Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

d057
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2018, 12:55 pm

Hello,
This is the error message that appears on the top of my profile when I try to click on it from the home page. I have no idea what any of this means, or, why it is coming up.

D057
Notice: WP_User->Id Was Called With An Argument That Is Deprecated Since Version 2.1! Use WP_User->ID Instead. In /Chroot/Home/Wrongpla/Wrongplanet.Net/Html/Wp-Includes/Functions.Php On Line 3193

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2018, 12:33 am

I don't think anyone here knows what that's all about, and there's been no pronouncement from on high about it, AFAIK.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2018, 5:44 am

I have one too, does yours take up the whole page repeating itself?

Fluffysaurus
Notice: WP_User->Id Was Called With An Argument That Is Deprecated Since Version 2.1! Use WP_User->ID Instead. In /Chroot/Home/Wrongpla/Wrongplanet.Net/Html/Wp-Includes/Functions.Php On Line 3193

Gi4jfAAe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Aug 2018, 11:23 am

I was about to make a thread about something similar. This is on top of not being able to access the site at all in recent days- several days ago when I tried accessing this site, I would be met with some general connection error, and when I tried again just a few minutes ago, I got the same thing. I realized it was just on my end though, and tried logging in through Tor, and finally out of nowhere the connection on my regular browser starts working again.

This is on top of other issues I've repeatedly encountered this year- earlier this year I tried registering an account but it would never, ever accept the "neurotypical" fill-in on the registration form, and I had to get a moderator to post a thread of mine because it wouldn't go through on my end (and the admin, Alex, never, ever got back to me.)

d057
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2018, 12:57 pm

Yes, mine does take up the whole page.

fluffysaurus wrote:
I have one too, does yours take up the whole page repeating itself?

Fluffysaurus

B19
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 6:17 pm

d057 wrote:
Hello,
This is the error message that appears on the top of my profile when I try to click on it from the home page. I have no idea what any of this means, or, why it is coming up.

D057

Please don't think it is about you personally. This is some kind of glitch which has been reported by about four members, and there is nothing in their personal accounts that explains why it appeared on their profile. I understand that it is unsettling when you get errors like this showing up. Unfortunately moderators can't remove them, otherwise we would be happy to assist. Perhaps Alex who is the sole admin can alter your profile to delete it, I am not sure.

alex
Developer
Developer

09 Aug 2018, 6:42 pm

B19 wrote:
d057 wrote:
Hello,

D057

Please don't think it is about you personally. This is some kind of glitch which has been reported by about four members, and there is nothing in their personal accounts that explains why it appeared on their profile. I understand that it is unsettling when you get errors like this showing up. Unfortunately moderators can't remove them, otherwise we would be happy to assist. Perhaps Alex who is the sole admin can alter your profile to delete it, I am not sure.

This was fixed a few days ago. B19, could you please show me where you've seen this today? I've taken away time from other things to try to investigate this issue today (although it should have been fixed a couple days ago) but I cannot find the errors on anyones profiles since I fixed it.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 6:48 pm

I haven't looked at any of those profiles since they were reported Alex, if people say they are seeing it they usually send it to us as a report. There will be some of these in closed reports that could be rechecked to see if they are back to normal, however I am loathe to do it due to other demands today.

It's great to hear that it is fixed :) Thanks for your help.

alex
Developer
Developer

09 Aug 2018, 6:51 pm

B19 wrote:
I haven't looked at any of those profiles since they were reported Alex, if people say they are seeing it they usually send it to us as a report. There will be some of these in closed reports that could be rechecked to see if they are back to normal, however I am loathe to do it due to other demands today.

It's great to hear that it is fixed :) Thanks for your help.

The errors were appearing for every single user as far as I could tell: http://wrongplanet.net/author/alex

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 3:38 pm

Thank you Alex! It has indeed been fixed.