable of peaceful coexistence?

Page 4 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 11:28 am

I have raised cats and dogs for around 40 years now. Generally these are one cat and one dog at a time. Both are outdoor animals. They are somewhat natural enemies. Whenever one of these animals dies, I replace the animal with a puppy or a kitten and the process continues. The animals learn to accept each other and live a peaceful existence together. But I have to train them to do this. It takes a few minutes when they are young. It is against their nature.

In some ways people are like cats and dogs. For one thing they fight like cats and dogs. But they don't have to. They have the capacity to be tolerant towards one another. So are human beings capable of peaceful coexistence? The answer is the same as the answer to the question "So are cats and dogs capable of peaceful coexistence?"

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 11:45 am

jimmy m wrote:
I have raised cats and dogs for around 40 years now. Generally these are one cat and one dog at a time. Both are outdoor animals. They are somewhat natural enemies. Whenever one of these animals dies, I replace the animal with a puppy or a kitten and the process continues. The animals learn to accept each other and live a peaceful existence together. But I have to train them to do this. It takes a few minutes when they are young. It is against their nature.

In some ways people are like cats and dogs. For one thing they fight like cats and dogs. But they don't have to. They have the capacity to be tolerant towards one another. So are human beings capable of peaceful coexistence? The answer is the same as the answer to the question "So are cats and dogs capable of peaceful coexistence?"

You likely followed the link I put elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoxPapPxXk

Here is another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdtwTeBPYQA

To your comment.
Who is training the various religions to tolerate each other and not war against each other?

I would say secular forces and laws, which deserve a lot more respect that the vile homophobic and misogynous mainstream religions. Secular law is more just than what the religions offer.

Because of that, I think your analogy is not a good one.

Regards
DL

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 12:32 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Here is another.
To your comment.
Who is training the various religions to tolerate each other and not war against each other?
I would say secular forces and laws, which deserve a lot more respect that the vile homophobic and misogynous mainstream religions. Secular law is more just than what the religions offer.

Regards
DL

No, I haven't seen the youtube videos you linked. The real answer is there is no one training cats and dogs to coexist together. Not religion nor governments. Secular laws have inherent biases. Governments may make attempts to bring cats and dogs together but they tend to be ineffective. In reality, I suspect it should be the Aspies. But they are so battered and bruised and damaged they probably fail to see their mission or their skill set.

In reality, I do really have cats and dogs and they coexist together.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 12:43 pm

jimmy m wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Here is another.
To your comment.

Regards
DL

No, I haven't seen the youtube videos you linked. The real answer is there is no one training cats and dogs to coexist together. Not religion nor governments. Secular laws have inherent biases. Governments may make attempts to bring cats and dogs together but they tend to be ineffective. In reality, I suspect it should be the Aspies. But they are so battered and bruised and damaged they probably fail to see their mission or their skill set.

In reality, I do really have cats and dogs and they coexist together.

Thanks for your incoherent response to what I put.

Regards
DL

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 12:57 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Anthropology 101, Suggests that war and peace depends on competition for resources and mates in most primitive cultures and this is also Seen in Chimpanzee Populations in the Congo, as far as Warring Behavior goes for access to resources and mates.

Sniped for brevity.

Have you seen this information?

Regards
DL

Smiles, Gnostic Bishop. I find the Correlation of Higher Levels of Peace in Societies Historically and Currently
that are Majority Without Organized Religion Among Inhabitants as opposed to the Least Peaceful Societies
with the Highest Percentages of Tribal in Origin Organized so-called Theistic Religions, Fascinating; but surely
not too surprising for the Nature of the Beast of those In Power And Status Ruling Over Others Subjugating them
With Illusory Fears and Empty Promises Controlling their Basic Freedoms; Particularly Reproductive Freedoms as Core
of what it even means to Live and Reproduce a Family or not; to choose a Suitable Mate for what Attracts one Best for Potential Reproductive Success

Abundance Leads to Greater Relative Free Will Under the Umbrella of Human Love in Empathy and Sympathy and Compassion that is Real in Giving and Sharing Free too. Whereas, Scarcity Leads to Subjugation and Control of
the Freedoms of Others Living in a Misery and Suffering where the Empathy and Sympathy and Compassion
That is Real and Innately Inborn and Gardened as Love Falls to the Pit of an Earthly Hell away from a Freedom
of Love that Nourishes Giving and Sharing Free More With Acceptance of Differences and Greater Tolerance
For Overall Humanity too.

Smiles again for on Sunday with the Words of their own Scriptures, I convinced a Catholic
Head Deacon and a Southern Baptist Minister and Missionary of the Following when i said:

So,

Who is this Manna?
Who is this Bread of Life?
Who is this God i Am Love?

Where they answered
Quickly, Jesus;

And i said No;

You.

Ye are all Gods; God is Alpha
through Omega; God is Love;

And then I said if this was and is
The Simple Gospel and Good News
Spread and Incorporated Real as Love
Incarnate in us to come as a Practice of Life Giving Love
And Sharing for Real as Free With Relative Free Will Under Love
Now wouldn't it be easy to Convince an Atheist that you Worship Love as God.

They both said one Word:

Yes.

Smiles my Friend thanks for the Video;
these Statistics you Provide already
Prove it Works as God is Love Best
in Human Being at Least
as Relative Free Will
Practiced under
the Force
of Love
that is our Innate
Human Altruism Natured
and Nurtured as Greater Force still to come
And Yes An Abundance Required to Survive and Thrive is Key as well.

And 'who' knows, with Enough Abundance as Generated By the Machines of Life,
A Currency of Love May Come to Be Freer as more of Us Truly Living in an Art Happiness now
As that applies to Human Altruism and Pursuing all of Human Potential for those who gain that Discipline too.

But First
'the Dragon'
of Doubt and Fear
and Hate must be Slain
Through Peaceful Means that work.
And that my Friend is why I regularly Visit
Southern Baptists and so-called 'Official' Catholics too.
Change comes best from Within; Within us and Group think
that we eventually Help to change
if we just don't
give up
the
Love that
Will change
the Doubt the Fear and the Hate for Real.
Hehe; anyway that's my Love Story and Love
Boat for now that works for me at least; as I continue to 'Float' in ease..:)

Kind Regards to You too And That Love Stuff too..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 1:06 pm

[quote="aghogday"]

Sniped for brevity.

If God is love, then it is strange that we see more love where God is not.

Regards
DL

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 2:19 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
aghogday wrote:

Sniped for brevity.

If God is love, then it is strange that we see more love where God is not.

Regards
DL

Smiles, Love
And or God
is Nothing
But Empty
Shells/Words
Now Without
An Essence Real
Who Feels More
Senses Now Giving and
Sharing More Than a Fossil of Life.
Anyway, it's the Essence that Counts
As Form is Empty Without Essence now;
Particularly, when that comes to Words.
I Prefer a Non-Verbal Language of Dance
That Actually Reaches out and Touches
in Terms of
Real
Reciprocal
Human Hugs
That/Who Do Feel And
Sense Like God and Love at least to me
As Metaphor Of Course As Form for Essence Real;
I like to Play with Words but I Will Never Worship Abstract Rarified Concepts.
And That's A Place Where Humans First Screwed up Most Creating Words Like God and Love as Abstract Constructs
Worshipping These Forms And Mostly Totally Missing the Boat of Nature That is Real Within to JusT Feel/DoGoDLoVENoW.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

B19
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 4:24 pm

There is a lack of civility and an excess of personal attacks in this thread, driven mainly by one poster. It would be helpful if the offender took on board the axiom that personal attacks are not exempted from the rules and justified because he views other members as inferior beings to himself.

If this thread degenerates again it will be locked.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 4:26 pm

no.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 9:21 pm

Danial Moynihan said "you can have a society based on love, but only if you have an external group to hate."

So..

Lets persuade everyone on Earth that we are under attack by space aliens.

The world will unite in common hatred of ET! And the whole human race will gear up for total war against the hated external Grays (or reptoids or whatever they are).

And we will have world peace!

At least for a while. :lol:

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 7:57 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Danial Moynihan said "you can have a society based on love, but only if you have an external group to hate."

So..

Lets persuade everyone on Earth that we are under attack by space aliens.

The world will unite in common hatred of ET! And the whole human race will gear up for total war against the hated external Grays (or reptoids or whatever they are).

And we will have world peace!

At least for a while. :lol:

If you check the stats, you will find that we are presently at the best level of peace that we have ever enjoyed.

Most people do not recognize how well the world is doing on almost all fronts that we would call evil.

We do not need aliens to stay our course.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 8:01 am

B19 wrote:
There is a lack of civility and an excess of personal attacks in this thread, driven mainly by one poster. It would be helpful if the offender took on board the axiom that personal attacks are not exempted from the rules and justified because he views other members as inferior beings to himself.

As you show here, it is almost impossible to separate the issue from the person pushing it.

Jordan Peterson
In order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive.

Regards
DL

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 10:15 am

GnosticBishop wrote:
B19 wrote:

As you show here, it is almost impossible to separate the issue from the person pushing it.

Jordan Peterson

Regards
DL

As far as the question in the title goes, it’s probably not a good sign that some seem to think it’s okay to be offensive to those who have a different outlook and perspective.

Part of peaceful coexistence would involve being respectful to those who think differently than we do - whether they’re liberals or conservatives OR atheists or theists.

We are always going to need laws as well as education in order to encourage peace and to limit discrimination.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Aug 2018, 10:28 am

From the first moment that a human baby can recognize the next one as "other," we have the essence of war.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 3:07 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
B19 wrote:

Jordan Peterson

Regards
DL

As far as the question in the title goes, it’s probably not a good sign that some seem to think it’s okay to be offensive to those who have a different outlook and perspective.

Part of peaceful coexistence would involve being respectful to those who think differently than we do - whether they’re liberals or conservatives OR atheists or theists.

We are always going to need laws as well as education in order to encourage peace and to limit discrimination.

Here, like where most interactions begin, things usually being well enough and things do not get to insults till one of the interlocutors starts it up.

When one does start something, he or she should recognize that reciprocity is fair play and if someone's skin is not thick enough, they should not bother trying to argue things.

All here should recognize as well that not all here have a high I. Q. or a decent education in some of the topics broached.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 3:11 pm

Claradoon wrote:
From the first moment that a human baby can recognize the next one as "other," we have the essence of war.

True and that is why mods should be as lenient as possible with those who attempt to put arguments forward while coming down hard on those who just throw the eh, more colorful epithets at people without trying to correct them with an argument.

Jordan Peterson

Regards
DL